• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCVR Game Discussion |Thread| Knocking down the (virtual) walls

vermadas

Though unlikely, it could be a runtime specific issue. Durante is using Vive on SteamVR and DF's footage indicated they were using a Rift, presumably on OculusVR. If anyone with both a Rift and Vive that has the Steam version they could try both and see if they notice a difference. Anyone using the Rift could try using the OculusDebugTool with the performance overlay to see if it shows as hitting 90 without ASW.

NimbusD

Anyone else frustrated with echo arena? The lack of a many common sense features are killing what would be a possible goty contender. No party, non existent matchmaking, can't mute or report people... Can't customize controls. The matchmaking part of it is killing the community, what was great was everyone was nice and friendly, but now 12 year old run rampant ruining games by poor sportsmanship. And I'm matched w them even though they tear me apart. And when they run up the score it just makes the game last forever due to resetting every time. You can't leave, and muting people means you give up a pt because it takes so long to do.

That's not even mentioning that matches are still 3v3, and there's only 1 stage.

I'm pretty much done with it until they fix it.

Durante

Is it? What was Digital Foundry saying about the double image problem? I though that was due to 60 fps running at 90hz?

Not according to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhoqJdq1Mc&feature=youtu.be&t=722

That's why I'm asking. I have a Vive, maybe 60fps affects only Oculus users?

This is what I see:

rez_infinitevyb31.png

(Left part, before I alt-tab out, which is the spike)

That's not 60 FPS.

Not according to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhoqJdq1Mc&feature=youtu.be&t=722

That's why I'm asking. I have a Vive, maybe 60fps affects only Oculus users?

just played through all areas. it's fine and amazing. I didn't experience any frame drops like in that video. was pretty smooth all throughout for me.

Though unlikely, it could be a runtime specific issue. Durante is using Vive on SteamVR and DF's footage indicated they were using a Rift, presumably on OculusVR. If anyone with both a Rift and Vive that has the Steam version they could try both and see if they notice a difference. Anyone using the Rift could try using the OculusDebugTool with the performance overlay to see if it shows as hitting 90 without ASW.

I'm using rift with steam version, shit was smooth for me area 1 - area 5.

but also, I just did a clean format of my C drive with Windows 10. So every game I throw at my PC has been sublime.

dsk1210

Is there a way to reset the seated position for vr in game? (Rez Infinite)

Using my Vive but have hurt my back and it keeps placing the play area to the left side of my sofa.

Not really wanting to drag the sofa round or sit sideways on the sofa.

Just played to the "final boss" in REZ Infinite, set controls to 2.

I set the res multiplier a little to high as well as MSAA to 4x, I experienced some really noticable slowdown in the mindkiller level. It was only at certain areas there, maybe that's on every setting, I don't know. The game froze up on me, coincidentally there was small update queued. So I still have to see AreaX, will do that tomorrow.

It's been years since I've played REZ HD and I could swear that with tracked motioncontrols they actually made the game faster for these controls... I'm not really sure about that though, could be my imagination.

It's REZ and it play better than ever before in VR... still, I played this so often back in the day that I'm not really overly excited about while playing it. Definitely not something I would put high up on the list to show off to other people (but REZ was always a little special in that regard).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously thinking I might try to peace out of work a little early.

I played in PS4 with no VR headset and it was some rad shit.

Lakuza

so is it safe for me to buy Rez on oculus store (or is the oculus version having issues with the framerate in classic game?)

so is it safe for me to buy Rez on oculus store (or is the oculus version having issues with the framerate in classic game?)

I would assume it's just as smooth as it is on steam. I only got the steam version so I could play it in non VR without having to open up the oculus app.

but I am using a rift with it and its buttery smooth for me.

so Im assuming the oculus store version will be smoother as u dont have to have steam vr open.

Lakuza

Good grief. Robo Recall is just amazing. This is a must have/try VR game.

Yeah, its the first oculus game i tried (excluding the tutorial with the robot). :D
There's also mods available for the game too on the official forums :) (One mod adds free movement for example, another one I saw on there was captain america's sheild lol)

Shifty

You'll be running the same version of the game whether you buy from the Oculus store or Steam. It pops up a Monitor / Steam VR / Oculus VR picker when you launch.

I just got done with area 3 and have had no framerate issues so far. Steam purchase + Rift.

It's worth bearing in mind that buying cross-compatible games from Steam is a better deal as things stand right now- you get both versions for the same price versus just the Oculus one.

I would assume it's just as smooth as it is on steam. I only got the steam version so I could play it in non VR without having to open up the oculus app.

but I am using a rift with it and its buttery smooth for me.

so Im assuming the oculus store version will be smoother as u dont have to have steam vr open.

You don't need to have Steam VR open if you're using the Oculus option. You can use the Steam VR version on a Rift, but I don't see why you'd want to.

You'll be running the same version of the game whether you buy from the Oculus store or Steam. It pops up a Monitor / Steam VR / Oculus VR picker when you launch.

I just got done with area 3 and have had no framerate issues so far. Steam purchase + Rift.

