• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has so many unintentionally hilarious quotes in the last 10-20 pages. We got World War II, wartime atrocities, Nelson Mandela comparisons, 9/11 analogies, slavery etc. I'm sure at some point, someone is going to bring up Monsanto and GM foods to explain the behaviour of Penn State fans.

TheNatural

My Member!
The Big 12 already has fan bases who do similar antics. Texas Tech fans have been known to throw batteries at the opposing fans. WVU will be the first fan base in the Big12 known for burning couches though.

WVU is by far the worst, I believe their student section is chained off and there are officers there as a divider between them and the opposition section.

Feel free to visit and report back though. Just have full coverage on your vehicle when you're parked and bring a firearm.

iamtheb

WVU is by far the worst, I believe their student section is chained off and there are officers there as a divider between them and the opposition section.

Feel free to visit and report back though. Just have full coverage on your vehicle when you're parked and bring a firearm.

You're the Louisville fan, eh? Don't worry, you'll wind up somewhere in the next round of expansion.

tenchir

I live in State College, you all don't. There are TONS of perfectly reasonable, decent people here that are not part of the Paterno Cult who are just trying to live their lives. Sorry to disappoint you and your broad generalizations.

You could have fooled me since you guys are basically following Paterno example of you know..... keeping quiet about the whole thing. Have there been any articles about these sane people you talking about who has the guts to express negative views about him? Anyone at all? Not having any vocal minorities against Paterno on your campus really makes it seem like Penn State vs The World.

Forever

Banned
This thread has so many unintentionally hilarious quotes in the last 10-20 pages. We got World War II, wartime atrocities, Nelson Mandela comparisons, 9/11 analogies, slavery etc.
But they're perfectly apt analogies!
If you ignore everything offensive about them, but don't try mentioning that to TheNatural.

TheNatural

My Member!
"I mean sure, the crowed turned violent, stoned media, over turned vans and a few people died. Just another Tuesday night. Thats football for you! Yuck yuck!"

Sorry I guess I just understimated the pure evilness of Penn State. It sounds worse than Lebanon right now. The closest proximity I can think of is New York in Escape From New York. Maybe if he can get out alive, Kurt Russell can finish a trilogy there.

I'm glad I live several states away, I wouldn't want to be caught up in the reliable first hand intranet reports of the havoc wreaking there with every citizen in the tricoutry area. Hopefully the national guard is called in and martial law is declared. That's probably too good for them though, why not just drop a nuke and kill the whole lot of them? All 100%, no ifs, and, or buts are evil pedophile protectors and probably Nazi pedo rapist molestors anyway.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Sorry I guess I just understimated the pure evilness of Penn State. It sounds worse than Lebanon right now. The closest proximity I can think of is New York in Escape From New York. Maybe if he can get out alive, Kurt Russell can finish a trilogy there.

I'm glad I live several states away, I wouldn't want to be caught up in the reliable first hand intranet reports of the havoc wreaking there with every citizen in the tricoutry area. Hopefully the national guard is called in and martial law is declared. That's probably too good for them though, why not just drop a nuke and kill the whole lot of them? All 100%, no ifs, and, or buts are evil pedophile protectors and probably Nazi pedo rapist molestors anyway.
So you want to kill the innocent kids, too? Niiiiiiice.

TheNatural

My Member!
So you want to kill the innocent kids, too? Niiiiiiice.

They're not innocent though, they're in Penn State. They all probably act like that girl off of Poltergeist. Fuck that shit, I don't want shit coming through my TV.

I bet that boy from Robocop is there too.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
They're not innocent though, they're in Penn State. They all probably act like that girl off of Poltergeist. Fuck that shit, I don't want shit coming through my TV.

I bet that boy from Robocop is there too.
Robocop 2?

Jackpot

Banned
We will stick together and create our own legacy. Our loyalty lies only with our teammates, coaches, fans and families. No one else.

And that's exactly what lead to the coverup of kids being raped.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Let me get this straight, you are saying that every student and faculty up at Penn State main campus should be killed because they are Paterno fans? Seriously???

I hope to God you are being sarcastic and failing at it, because if you really feel that way then you are far, FAR worse than Paterno ever was and you should probably just stop posting in this thread right now.

Let me get this straight, you are saying that every student and faculty up at Penn State main campus should be killed because they are Paterno fans? Seriously???

I hope to God you are being sarcastic and failing at it, because if you really feel that way then you are far, FAR worse than Paterno ever was and you should probably just stop posting in this thread right now.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Blackhead

Redarse
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ickson-said-school-faced-4-year-death-penalty

If Penn State had not accepted the package of NCAA sanctions announced Monday, the Nittany Lions faced a historic death penalty of four years, university president Rodney Erickson told "Outside the Lines" on Wednesday afternoon.

In a separate interview, NCAA president Mark Emmert confirmed that a core group of NCAA school presidents had agreed early last week that an appropriate punishment was no Penn State football for four years.

and then they compromised?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

That is so clearly sarcasm that the failure is all yours.

Hari Seldon

You could have fooled me since you guys are basically following Paterno example of you know..... keeping quiet about the whole thing. Have there been any articles about these sane people you talking about who has the guts to express negative views about him? Anyone at all? Not having any vocal minorities against Paterno on your campus really makes it seem like Penn State vs The World.

So you are mad at people who don't care about Paterno for not caring about Paterno too much to not bother posting about this?

Have you ever been to Morgantown? That's what they call a quiet Tuesday night.

Thats going to be one of the more fun things to look at this year for myself. Big 12 teams are going to be in for a nice surprise on their trip this year, especially OU.

One of my friends went to Mississippi State and got hit with a shoe just sitting in the crowd when he went there. A nice LSU couple there trying to leave the game with the girl pregnant, got assaulted, and the father to be beaten so badly it basically put him in a coma and I'm not sure if he ever recovered. They hit a Pitt assistant in the face with a battery - in BASKETBALL - a year or two ago.

Note that these were just OUT OF CONFERENCE games as well. Can't wait to see the reports back from what happens to OU and KSU fans there this year.

I don't know if hitting a Miami coach with a trash can thrown from the upper deck, then rocking his ambulance while it's trying to get out of the stadium in 1996 will ever be topped

CyReN

New Voicemail by Sandusky. via TMZ

Voicemails allegedly left by Jerry Sandusky on the phone of one of his child sex victims have just been released -- and they're creepy as hell.

Lawyers for the alleged victim released the voicemails today -- and announced plans to sue Penn State University for failing to stop Sandusky's abuse.

The alleged victim has not been identified, but his lawyers claim he "suffered extensive sexual abuse over many years both before and after the 2001 incident Michael McQueary witnessed" in a Penn State locker room shower

The voicemails were left in September 2011, and the attorneys think Sandusky began to suspect his arrest for child abuse was inevitable.

On one of the recordings, the man identified as Sandusky says, "I am probably not going to be able to get a hold of anybody ... Probably ought to just go forward ... I would be very firm and express my feelings upfront."

The attorneys say they think Sandusky was trying to coach the alleged victim on what to say to police.

The voicemail continues, "But there is nothing really to hide so. Um. If you want, give me a call ... I love you."

Calls to PSU for comment were not immediately returned.

rCIZZLE

Just play that shit over the PA as the Penn State football team runs onto the field, eh?

Considering they shouldn't even be running out onto the field for awhile, I'm fine with it. The fans should be comfortable considering all the disgusting things they've said since this all came out.

Salaadin

Knowing what he did, when he says "Just want to see if you want to go the the Penn State game this Saturday", I cringed.
What a creep.

Businesses around the college are now posting these signs:

AywbN5eCIAApLpG.jpg

beast786

Businesses around the college are now posting these signs:

AywbN5eCIAApLpG.jpg

I can totally see where they coming from. They see themself as victims also. Victim of what Sandusky has done to the image and it's football program. Honestly, Do they have any other choice?

I mean it's easy to be from outside and say shut down everything. But if you are part of PSU what else can you do to regain respect?

It's obvious the world against us mentality. hell these are kids. history says old , adults , intellect has fallen for the patriotic crap.

I do not agree with the reaction, but honestly in realistic world this is all they know.They are not going to abandon these young kids...... No pun intended

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ickson-said-school-faced-4-year-death-penalty

If Penn State had not accepted the package of NCAA sanctions announced Monday, the Nittany Lions faced a historic death penalty of four years, university president Rodney Erickson told "Outside the Lines" on Wednesday afternoon.

In a separate interview, NCAA president Mark Emmert confirmed that a core group of NCAA school presidents had agreed early last week that an appropriate punishment was no Penn State football for four years.

Hm, I would have just given them both.

Vacating wins is literally completely and utterly meaningless.

I think vacating the wins was a way to eliminate a lot of pro-Paterno signage and official hagiography. De-deifying him. In a few years they're aren't going to be able to start touting the glory days, at least not using numbers.

Wow. Never heard Bowden called a douchebag before. It makes you sound like a douchebag. Good luck with your shitty Gator team next year.

Bowden was once a WVU coach. We used to call him a douchebag all the time.

Have you ever been to Morgantown? That's what they call a quiet Tuesday night.

The Big 12 already has fan bases who do similar antics. Texas Tech fans have been known to throw batteries at the opposing fans. WVU will be the first fan base in the Big12 known for burning couches though.

The football culture at WVU is deeply ingrained, but I don't think we worship coaches as deeply as Penn State. We are more than happy to trash former (or current) coaches as the situation warrants. And it's always the right time to burn a couch.

Fenced off, and mostly to stop alums like me jumping in to mingle with the current class. The cops are to stop the students from rushing the field. We mostly talk shit, there aren't a lot of fights.

I don't know if hitting a Miami coach with a trash can thrown from the upper deck, then rocking his ambulance while it's trying to get out of the stadium in 1996 will ever be topped

Well, yes, we did do that. I think we did the battery-throwing thing one year, too. But those incidents were after my time. We mostly got in trouble for bouncing blow-up dolls on national tv broadcasts.

I went to school at WVU when we actually played Penn State and that was the best damn rivalry. Went on a road trip to State College and sat in their student section. We got exceedingly drunk and the Mountaineers were kicking the Lions asses, we were chanting "What's the score, assholes, what's the score?" Up until about the third quarter when they turned it around and starting pummeling us. The crowd returned our chants tenfold, and pelted us with food and beer. Great times!

Not sure if true but a friend of mine goes to a branch campus and said that there is a good chance they will raise tuition to cover the fines.

Would suck if true... more so for campuses that aren't even main.

wait people are mad at what the players said now?

I didn't take it as a us against the world but rather a we aren't going to let this stop us and we are going to start a new era. Basically one monkey don't stop the show.

I don't think this was a "aw why we gotta be punished yo" but more of a "I EAT THOSE".

Cyan

Banned
Not sure if true but a friend of mine goes to a branch campus and said that there is a good chance they will raise tuition to cover the fines.

Would suck if true... more so for campuses that aren't even main.

It will not affect tuition. The President of the University has already confirmed that.

Jackpot

Banned
This "Rise and Rally" thing that's happening at Penn State right now, is it just a normal football pep rally, a protest against the sanctions, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom