• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCGames.de Rise of Tomb Raider Cover

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Day and date with the X1 version. Calling it now.

Maybe not day and date, but not far behind - possibly this year (or January 2016 if the MS contract states exclusivity for this year)

They wouldn't allow a PC mag to put it on the cover unless it was coming relatively soon.

mogor

Kim Kardashian?

CTRL+F > Kardashian. Good to know I'm not the only one... my very first thought: "Huh, they made her look like Kim Kardashian". Crazy how much her design changed throughout the years.

Corpekata

Banned
People realize that's a drawing right? And that there are multiple pictures of what she looks like in game that are more in line with the previous game.

eXistor

Why on earth did they change her face again her initial TR2013 look was by far the best and she looks nothing like that anymore. Hell, even the remaster changed it for the worse imo. I don't really care I guess, but it's just very strange.

People realize that's a drawing right? And that there are multiple pictures of what she looks like in game that are more in line with the previous game.

I've seen the ingame shots and it also looks different to me. Even so, it's strange they decided on this vastly different look to promote teh game on a magazine cover. Oh well, I guess super-models look nothing like their photoshoots in real life either, so maybe it's a trend we're seeing in gaming, who knows.

Roybot

Neo Member
She reminds me of Swedish singer Laleh.

640px-Laleh_2014-07-05.jpg

derExperte

Even the screenshots aren't consistent. But as long as she doesn't have that derpy, botched facelift-look from the DE I'm okay with everything.

But all of us who bought an xbone to play this game early? What a waste.

There has been so much talk about the timed nature of this deal that any one who buys a Xbox to play it earlier can't act like they were trickdd regardless of how quickly it gets ported.

Lucreto

I expect some sort of announcement at GDC.

The Pc version will run on Windows 10 and the new Direct X. The Pc and Xbox version will be able to play the multiplayer together.

Kezen

Banned
I expect some sort of announcement at GDC.

The Pc version will run on Windows 10 and the new Direct X. The Pc and Xbox version will be able to play the multiplayer together.

GDC is not usually the show where games are announced, even port of existing ones. If this was to be announced it would be at Gamescom I think.

Kezen

Banned
Does the magazine confirm it's a PC title? Or is it still based on speculation?

I haven't read it but I don't see how they could "confirm" a PC version since CD, SE and MS are keeping quiet on this.
I'm not sure why you talk about speculation when we know the deal is timed therefore a PC version is a sure thing, the only question is when.

I haven't read it but I don't see how they could "confirm" a PC version since CD, SE and MS are keeping quiet on this.
I'm not sure why you talk about speculation when we know the deal is timed therefore a PC version is a sure thing, the only question is when.

Because it's still speculation?
Yea it's timed just like any other contract or deal. Saying that is literally a non answer. It's also the same thing that's been said since the reveal so if it's no confirmations then I don't even see the point of having it as a cover.

MrToast

The face was already revealed to have changed was it not? Also, this is pretty damn evident of an incoming PC release, but again, with whats been said about the deal between SE and Microsoft, the deal has an agreed period of time of exclusivity.

Kezen

Banned
Because it's still speculation?
Yea it's timed just like any other contract or deal. Saying that is literally a non answer. It's also the same thing that's been said since the reveal so if it's no confirmations then I don't even see the point of having it as a cover.

It only further points towards a PC release. Not any contract or deal is timed by the way, Rise of the Tomb Raider will land on PC (and PS4)....In 2016 most likely.
Unless....Unless a megaton happens.

Top Bottom