It's worth bearing in mind that buying cross-compatible games from Steam is a better deal as things stand right now- you get both versions for the same price versus just the Oculus one.

You don't need to have Steam VR open if you're using the Oculus option. You can use the Steam VR version on a Rift, but I don't see why you'd want to.

I havent added it to open in oculus yet. so I have to open it in steam vr. I mean i just got it

Shifty

I havent added it to open in oculus yet. so I have to open it in steam vr. I mean i just got it

I'm talking about opening it in Oculus mode from the non-VR desktop steam client, it pops up the option when you click play (and should auto-add itself to Oculus home at the same time).

It sounds like opening it from Steam VR home automatically picks for you.

Good grief. Robo Recall is just amazing. This is a must have/try VR game.

Right? There's nothing quite like flinging a bot into the air and gun juggling it like Dante.

Or grabbing one in each hand and doing zangief lariats.

Or bouncing a gun off a dude's face to reload, emptying another as it slow-mo returns through the air, and then catching it and carrying on.

The gameplay depth really is amazing. Epic have outdone themselves.

I'm talking about opening it in Oculus mode from the non-VR desktop steam client, it pops up the option when you click play (and should auto-add itself to Oculus home at the same time).

It sounds like opening it from Steam VR home automatically picks for you.

I mean, the shit runs perfect regardless.

Lakuza

Interested if anyone has purchased it from the oculus store (unless i can play steam version through oculus store without having to login to steam as weird as that sounds)
I have 2 steam accounts so I never have automatic login turned on (2 steam accounts so that my brothers can play a game if another one of us in one account, this was before the steam family option was introduced)

Never played Rez for more than a few mins on Dreamcast... Finally jumped in today.

Got to the final area 5 boss part, just about 30 seconds left to finish up the final part....and I got kicked out to the main menu.... man, that level is so long and boring. That's what I hate about these games, it takes so long to really ramp up. Man, I'm bummed. I might take a break and try and finish it later. It's a fun game, but that kinda sours me on it. I hope it doesn't happen again.

MaDKaT

What is the preferred camera type for Rez VR, Standard, dynamic or advanced? Generally play standing, type 2 controls but my vive wands died (low battery) before I could check them all out.

What I did get to play was fantastic.

It's stylish to a degree that's very exciting.

At least for me, I admit I'm a very audio/visual person.

But Rez was all about that feeling of connection between you and that audio/visual experience, Area X was gorgeous but it didn't have much of that. I couldn't hear or see what I was hitting and how it affected the music. I just completed it and still enjoyed it, but maaaan, the original gets me in a hypnotic state. Going through Rez in VR for the first time is amazing, if it had the graphical capability of area X, woo boy.

Beyond that I didn't like the music as much either, the equalization wasn't good and there was too much going on at once (including constant singing the second half). I haven't tried Children of Eden, but I can almost guarantee the music of area X is more like that game than Rez (I do think I've seen previews).

Edit: I also think the first 3 or 4 stages of Rez are by far the best. After you beat the boss that's running around, I think it starts to go downhill a bit.

The Chef

(One mod adds free movement for example, another one I saw on there was captain america's sheild lol)

Whaaaaaaat???

Im going to start checking out some coop games now that my friends have Rifts.

Im buying Raw Data now.

Then I wanted to check out:
Arizona Sunshine
Star Trek Bridge Crew

Any other suggestions?

Lakuza

I've got 4 codes for Space Conquest. Send me a pm if you want one (I'll send them to you in the morning since its super later in uk now lol)
If you miss out on these 4 codes, you can still request one from the dev on the games discord which i've linked to in a previous post:

Space Conquest developer is handing out keys to the game (steam link). You have to go on discord and request a key here:
https://discord.gg/UQX9SG

Whaaaaaaat???

Im going to start checking out some coop games now that my friends have Rifts.

Im buying Raw Data now.

Then I wanted to check out:
Arizona Sunshine
Star Trek Bridge Crew

Any other suggestions?
Robo recall mods:
Epic released their own mods (new level, character skins and weapons):
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?139155-Epic-Games-Mods-for-Robo-Recall!
For user mods:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/forumdisplay.php?87-Projects

Gunheart is awesome, was released as early access last week so its still very early. It has 15 missions available right now that allow up to 3 players in co-op.

Rec Room is pretty fun, has some co-op mini campaigns that are worth checking out

The Chef

Robo recall mods:
Epic released their own mods (new level, character skins and weapons):
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?139155-Epic-Games-Mods-for-Robo-Recall!
For user mods:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/forumdisplay.php?87-Projects

Gunheart is awesome, was released as early access last week so its still very early. It has 15 missions available right now that allow up to 3 players in co-op.

