• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC VR - Hardware, Software, Recommendations & Discussion Thread

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Randomly selected media updates from the last page, there were tons of cool stuff so check it yourself thoroughly for much more, I can only embed 10 of them in this post and at times there were 10 per post :p

Last edited:

Alexios

This is neat, I love the cool stuff people make (when they're sensible and useful like this, not stupid like a whole gun shaped attachment that may obstruct the controllers and you can't even see with the HMD on so all that matters is the grip points, lol, like some useless 3rd party Wii accessories).

And some more freebies to check out, the first is obviously early in development, links in the description (the other one on Steam):

Last edited:

Alexios

Edit: I just tried that Terminus alpha/demo thingie. It's pretty well done all things considered. The fov seems to be a tad off for Rift so there's some distortion, but other than that it looks fairly decent, the interactions with things like doors, drawers and cupboards is actually rather intuitive and natural, but the usable held objects can feel off without the proper animation/hand pose and what not, I guess that stuff is early still, especially the axe. The phone is damn cool though with an AR style interface. I turned the game off after the first enemies I avoided by ducking behind a kiosk thing with a cash register, I didn't want to try and get past them or see if they'd return, lol. Next time. Anyway, this is a project to watch if they get to make it into a full game as their intent is, there's a solid base here already. I didn't even mind there's no artificial turning method included, just your physical movement, though I'd hope they will include stick turning later on too.

New teasier video for this awesome project:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Since index is rumored to be restocked a little bit, let me ask some questions :
1) what is the focal distance compared to S? Is it short sighted friendly? S is about 1 meter I think and it was the only oculus headset which was sharp to me without glasses (I am short sighted)
2) is index setup a mess of cables?
3)are new lighthouse loud and spinning all the time?
4)which has better god Ray's and optics. S or Index?

Any idea when S will be restocked?

Alexios

Last edited:

Knch

Since index is rumored to be restocked a little bit, let me ask some questions :
1) what is the focal distance compared to S? Is it short sighted friendly? S is about 1 meter I think and it was the only oculus headset which was sharp to me without glasses (I am short sighted)
2) is index setup a mess of cables?
3)are new lighthouse loud and spinning all the time?
4)which has better god Ray's and optics. S or Index?

Any idea when S will be restocked?
1 - I wear contacts so I can't help you there, but you can move the lenses closer or further away which might help.
2 - There's a single cable running to the headset, which splits near your computer. There's a longer (detachable) cable for the power adapter, how messy you make it is up to you.
3 - They vibrate less than the Vive versions, haven't noticed them at all. (You can have them turn on/off with the headset.)
4 - Don't have an S, won't get an S. It's much improved from a Vive in all respects.

Last edited:

Alexios

Two new trailers and release. No clue if this is any good but it looks interesting for being an, I believe, mostly one man project. It has probably limited its depth & systems but it could be a cool experience still...

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

It looks like this just came out of early access and presumably incorporates all these things I actually quite liked what I played of it before, it was a bit repetitive and slow perhaps but with videos like the above they seem to have taken measures to improve it all.
You can try this demo-like thing made for it a while ago but I'm not sure if that got or will get any of the improvements too.

Last edited:

Vlodril

For those that have the rift s i am having a couple of issues and google hasn't been that helpful.

As far as the device it self goes every time i remove my headset it gets stuck on the 3 dots plus grey expanse loading screen. I need to close the oculus program and restart it so it loads again. That goes for when i am in game too. Is there a way to avoid this? When i am in Lone echo i get a message that the left controller can't be found make sure its paired etc and the screen is stuck on the three dots. When i am out i don't get any messages just the loading screen.

As far as Lone Echo goes i am having performance issues. I get extreme fps drops (like sub 10) and when i turn my head i see a black wall (level hasn't loaded). Didn't happen from the start. I have everything on max so i guess i can try dropping some settings but my pc should be able to run it without any problems.

Alexios

No idea about the S but maybe try opting in the beta software from the app, just in case :d

Or opting out if you're in. Seems to be a kind of "first shot" attempt to fix shit going by google.

Last edited:

Vlodril

Opted in but didn't seem to help. I doubt its as tracking issue as well since while its infinite loading out of lone echo i can actually use both controllers fine. I can hear or even see some times the home area load but it switches to the grey area with the dots.

Edited to add i found the issue with lone echo it was the antialiasing in the game. It is off by default. I turned it on that was what was dropping the fps so much (not sure why though). Apart from that its a pretty good game so far (for sci-fi fans especially).

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Herr Edgy

Just got an initial batch Index.

So exciting! It's been so long since I honestly looked forward to trying out new games. Modern gaming is just so similar overall.
So many VR games that I didn't pay attention to because I couldn't play yet. And yes, I know that big games are still rare.

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

No idea what the fuck this is but I hope it does the series justice. Trying to not get too excited :messenger_neutral:
600x200

Wildman Inc. announced on March 10, 2020 that it will release its new VR title, Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record (tentative title), licensed by SEGA GAMES Co., Ltd., as a software dedicated to VR headsets.

TOKYO (PRWEB) March 10, 2020

Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record is a VR dramatic shooter. It relive each of the various episodes that appeared in the three works of Sega Saturn software "Panzer Dragoon", "Panzer Dragoon Zwei" and "Panzer Dragoon Saga".

This work is a completely new work to play the episodes of the series trilogy by a new graphics that the first person view optimized for VR headsets and a new input method that likens the VR controller to the handgun of the dragon rider. The recording episodes and the support platform to be announced later.

For the latest information, please check official Twitter account @PanzerDragoonVR

[ Specification ]
Product Name : Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record (tentative title)
Release Date : 2020 Japanese Fiscal Year (Until March 2021)
Genre : VR Dramatic Shooter
Players : Single person
Publish & Development : Wildman Inc.
Copyright : Original Game©SEGA/©Wildman

Panzer Dragoon is either registered trademark or trademark of SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. or its affiliates

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

This says Quest in the title but the game will be made available for PC too and this is far newer footage.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

A little Metroid-like freebie from the developer of a long line of non-VR FPS/RPG type in-depth hybrid games, which he has been converting to VR these days.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

So much VR goodness alongside Alyx (most is on PC too, I'm only unsure for B-Team which looks so so).

For posterity but as to not bump this thread since I made another for the Facebook stuff (unless they show something cool like Lone Echo II):

Last edited:

Alexios

Long awaited Saints & Sinners localiztion patch with an assortment of other improvements and fixes too.
Localization:
  • The game is now available in French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese-Brazilian
    • This is Gameplay and UI Text only, no audio. Please enable your Subtitles in the Options > Audio menu.
  • Language selector is available in the Options Menu

Additions/Improvements:

AI
  • Combat Retreat and Maneuvering Improvements for Human AI

Audio
  • Improved Weapon sounds
  • Frying Pan should now have a satisfying “Clunk!”

Gameplay
  • Health and Stamina bars have been added to the Watch
  • New Menu Option to disable HUD (removes the Health and Stamina bars from the center of the your view)
  • Bow should now be easier to pull

Physical Crouch
  • Hybrid Seated/Standing Mode is now on by Default
  • True Player Height mode added
  • Various crouching collision fixes

Optimizations
  • Improved performance in Rampart
  • Misc Backpack/Inventory optimizations
  • Misc code optimizations
  • Various Improved LODs

Bug Fixes:

Audio
  • Spatial Volume fixes in The Shallows, Bastion, Via Carolla, and Old Town.
  • Misc audio bug fixes

Gameplay
  • Chaperone should now correctly appear in Standing/Roomscale for SteamVR
  • Removed bad collision in Rampart kitchen area that blocked players from grabbing items
  • Severed body parts should now appear as the correct model when you load a save game
  • Misc UI jitter fixes
  • Misc other gameplay bug fixes
Also, this released, it looks good for the genre.

Last edited:

Alexios

Not like you didn't know already but for posterity, yeah it's out.

This guy is always too good, that's with DEADEYE, ie, he has to aim properly, not let the game auto aim as in default while focusing on the rhythm and stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom