• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pentiment on PS5 doesn’t feature XGS splash screen (see post #49)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy-NL

anKvy6E_460s.jpg

Anything about a physical PS5 edition though?
Yeah, LRG is making one.

image.png

Skifi28

Gold Member
Have we ran out of things to talk about?

Sooo I've been getting into Elden ring again which I had only played for 15 hours or so for whatever reason and it's brilliant. I think I'll be finishing it this time.

nemiroff

Gold Member
There have been Xbox first party games for years on Xbox and PC which say 'Microsoft Studios' on the game's splash screen.
Exactly. Which isn't to say confirmation bias can't be entertaining. It's just that we reached the point a long time ago where nothing means everything, and the beaten horse is but dry bone dust.

Dazraell

Another pointless drama. What's more important that more players has a chance to play this gem. Pentiment is amazing and worth checking out

Markio128

Gold Member
Have we ran out of things to talk about?

Sooo I've been getting into Elden ring again which I had only played for 15 hours or so for whatever reason and it's brilliant. I think I'll be finishing it this time.
Same - started again this year after a few attempts, and now I’ve managed to get close to the end - I made sure I was laser focussed on a specific build this time.

This is a real nothing burger.

And shows some are waaay to invested in this .
Or it was just an interesting sidenote, something that perfectly fits a twitter character limit "news", something no one really cared for, but the people pretenting and assuming that other people actually cared for it.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Or it was just an interesting sidenote, something that perfectly fits a twitter character limit "news", something no one really cared for, but the people pretenting and assuming that other people actually cared for it.
I guess, but I had to check to make sure and Psychonauts 2 shows XGS splash screen on PS5. Its a PS4 game but still.

Its really not that serious. Sometimes Tom is ok, other times he's eh...

nemiroff

Gold Member
I know, right? It's almost as if this is a forum for discussing all aspects of the video game industry.
Well, when no basic research, context or fact finding beyond a low-iq level of confirmation bias, it shouldn't be.

And now it turns out that this story was in fact indeed a nothing-burger dug out from a garbage bin.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
its almost like the sony ponies are having a harder time dealing with these multi platform games than the green rats are, very bizarre.
Like other mentioned...if seeing Xbox Games Studios later is considered panic over....its not hard to guess who are freaking out over this.

Has anyone even checked to see if a splash screen for Pentiment, SoT or Hi Fi Rush is on XBox? MS just might be inconsistent with how they do splash screens....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is this referring to Psychonauts 2?

No, Pentiment. They removed the splash screen but didn't change the pre-rendered intro video.

I'd imagine the Sea of Thieves splash screen will be changed too.

I don't think this is a MS thing given Sony's history with cross platform. While they allow the MS account in Minecraft now due to the negative press about it they got before (the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" excuse) they blocked crossplay with Minecraft due to the requirement of using an Xbox account in the game.

Topher

Gold Member
Is this referring to Psychonauts 2?

Its just wild this is something some are freaking out over.

No, Pentiment. They removed the splash screen but didn't change the pre-rendered intro video.

I'd imagine the Sea of Thieves splash screen will be changed too.

I don't think this is a MS thing given Sony's history with cross platform. While they allow the MS account in Minecraft now due to the negative press about it they got before (the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" excuse) they blocked crossplay with Minecraft due to the requirement of using an Xbox account in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom