• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGI rates Valkyria Chronicles for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
14924153433_91ab11c5c9_o.gif

oh that is so awesome, do you have a link to the actual clip?

Hellraider

I'm not complaining but why the fuck do we get this and yet NO PSO 2 despite the fact that:

1) that game already exists on PC

2) there is already an English version

3) it is an MMO RPG perfectly fitting western PC demographic

Because Sega gonna Sega for being Sega while Sega the Sega.

I just remembered that I made the OT for this game, went to have a look and all the images are down. I found them though. I used to put a lot of work into this, clearly.

bannery2plt.jpg

header_basicinfowpqgq.jpg
header_featuresvuphp.jpg

header_reviews4lq9g.jpg
header_screenshots1ip2d.jpg

impressions_top1lpf4.jpg

impressions_main8hr75.gif

impressions_bottom7iq89.jpg

I even found the script I used to generate that "Impressions" animation.

I love that "gaf impressions" animation! I want to see more of this.

Huh, interesting. I've had this on my list of game to eventually try for years, getting to play it in full 1080p on my PC would probably be the last push I need.

Corto

Oh boy! I'll double dip and I hope PC gamers shower this game with significant sales for a true revival of the series. Vanquish next Sega!

Corto

Gonna double dip to show my support. Maybe just maybe we will get 2 and 3.

2 isa bit meh. A bit more Valkyria Chronicles the HighSchool years, smaller maps with a weird checkpoint system, and the beautiful canvas art style was lost due to the PSP hardware limitations, but what the hell bring them too!

bede-x

My god, I never thought we would see the day even though it makes perfect sense for the platform. PC gaming is so unbelievably good these days and somehow it just keeps getting better and better.

SykoTech

....what's with the release date? "Realistic looking violence" doesn't sound very accurate either.

Still, this was easily one of the best games of last gen. Hopefully this is real, sells well, and leads to a revival of the franchise and they make a current gen Valkyria Chronicles 4. Or at the very least bring VCII and VC3 to current gen platforms like Type-0 HD.

I'm not complaining but why the fuck do we get this and yet NO PSO 2 despite the fact that:

1) that game already exists on PC

2) there is already an English version

3) it is an MMO RPG perfectly fitting western PC demographic

Because one of them involves running and maintaining servers and hiring customer support staff and one does not.

s_mirage

The assumption is if this is coming, Bayonetta isn't too far behind. Sega still owns the IP and there is no reason it's not coming too.

This is Sega, it's best not to assume anything.

I'm pleasantly surprised, and perplexed, by this news though. Wouldn't this have been a harder game to port than those on the petition?

Nzyme32

I've been so slammed at work today I haven't had a chance to check GAF at all.

This is phenomenal news! I can't believe it has already been a year since we started generating interest on Twitter and starting a petition.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/416998167909900289?s=09

Really doesn't feel like it was a year or so ago when we were discussing it in the Steam thread, and me and a few others pushed you to make a thread. It's amazing how you kept it going all that time and now this. Fucking wonderful!

TaroYamada

This is Sega, it's best not to assume anything.

I'm pleasantly surprised, and perplexed, by this news though. Wouldn't this have been a harder game to port than those on the petition?

They felt more comfortable with a strategy game or so I was told. Makes sense given their pedigree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom