• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentagon official:: There's compelling evidence that we might not be alone

Skyfox

It's internal lense flare for one of the videos and the other video (over the sea) is a kind of parallax effect - the plane with the camera is going fast and using a powerful zoom.

The object being filmed is high above the ocean. So it's not going fast at all and could just be a parachute or balloon or whatever.

Last edited:

MadAnon

It's internal lense flare for one of the videos and the other video (over the sea) is a kind of parallax effect - the plane with the camera is going fast and using a powerful zoom.

The object being filmed is high above the ocean. So it's not going fast at all and could just be a parachute or balloon or whatever.

West has done a great job for the most part. He has debunked a ton of UFOs. But he approaches his research with an opinion that "Aliens don't exist". It leads to biases just like when you are a hardcore believer and think every light is an alien spaceship and can't even recognise the most mundane things.

You have to also take into account the witness testimonies from the pilots and radar operators instead of just do IR video analysis and conclude those are identified objects and all the pilots are making things up, and are unable to identify things. These are not some people with mental illneses who attend Alien cons dressed like one and claim they are getting abducted and visited by aliens.

Last edited:

Airola

These are not some people with metal illneses who attend Alien cons dressed like one and claim they are getting abducted and visited by aliens.

A person doesn't have to be insanely crazy though to want to lie to people or tell exaggerated stories though. Motive could be money or fame or lying for the good cause ("I believe that aliens exist so I will tell this lie to help people believe the truth"), to look more interesting in front of your peers or a woman, etc. Or it could be false memories too. A person can see something and day by day grow into believing it was more interesting and amazing than what it really was, and fully believe the slowly updating memory. Or some could just bullshit for the sake of bullshitting too.

Just because a person looks sane doesn't mean the person is sane or that the person doesn't have any will or motive to tell lies or exaggerated stories. Even within groups people can collectively tell a lie or an exaggerated story in various different ways. Some groups have deliberately decided to lie, some groups have people upping each other with their testimonies/beliefs so the end result will be an exaggerated story they all believe in. Sometimes groups have people who didn't actually witness anything but are going with the flow and tell they did witness something to support or to hang along with the rest of the group.

Last edited:

MadAnon

A person doesn't have to be insanely crazy though to want to lie to people or tell exaggerated stories though. Motive could be money or fame or lying for the good cause ("I believe that aliens exist so I will tell this lie to help people believe the truth"), to look more interesting in front of your peers or a woman, etc. Or it could be false memories too. A person can see something and day by day grow into believing it was more interesting and amazing than what it really was, and fully believe the slowly updating memory. Or some could just bullshit for the sake of bullshitting too.

Just because a person looks sane doesn't mean the person is sane or that the person doesn't have any will or motive to tell lies or exaggerated stories. Even within groups people can collectively tell a lie or an exaggerated story in various different ways. Some groups have deliberately decided to lie, some groups have people upping each other with their testimonies/beliefs so the end result will be an exaggerated story they all believe in. Sometimes groups have people who didn't actually witness anything but are going with the flow and tell they did witness something to support or to hang along with the rest of the group.
You are not wrong if those were just stories. I'm talking about combined information - video data, witness testimony. The official statement from navy is that these objects remain unidentified. So there was some kind of investigation. You really think there was some unidentifiable commercial plane flying in the area of controlled military excersises? Or they couldn't tell from radar data they are just filming the exhaust plumes of another plane? Don't make me laugh.

One scary thought is these smaller objects we've been seeing for decades are not scientistic drones from another world, but reconnaissance drones that are probing the planet for minerals useful to them. That could be why they're constantly seen in nutrient-dense areas, stalking military units, and circling nuke locations.

Maybe they're monitoring us until their main fleet arrives, documenting our military advancements. It could literally take their main fleet decades or longer to arrive at near light speed because the distance is so great. Maybe these drones we see that appear like plasma orbs are faster, light speed so they've been here longer.

I know it sounds like a movie, but the idea that we're being set up for conquer is not impossible. The theory that Steven Hawkin suggested by the poster above isn't impossible. It's a very "human" scenario way of thinking obviously, but not out of the realm of possibility considering the increased likelihood that these objects aren't from Earth.

I honestly think the only tactic needed against us it to park a massive vessel in the skyline out of reach of nukes, and leave it there for months/weeks. We'd literally tear each other apart in fear.

The problem with that is the universe is full of rocky mineral planets. They can go to any of them and harvest whatever they want. There is no reason to go to Earth specifically.

If they were alien tech, drones would be the most likely scenario but I still find that unlikely.

Skyfox

You are not wrong if those were just stories. I'm talking about combined information - video data, witness testimony. The official statement from navy is that these objects remain unidentified. So there was some kind of investigation. You really think there was some unidentifiable commercial plane flying in the area of controlled military excersises? Or they couldn't tell from radar data they are just filming the exhaust plumes of another plane? Don't make me laugh.
I've watched the pilot testimonials as well. The problem is they depended on the same technology we see in the video.

It's an internal lens flare - you can see the rotation of the lens matching the movement of the UFO in the debunker video.

The other video is just a misunderstanding of the distance of the object. Its not moving really fast.

Lens flare is not corroborated by radar tracking and multiple visuals.

It's not moving fast because that is not from when the object went to the rendezvous point. It's like filming a parked car and then having someone use the footage to claim it can't move.

Parachutes and balloons can't travel 40 miles in a minute.

Last edited:

Skyfox

Lens flare is not corroborated by radar tracking and multiple visuals.
It's not moving fast because that is not from when the object went to the rendezvous point. It's like filming a parked car and then having someone use the footage to claim it can't move.

Parachutes and balloons can't travel 40 miles in a minute.
Is there a particular part of the videos you could point me to with the rendezvous point? Time code or link so I can watch the section you're talking about. I doubt the debunker would exclude some part but I'm willing to look again.

Is there a particular part of the videos you could point me to with the rendezvous point? Time code or link so I can watch the section you're talking about. I doubt the debunker would exclude some part but I'm willing to look again.

Radar recorded the movement and the pilots saw it leave. That is more than sufficient evidence unless you think a bunch of people conspired to make it up. Which, like any conspiracy theory, requires evidence.

Romulus

The problem with that is the universe is full of rocky mineral planets. They can go to any of them and harvest whatever they want. There is no reason to go to Earth specifically.

If they were alien tech, drones would be the most likely scenario but I still find that unlikely.

They might want Earth for more biological purposes first and foremost, yet also use its minerals while their here, because theres plenty. For all we know, they could use this planet for genetic experiments, or already are.

Last edited:

MadAnon

I've watched the pilot testimonials as well. The problem is they depended on the same technology we see in the video.

It's an internal lens flare - you can see the rotation of the lens matching the movement of the UFO in the debunker video.

The other video is just a misunderstanding of the distance of the object. Its not moving really fast.
They didn't. You clearly haven't listened any interview. Go listen interview with David Fravor as one example. The entire tic-tac encounter is something he witnessed with his own eyes and not through some video feed. Or the ones from the show Unidentified with the radar operator who actually was the one who sent Fravor to investigate one of those many objects he saw on radar. There's also an interview with the pilot who witnessed the sightings when that Gimbal video was taken. If you are actually interested then you can watch the show on dailymotion for free. Lots of dumb filler content though.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
One scary thought is these smaller objects we've been seeing for decades are not scientistic drones from another world, but reconnaissance drones that are probing the planet for minerals useful to them. That could be why they're constantly seen in nutrient-dense areas, stalking military units, and circling nuke locations.

Maybe they're monitoring us until their main fleet arrives, documenting our military advancements. It could literally take their main fleet decades or longer to arrive at near light speed because the distance is so great. Maybe these drones we see that appear like plasma orbs are faster, light speed so they've been here longer.

I know it sounds like a movie, but the idea that we're being set up for conquer is not impossible. The theory that Steven Hawkin suggested by the poster above isn't impossible. It's a very "human" scenario way of thinking obviously, but not out of the realm of possibility considering the increased likelihood that these objects aren't from Earth.

I honestly think the only tactic needed against us it to park a massive vessel in the skyline out of reach of nukes, and leave it there for months/weeks. We'd literally tear each other apart in fear.

There are mineral riches beyond anything found on earth out there in the vastness of the milkyway galaxy.

If they are drones, their David Attenborough equivalent probably narrates documentaries on primitive civilisations instead of their planets wildlife.

Anyway. If we haven't destroyed ourselves in the next couple of thousand years, I do think that we will create the tech needed to travel to the stars. I don't find it all impossible that a civilisation older than ours is more advanced and has been coming here for years.

Last edited:
They might want Earth for more biological purposes first and foremost, yet also use its minerals while their here, because theres plenty. For all we know, they could use this planet for genetic experiments, or already are.

I don't really buy that either. If a civilization has FTL in any form (warp, some kind of hyperspace, wormholes, etc.) that suggests that they should be able to make whatever they want. If you can warp space or break and connect space between specific points a replicator is dead simple. They can draw matter from whatever source the universe came from originally.

As for genetic experiments, why would they waste time with the real world instead of just running simulations? Their computing capability would be way beyond ours, probably steps beyond quantum computing.

StormCell

The problem is the actual video they declassified of the Tic-Tac object isn't from Fravor's plane or the one that accompanied him but of a follow up flight. So the corroborating details that we're talking about between Fravor's plane and the Navy cruiser, we don't yet have any of that video for whatever reason. What Fravor describes is too much to be chalked up to lens flare or whatever... I wonder if that video from Fravor actually exists.

Skyfox

The problem is the actual video they declassified of the Tic-Tac object isn't from Fravor's plane or the one that accompanied him but of a follow up flight. So the corroborating details that we're talking about between Fravor's plane and the Navy cruiser, we don't yet have any of that video for whatever reason. What Fravor describes is too much to be chalked up to lens flare or whatever... I wonder if that video from Fravor actually exists.

9IGxQ5i.jpg

Romulus

I don't really buy that either. If a civilization has FTL in any form (warp, some kind of hyperspace, wormholes, etc.) that suggests that they should be able to make whatever they want. If you can warp space or break and connect space between specific points a replicator is dead simple. They can draw matter from whatever source the universe came from originally.

As for genetic experiments, why would they waste time with the real world instead of just running simulations? Their computing capability would be way beyond ours, probably steps beyond quantum computing.

I don't buy any of that myself, creating world simulations? There's no rule that any form of hyperspace travel=they can make whatever they want. And why even come here in the first place of they can do all those things? Something is obviously here

StormCell

I don't buy any of that myself, creating world simulations? There's no rule that any form of hyperspace travel=they can make whatever they want. And why even come here in the first place of they can do all those things? Something is obviously here

There's simply too much opportunity to pass up in coming across a primitive civilization. If all we did was discover slugs on one of Saturn's moons, we'd be launching all manner of machine to study them and watch them. If we came across a non-space fairing civilization, we would want to know everything there is to know about them, because we're so far the only example of an intelligent civilization, and we've no way of even knowing what other possibilities there are.

I would think there's significant value to an alien race to study every aspect of Earth. After all, how many planets brimming with life have they encountered? How does it compare with their home world?

Romulus

There's simply too much opportunity to pass up in coming across a primitive civilization. If all we did was discover slugs on one of Saturn's moons, we'd be launching all manner of machine to study them and watch them. If we came across a non-space fairing civilization, we would want to know everything there is to know about them, because we're so far the only example of an intelligent civilization, and we've no way of even knowing what other possibilities there are.

I would think there's significant value to an alien race to study every aspect of Earth. After all, how many planets brimming with life have they encountered? How does it compare with their home world?

It's just so difficult to try and get inside the brain of a species that is theoretically traveling lightyears to Earth. I would imagine it like an intelligent Chimp trying to make sense of the internet, that's basically what we're doing in this thread, even our scientists. Okay, smart Chimps in that case. lol

Last edited:

If they can bend/break space they should have the capability to rearrange atoms or atomic particles into whatever they need. Its roughly the same technical level - manipulation of reality. Hell, they might even be able to use whatever material our universe was birthed from to create matter.

Romulus

If they can bend/break space they should have the capability to rearrange atoms or atomic particles into whatever they need. Its roughly the same technical level - manipulation of reality. Hell, they might even be able to use whatever material our universe was birthed from to create matter.

I just think when comparing matter manipulation and unknown speeds as roughly the same and saying things like "they should be able" I just don't think we can discuss it further. First, we don't know their capabilities in terms of exact speed. Is it actual light speed or near light speed? That's not the same, but this alone could mean their leagues more advanced to achieve at or above light speed. But we don't know. Then we don't know how it's achieved, in either case. We just recently detected gravitational waves lol, so we could easily be missing more fundamentals that would allow us to better understand what they might be doing.

Although it is a logical conclusion to believe that any intelligent alien race would be so far advanced from us that it would consider us uninteresting or insects, what of a civilization that came upon its technology through the remains of another or through sudden means. What would we do if an object crashed tomorrow with discernible technology that we figured out and were able to suddenly traverse other star systems within hours...what would we do? Would we suddenly find all other civilizations uninteresting?

Romulus

Although it is a logical conclusion to believe that any intelligent alien race would be so far advanced from us that it would consider us uninteresting or insects, what of a civilization that came upon its technology through the remains of another or through sudden means. What would we do if an object crashed tomorrow with discernible technology that we figured out and were able to suddenly traverse other star systems within hours...what would we do? Would we suddenly find all other civilizations uninteresting?

There's a sci-fi book that touches on that called Echo effect. A spacecraft is blown up fighting with another space race and Earth governments were fighting over the wreckage.

Top Bottom