• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCGames.de Rise of Tomb Raider Cover

Kezen

Banned
PC_Games_Magazin-00003_2015_910329008.jpg

http://www.pcgames.de/PC-Games-Brands-19921/News/PC-Games-03-15-mit-Vollversion-Emergency-2013-Titelstory-Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1151367/

No confirmation of a PC version obviously but it's pretty telling Crytal Dynamics have let a PC outlet view the game.
At this point a PC version is confirmed, but who knows when it will come.

This is... Odd.
Makes you wonder how far behind the PC release will actually be.

Yeah I go for an early 2016 release for a PC version and a summer 2016 release for PS4. Giving an interview to a PC magazine is as close as announcement we are going to get before the Xbox One release.

Nibel

Their website offers news for all platforms though; I haven't touched a PC Games in years but assume that they cover PS4/XBO/WiiU games as well.

SparkTR

Their website offers news for all platforms though; I haven't touched a PC Games in years but assume that they cover PS4/XBO/WiiU games as well.

They do indeed review console games on the website (like The Order). Not sure if that extends to cover articles or their magazine though, but it seems like a multiplatform website.

Corpekata

Banned

Why would you assume that? If this magazine is putting stuff like friggin Dungeons 2 as a highlight on the cover, the magazine is probably extremely PC oriented.

dugdug

Banned
They're copying Uncharted again by making the main character look entirely different for the sequel.

/s

Kezen

Banned
There is this as well :
Als Microsoft auf der letztjährigen E3 verkündete, Rise of the Tomb Raider wäre ein Exklusivtitel für die Xbox One, war die Entrüstung bei den Fans der Reihe verständlicherweise sehr groß. Microsoft ruderte daraufhin zurück und sprach fortan nur noch von zeitlichen Exklusivität. Mit anderen Worten: einer zeitnahen Veröffentlichung des Titel auf PC nach dem Xbox-One-Release steht nichts im Weg. Als wir nun die Chance hatten, uns die Xbox-One-Fassung von Rise of the Tomb Raider anzuschauen, mussten wir sie unbedingt ergreifen, um euch einen der vielversprechendsten PC-Titel der nächsten Monate ausführlich vorzustellen. Vorhang auf für die neue Lara in der PC-Games-Titelstory 03/15.
When Microsoft announced at last year's E3, Rise of the Tomb Raider would be an exclusive title for the Xbox One, the outrage was understandably very high among fans of the series. Microsoft then backtracked and said from now on only temporal exclusivity. In other words: a timely publication of the titles on the PC after the Xbox-one release nothing stands in the way. Now when we had the chance to look at us the Xbox One version of Rise of the Tomb Raider, we had to take essential to introduce you to one of the most promising PC titles in the coming months in detail. Curtain up for the new Lara in the PC Games Cover Story 03/15.

Day and date with the X1 version. Calling it now.
I don't know what you're smoking....but I want some of it.
Come on guys.

Microsoft wants this game for their Xbox ecosystem and they won't let PC fuck everything up, at least not now.

Xando

They say that they saw the XB1 version but they call it "one of the most promising PC games in the coming months"

LUXURY

Tired of her face changes. Just pick one and fucking stick with it. Every time I see her, her face has changed.

Nibel

Why would you assume that? If this magazine is putting stuff like friggin Dungeons 2 as a highlight on the cover, the magazine is probably extremely PC oriented.

Like I said: they cover a lot of platforms.

Interesting enough they don't mention the Xbox One in the description for this issue. I mean, yeah, could be a soft confirmation of the PC version - which, let's be honest, will of course happen - but maybe they just left it out.

Edit: Aight, read Kezan's post - forget it, this is it lol

Corpekata

Banned
Like I said: they cover a lot of platforms.

Interesting enough they don't mention the Xbox One in the description for this issue. I mean, yeah, could be a soft confirmation of the PC version - which, let's be honest, will of course happen - but maybe they just left it out.

Edit: Aight, read Kezan's post - forget it, this is it lol

I know why you said it about the website, I was questioning why you thought the print version did it.

Haunted

Between actresses, CG approximations of the actresses' face, concept art, CG renderers of concept art and - finally - Lara's face in-game, it seems like they're not certain how she should look, either.

Kezen

Banned
Xbox ecosystem is now part of W10.

Evidently that's not the case. Otherwise Rise of the Tomb Raider would have been announced as a Windows 10 exclusive already.

It will release with the PS4 sku sometimes in 2016.

I could see it being a Windows 10 only game. Force the PC gamers to upgrade from 7 / 8.1
That would be amazing for Windows 10 but I don't see that happening. Why the secrecy ? Why haven't it been announced then ?

jmga

That would be amazing for Windows 10 but I don't see that happening. Why the secrecy ? Why haven't it been announced then ?
Fable Legends was not announced for PC.
It is confirmed there are more Xbox games coming to W10.

Reboot Lara seems to suffer from the same affliction as the lead guy in Just Cause 2 - her face can't seem to settle on a single, consistent look.

They're still early on with the Windows 10 Xbox stuff. Microsoft is spreading the Win 10 announcements throughout the year, TR could be a later announcement when they finally talk about the Win 10 store.

Kezen

Banned
Fable Legends was not announced for PC.
It is confirmed there are more Xbox games coming to W10.

There still very early on with the Windows 10 Xbox stuff. Microsoft is spreading the Win 10 announcements throughout the year, TR could be a later announcement when they finally talk about the Win 10 store.

I was already thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 as soon as I could but this would seal the deal.
I certainly hope this is something Microsoft at least consider. The cynic in me does not believe that at all though.
In an ideal world it would have cross-play with Xbox players and would support Directx 12.

But hey, the world is not ideal for everyone.

Hypoethetically, Gamescom would be where they would make such a plan public (PC show).

GHG

I'm getting cosmetic surgery ads on this page while browsing on the mobile version.

Even the internet knows they fucked up laras face.

Top Bottom