Rec Room is pretty fun, has some co-op mini campaigns that are worth checking out

Dude awesome. Thanks!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The VR titles schedule release for HTC Vive/Oculus Rift for the remaining of this month (number = date)

• TimeLock VR
  • Dream Coaster VR
  • War Robots VR: The Skirmish
  • FORM (Oculus Home)
  • Range Day VR
  • SPECIAL FORCE VR
  • Rift Coaster HD Remastered VR
  • Electro Pong VR
  • Pixel Arcade
  • Mini Hockey VR
  • VRCAT
  • CHAIN MAN -Nyctophobia
  • The Soulkeeper VR
  • Slave of War VR
  • Insanity VR: The Last Score
  • Exit VR
  • Miniature TD – VR
  • VR2Space
  • Ancient Amuletor
  • Killing Floor: Incursion (Oculus Home)
  • StickDodgeVR
  • Gravity Tunnel VR
  • Treasure Hunt VR
  • Ungrounded: Ripple Unleashed VR
  • FormulaVR
  • Aquila Bird Flight Simulator
  • Formula E: Grand Prix
  • VR Battleship YAMATO
  • Fall Fear Fly Redemption
  • Throne of the Dead
  • Rollercoaster Xperience
  • Hangry Bunnies From Mars
  • Cosmic Awakening VR
  • Spartan VR
  • TurnSignal
  • Don't Knock Twice
TBA
  • Nanoshift
  • ZomDay
  • CYBER VR
  • CanBoomVR
  • The Museum of ThroughView
  • Crystal Vibes feat. Ott
  • Remnith
  • CollabHub
  • Hop Step Sing! Kimamani Summer Vacation (HQ Edition)
  • MetaWorld – The VR MMO Simulation
  • Remnith
  • Song Samurai

Trailer for the Out of Ammo: Death Drive which is a psuedo sequel to Out of Ammo.

Steam Page

Out of Ammo Death Drive is a hybrid game experience: one part base builder, one part first person action. Collect scrap, build emplacements and possess individual units. Make use of whatever you find on the battlefield to shoot, crush and maim the undead hordes hunting you down.

Key Features

• Melee weapons and holster to store your weapons in. Collect and store weapons for later in the mission.
  • A fully featured campaign across seven levels that takes the player through cities, malls and desolate landscapes in their search for safety.
  • An expansive repertoire of realtime strategy gameplay - manage scrap collection, build and upgrade emplacements whilst managing ammo supply.
  • A seamless combination of gunplay and melee action: Possess any unit and get in the fight. Mix and and match your offense by placing whatever weapon you see fit in either hand.
  • Varied enemy types include shambling zombies, necromantic cultists and shoot-on-sight bandits, each with their own unique tactics and approach to combat.
  • Multiple ways to upgrade your emplacements: Build a grenade launcher to decimate large hordes, an automated turret to lay down suppresive fire, or even build a kennel to summon Alby, the magical healing Dog

low-G

The VR titles schedule release for HTC Vive/Oculus Rift for the remaining of this month (number = date)

• TimeLock VR
  • Dream Coaster VR
  • War Robots VR: The Skirmish
  • FORM (Oculus Home)
  • Range Day VR
  • Rift Coaster HD Remastered VR
  • Electro Pong VR
  • Pixel Arcade
  • Mini Hockey VR
  • VRCAT
  • CHAIN MAN -Nyctophobia
  • The Soulkeeper VR
  • Slave of War VR
  • Insanity VR: The Last Score
  • Exit VR
  • Miniature TD – VR
  • VR2Space
  • Ancient Amuletor
  • StickDodgeVR
  • Gravity Tunnel VR
  • Treasure Hunt VR
  • Ungrounded: Ripple Unleashed VR
  • FormulaVR
  • Aquila Bird Flight Simulator
  • Formula E: Grand Prix
  • VR Battleship YAMATO
  • Fall Fear Fly Redemption
  • Throne of the Dead
  • Rollercoaster Xperience
  • Hangry Bunnies From Mars
  • Cosmic Awakening VR
  • Spartan VR
  • TurnSignal
  • Don't Knock Twice
TBA
  • Nanoshift
  • ZomDay
  • CYBER VR
  • CanBoomVR
  • The Museum of ThroughView
  • Crystal Vibes feat. Ott
  • Remnith
  • CollabHub
  • Hop Step Sing! Kimamani Summer Vacation (HQ Edition)
  • MetaWorld – The VR MMO Simulation
  • Song Samurai

Must be Steam only, because you're missing probably the highest profile release, Killing Floor Incursion on the 16th...

ArtHands

Yah, I based my list on Steam release since Oculus doesn't seems to show upcoming games on their store. I have amended the list to add that game in.

Somethings up with my REZ Infinite version I guess, I turned down graphical settings but I still got slowdowns in Level 5 when the mechanical worms come out of the ground (music gets out of sync for a few seconds)

I was able to beat the boss this time but when trying to load up AreaX the same thing happened as yesterday, screen went black, kicked to Steam Home. I look at the desktop the game didn't crash but only displays a black screen so I had to kill the process...weird.

ArtHands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeHgSUeP0Go
A Writer And His Daughter announced/confirmed for HTC Vive. Releasing in September. It was originally a pc flatscreen game , and then the dev won second place at LiU game award last year and the prize is a HTC Vive so they made for the Vive

Its a story exploration/puzzle game from Dimfrost

Top Bottom