• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are openly cheating in the PS+ Sackboy tournament

ManaByte

Gold Member
Sony is holding a PlayStation Tournament this weekend to complete Sackboy time trial. The grand prize is PS+ vouchers. Well it looks like cheaters will win that as the top 10 are all people cheating to complete it in 10 seconds, and bragging about using the glitches (the #1 account is CaptGlitchy).

The comments are just people complaining about how they’re cheating in the tournament.

Puscifer

Sony is holding a PlayStation Tournament this weekend to complete Sackboy time trial. The grand prize is PS+ vouchers. Well it looks like cheaters will win that as the top 10 are all people cheating to complete it in 10 seconds, and bragging about using the glitches (the #1 account is CaptGlitchy).

The comments are just people complaining about how they’re cheating in the tournament.

Speed runs are about breaking the game in any way possible, are they using gadgets or glitches? Because if it's just glitches than Sony should've patched it

ReBurn

Gold Member
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Quantum253

Cheaters are the worse. However, that would mean exploiting the game outside of the developer code by using a tool or hacking. If someone is smart enough to manipulate the game within its self, thats perfectly fine. If not, they should sack them boys

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To me, as long as the game allows it and it's not a guy using aimbots or something hoping not to get caught, it's fair to me. It's like a speedrun you see where someone is constantly jumping instead of running because some reason jumping is faster and covers more ground. Hey, jump away.

Never the less, never mind the viewpoint whether glitching is cheating or not.

That video looked like the shittest boring gameplay ever.

Sentenza

I'd be incline to echo the "Who cares" sentiment, but that aside... If you aren't using any "hack" or external software, then it's not "cheating". Leveraging in-game glitches is a common part of most speedruns.
Admittedly one I'm not particularly fond of, but that's both subjective and irrelevant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom