• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC VR - Hardware, Software, Recommendations & Discussion Thread

Vlodril

Oh he got 3080. Still have to lower details in asetto corsa and so on.
One cable goes to outlet and one to usb with splitter on the way. It's not too bad but it's not just a simple usb c you plug up front when you want to use it (or wireless).
It is amazingly clear as I've tried but I can't speak for his sweetspot. He says it sucks
Maybe it's an ipd thing. I didn't mind but could be a personal thing. It is a huge hog yes. I am using a 2080 and basically have to drop to 60-80% res because otherwise i get fps drops (which in vr not a good thing).

I personally love it's clarity but wouldn't recommend it to anyone due to wmr. It is abysmal unfortunately. Hard to beat the price of quest 2 anyway (it is a great good enough headset).

Wonko_C

So I got a month of Game Pass to play Forza Horizon 5 and I lasted for like... one hour before getting bored and quitting. This game seriously needs VR support on PC.

Sooo let's make some noise!

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Bow to Blood is now free on Steam and updated with Valve Index, because its studio has been acquired.

Game is still full price on other platforms

elbourreau

Hey guys, long time I haven't post here.

Our team is working hard on our first VR title. We are far from release, but things get better and better.

uRr1v9d.jpg

Feel free to support us, like and subscribe.

See you!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Maybe I acted too fast, I sold the Valve Index, because of those base stations (I am moving to another place). So I bought Oculus Quest 2 (was in sale), what difference should I expect software wise? Does it work with Steam VR?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Maybe I acted too fast, I sold the Valve Index, because of those base stations (I am moving to another place). So I bought Oculus Quest 2 (was in sale), what difference should I expect software wise? Does it work with Steam VR?
Yes it works with Steam VR. If you have a decent wifi router you can have a pretty great wireless PCVR experience.

M1chl

Yes it works with Steam VR. If you have a decent wifi router you can have a pretty great wireless PCVR experience.
Sure Wi-FI 6 mesh network. Since there was need to freshly build the new place. So I am set. Thanks!

I also bought that really expensive oculus link cable just in case... There wasn't any other cable with 3m length in the shop where I was buying it.

hlm666

Sure Wi-FI 6 mesh network. Since there was need to freshly build the new place. So I am set. Thanks!

I also bought that really expensive oculus link cable just in case... There wasn't any other cable with 3m length in the shop where I was buying it.
cable could still be useful if your really going for a marathon session and don't want to wait for it to recharge. Readjusting to having the cable there can be a safety hazard though ;)

WIFI 6 should be plenty good for wireless VR (y) I use Riftcat Vridge occasionally for PCVR and that is smooth at 1440p/120Hz with a high bitrate (up to 150Mbps using Moonlight) on just an AC 5Ghz connection.

M1chl

WIFI 6 should be plenty good for wireless VR (y) I use Riftcat Vridge occasionally for PCVR and that is smooth at 1440p/120Hz with a high bitrate (up to 150Mbps using Moonlight) on just an AC 5Ghz connection.

cable could still be useful if your really going for a marathon session and don't want to wait for it to recharge. Readjusting to having the cable there can be a safety hazard though ;)

Oh awesome, I though I have to have the cable, I wouldn't buy it if I would at least read you know. Seems too good to do this wirelessly. Well I still can return it, since EU and so on. Thanks guys, really happy about the purchase.

Well I am not sure what is the display quality difference between Index and Oculus, some people are saying it's better, some saying that it's worse. But I bough it just for 9K CZK (420USD, mind you 21% VAT, 128GB version), so I got a good deal.

hlm666

Oh awesome, I though I have to have the cable, I wouldn't buy it if I would at least read you know. Seems too good to do this wirelessly. Well I still can return it, since EU and so on. Thanks guys, really happy about the purchase.

Well I am not sure what is the display quality difference between Index and Oculus, some people are saying it's better, some saying that it's worse. But I bough it just for 9K CZK (420USD, mind you 21% VAT, 128GB version), so I got a good deal.
I havn't used an index, i have used a hp g2 though which is supposed to have a better screen than the index I think and personally the wireless makes a bigger difference for me than the slightly worse screen. If you have ever played anything like HL ALyx, Boneworks or even any of those games where your just standing in one spot and turning to fight off enemies not having to worry about unwinding yourself if you turn one way more than the other is more liberating than you would initially think. If your primarily a cockpit game player the cable may not matter as much as the screen.

M1chl

I havn't used an index, i have used a hp g2 though which is supposed to have a better screen than the index I think and personally the wireless makes a bigger difference for me than the slightly worse screen. If you have ever played anything like HL ALyx, Boneworks or even any of those games where your just standing in one spot and turning to fight off enemies not having to worry about unwinding yourself if you turn one way more than the other is more liberating than you would initially think. If your primarily a cockpit game player the cable may not matter as much as the screen.
I mainly have it for Flight Sim, so cables don't bother me, but in my new room, which is going to be attic room (well that one for VR), I moved to house. So base stations wouldn't be as good solution. I don't really play something like a beatsaber and so on...

hlm666

I mainly have it for Flight Sim, so cables don't bother me, but in my new room, which is going to be attic room (well that one for VR), I moved to house. So base stations wouldn't be as good solution. I don't really play something like a beatsaber and so on...
Interesting to see what you think when you get a chance to play. Tracking wont be an issue in flightsim so you lose nothing from the move away from base stations there. I play car games in vr and I've been too lazy to hook up the G2, I moved the wheel and pedals to a more appropriate place so I just grab the quest and go sit down at the wheel and chill on the shuto expressway, nurburgring or bathurst.

M1chl

Interesting to see what you think when you get a chance to play. Tracking wont be an issue in flightsim so you lose nothing from the move away from base stations there. I play car games in vr and I've been too lazy to hook up the G2, I moved the wheel and pedals to a more appropriate place so I just grab the quest and go sit down at the wheel and chill on the shuto expressway, nurburgring or bathurst.
Will report back : )

elbourreau

Alright, We are starting again our game promotion during October. A lot to show to VR nethusiasts. Good news and officcial anoncements to come !

ijJyaY1.jpg

Follow #projectlouisana #theboundsVR §

See you real soon.

Also this is coming.

I do hope they don't screw over existing owners without a free upgrade or super-deep discount, this is patch material that they should hype (with a focus on the bundle by the pricing if they feel people didn't play all episodes) instead for extra/renewed publicity and more sales...

I can't tell much of a difference but every little tweak and bit of polish helps with VR. I was actually about to get the game after reading that it improves on every aspect of A Chair in a Room which I played and found promising but not quite there (I can be picky with VR feel/controls).
Super Late to this but how is Exorcist?

I the native quest version is on sale right now for 17 bucks. Curious how much better the graphics are on the steam version vs hmd.

A.Romero

Super Late to this but how is Exorcist?

I the native quest version is on sale right now for 17 bucks. Curious how much better the graphics are on the steam version vs hmd.
Hi, I own the Oculus store version, not sure if there is a difference with the other ones.

It's OK but kind of repetitive. Only played once and kind of forgot about it.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So right as I was about to begin Starfield my PSU blew up on me. Sounded like a .22 going off. Confirmed it's totally dead. PSU tester doesn't even get a signal. Pretty sure (please god) everything else is ok. No blown caps on the mobo ...

This is a first for me. Recommend me your most trusted PSU. Looking for an 850-1000 watt unit.

mitchman

Gold Member
So right as I was about to begin Starfield my PSU blew up on me. Sounded like a .22 going off. Confirmed it's totally dead. PSU tester doesn't even get a signal. Pretty sure (please god) everything else is ok. No blown caps on the mobo ...

This is a first for me. Recommend me your most trusted PSU. Looking for an 850-1000 watt unit.
Could just be a blown fuse inside the PSU, should be quick to check and replace. You'd be hard pressed to have a PSU actually break considering all the failsafes built into them.

Top Bottom