• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: VR

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
grabbing things and looking at them up-close was great
This is unfortunately not as great as I would like in VR, partially as we age we lose the ability to change focus easily sure but in VR you have a fixed focus dictated by the lenses chosen and how the game renders. So everything closer than a certain distance is blurrier than you would expect :/…

Three

If you own a PS5 already I'd recommend you just get a PSVR2. People recommending you build a new PC and get a Quest 3 for it while also suggesting it's a honeymoon phase doesn't compute really. Your cheapest and safest bet is to just get a PSVR2 if you have a PS5 already and see if you like VR longterm. The selection of games on PSVR2 is great and it gets pretty much all the quest 3 games coming out plus some exclusives. See if you enjoy VR with PSVR2 before jumping into the deep end and doing what a couple of posters here are suggesting you do.

Last edited:

drezz

But things like taking the gun from the holster, shooting and reloading was awkward.
This is one of the best things about VR.
Pulling out a weapon and instant one tap a enemy player in the dome, to quickly holster it again and continuing to defuse a bomb is a 10/10 experience.
The more you practise with eye and hand cordination, the better and faster you get at it.

Klik

2 months ago i went from PS5/PSVR2 to PC/Quest 3 and it was the best thing i've done. Quest 3 i amazing(i used Quest 2 also). Also,i could never ever use wired VR anymore.

There are so many VR games on PC especially if you like racing sims. Currently im obsessed with Eleven table tennis🤣

Techies

VR is amazing the first time you try it, but it has a very short honeymoon phase.

I tried out VR and immediately said "holy shit this is the future". Then I played games in which the camera moves forward just like it would do when you walk or run or drive something. It made me feel sick really quick and now I have zero interest to touch VR again.

My GF had the same problem. Everyone I know who owns a VR headset doesn't use it because the say you have to train your brain to not feel sick during VR and it's just an annoying thing to do.

If VR companies can't fix the problem with people getting sick from what is the most basic human movement pattern, VR will never be succesful.

I've never seen myself or other people go so fast from "holy shit this is the future" to "this is crap and I hate it". Also, my dog hated it when I used the VR headset. She probably noticed that it makes me sick.

@OP: Definitely get a VR headset with pancake lenses. I found it a million times more impressive than VR with fresnel lenses.

I'm starting to think VR sickness is a grown up problem. Kids seem to snap head based analogue motion in so quickly, it's ridiculous.

I just don't get it, last time my brother tried VR, analogue movement was no go. Then he tried AC Nexus the other day with same movement scheme and no motion sickness, be it for a short period.

Same movement controls, even though different game, only difference was Quest2 vs Quest3 and 1 year went by.

2 months ago i went from PS5/PSVR2 to PC/Quest 3 and it was the best thing i've done. Quest 3 i amazing(i used Quest 2 also). Also,i could never ever use wired VR anymore.

There are so many VR games on PC especially if you like racing sims. Currently im obsessed with Eleven table tennis🤣
This right here pretty much sums it up.

I'll just add that we are probably days away from UEVR to come out, so 100's of unreal engine games will be fully playable in VR, this will blow the pc vr market wide open.

So, yeah, quest 3, get that shit!

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
PSVR2 has a surprisingly poor selection of software. I think you’d have a better experience with a standalone Quest 3 with the option to connect to a PC down the line. Congrats, you’re arrived into the 80’s neon polygonal hyperspace future.
It may not have the sheer numbers but there are games on PSVR that you simply cannot get anywhere else and they are leagues ahead of anything out there, both Resident Evils are just insanely good both are easily in my top 10 gaming experiences of all time, Gran Turismo is mindboggling huge and realistic, Horizon is just a visual feast and a great game to boot, I can't remember how many times I just stood there open mouthed at the incredible vistas then you have lots of the smaller games which are great fun, in all honesty the only game I feel I'm missing out on is Alyx but I wouldn't trade the PS games for that one great PC game... Oh a heavily modded Skyrim, I'll also give you guys that one as well.

Techies

This right here pretty much sums it up.

I'll just add that we are probably days away from UEVR to come out, so 100's of unreal engine games will be fully playable in VR, this will blow the pc vr market wide open.

So, yeah, quest 3, get that shit!
Once that thing goes out in the wild, things will get really interesting. See even Tekken 8 works.

Once that thing goes out in the wild, things will get really interesting. See even Tekken 8 works.
I'll leave here the list of tested games so far just in case anyone is interested.

google doc link to UEVR tested games and video links

Seems like the vast majority of games UE4 and above just work out of the gate. Once custom profiles are ready for these games, no need to even fuck around with settings, just straight up plug and play. Will be glorious :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Techies

It may not have the sheer numbers but there are games on PSVR that you simply cannot get anywhere else and they are leagues ahead of anything out there, both Resident Evils are just insanely good both are easily in my top 10 gaming experiences of all time, Gran Turismo is mindboggling huge and realistic, Horizon is just a visual feast and a great game to boot, I can't remember how many times I just stood there open mouthed at the incredible vistas then you have lots of the smaller games which are great fun, in all honesty the only game I feel I'm missing out on is Alyx but I wouldn't trade the PS games for that one great PC game... Oh a heavily modded Skyrim, I'll also give you guys that one as well.
One thing I've noted about the Resident evil games, are the high quality props used around the world. Cannot recall how many times I stopped to peak inside a cooking pot, admired furniture up close, looked at paintings and statues.

The worlds are just incredibly detailed.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
One thing I've noted about the Resident evil games, are the high quality props used around the world. Cannot recall how many times I stopped to peak inside a cooking pot, admired furniture up close, looked at paintings and statues.

The worlds are just incredibly detailed.
The castle just blew my mind, I love mediaeval castles and stately homes and the detail and intricacy of that castle was insane, the architectural details on every single surface must've took months of work, once I had cleared an area of jump scares lol I'd go back and just tour the place, going in close and checking out the furniture, paintings, carpentry work, everything was to such a high standard.

Top Bottom