• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam February 2024 Hardware & Software Survey: Simplified Chinese surpasses English, becomes the most used language on the platform

5yt9LOA.png

K1L5HUw.png

Russian was 3rd, They are the most vocal group when a game does not support it's language.

I did not have my Quest 3 connected to the PC when the survey came up so it thinks I don't have any VR. I thought that was a bit messed up.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
tencent will be one of steam major shaholder in the future.

Last edited:

Fredrik

The popularity of PC in China vs consoles is a large reason for the explosive growth of Steam.
And younger people jumping in. Anecdotal evidence in my bubble up in the viking region, by looking at friends, kids, the kids friends, coworkers I see PC gaming growing among younger people, 10-30 yo. I rarely hear talk about consoles, there is some talk about sports games but that’s about it, and Zelda. Lots of multiplayer and co-op games are played.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Interesting to see twice as many Intel cpu users as AMD, despite all the memes about Intel heat and power consumption.

Elysium44

Banned
Interesting to see twice as many Intel cpu users as AMD, despite all the memes about Intel heat and power consumption.

Unless we know the age of CPU which I don't think the survey reveals, I bet a lot of people like myself are still on 10th gen or older which was before the power consumption and heat became sharply higher.

The popularity of PC in China vs consoles is a large reason for the explosive growth of Steam.
It's more complicated than that. PC has always been predominant in Chinese gaming market.

It's more because accessibility of Steam and its regional price policy.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Unless we know the age of CPU which I don't think the survey reveals, I bet a lot of people like myself are still on 10th gen or older which was before the power consumption and heat became sharply higher.
Perhaps so. I'm still on Intel 10th gen myself.

Top Bottom