• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

PBY

Banned
Pretty much. Prob why the Spartan Show is still live even with the viewership dropping fast.

They have barely over 250 ppl watching, at what point does it just fall off the map?

My guess is sooner rather than later. Altho they're teasing some guest right now.

iboUMFWvBnsaYI.gif

i2V5XTGS6RZNJ.gif

awww

zidigan

I think it's kind of bullshit that they let spartanm continue streaming while banning 99% of the other streams that pop up, even some decent ones that are only talking about gaming. Really sad that he can keep his joke of a show while decent shows get banned.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think it's kind of bullshit that they let spartanm continue streaming while banning 99% of the other streams that pop up, even some decent ones that are only talking about gaming. Really sad that he can keep his joke of a show while decent shows get banned.

No need to hate on Spartan just because he got lucky. Aim it at Twitch where it belongs.

PBY

Banned
No need to hate on Spartan just because he got lucky. Aim it at Twitch where it belongs.

The show is awful though. They put gameplay on for minutes on end without any commentary, most of what he says is wrong, he replies to questions with "ill google that" 99% of the time- but most of all, hes just an awful, uninteresting host.

Delio

It think it helps that he was first and got so much spotlight. So yeah he will have more special treatment than anyone else. Sad but eh how it is.

netguy503

And when your banned you can't use the website AT ALL! They really want to lose viewers to their competition huh? What kind of message are they sending by keeping Spartan?

Rafterman

Banned
The show is awful though. They put gameplay on for minutes on end without any commentary, most of what he says is wrong, he replies to questions with "ill google that" 99% of the time- but most of all, hes just an awful, uninteresting host.

And yet you keep watching.

PBY

Banned
And yet you keep watching.

Just today, because I think the shows in free fall, just for the awkwardness of it all. And because I have boring hw to do, so its perfect background watching.

But viewers like me aside, he has less people watching than yesterday. The show just isn't sustainable.

edit: okay, this is amazingly quality cringe stuff. entertaining.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Just today, because I think the shows in free fall, just for the awkwardness of it all. And because I have boring hw to do, so its perfect background watching.

But viewers like me aside, he has less people watching than yesterday. The show just isn't sustainable.
It's normal stuff for Twitch. At one point, a guy had 13,000 people watching him sleep during a failed Resident Evil marathon. He got partnered out of it, but soon fell into obscurity. Lots of folks find 15 minutes of Twitch fame. Only the truly interesting ones maintain an audience. Sig, Aqua, Cosmo, Floe, ManvsGaming. The cream rises to the top.

The big special guests is someone advertising their wheel stand? I mean i wasn't expecting much but it's still a little disappointing.

Edit: Wait he just makes them in his garage with wood? Why wouldn't I just build one myself then instead of buying one off him?

PBY

Banned
Fuck this.

He teased this guest for an hour, and its a fucking guy shilling his driver wheel STAND. ITS A STAND.

Im done.

While this guest is lame, and I could never comprehend why smeone would buy this stand off this guy instead of building their own, it's actually making me want to play some GT with my wheel right now. I haven't used it in ages.

mazoPanda

Neo Member
I think it was cool to see someone turn nothing into something even though it turned back into nothing in the end. IIRC it was just some dude showing people that he modded his DS4 sticks.

SOLDIER

Playroom stuff aside, what's the secret to getting people to tune in to your stream?

I have trouble maintaining more than 2 people tuning in whenever I play a game. Yet through Playroom I had over 100 views even though all I did was discuss games and anime for an hour.

mattp

The big special guests is someone advertising their wheel stand? I mean i wasn't expecting much but it's still a little disappointing.

Edit: Wait he just makes them in his garage with wood? Why wouldn't I just build one myself then instead of buying one off him?
couldn't you say that for just about anything?
of course you can build your own. and if you want to, then do it. I guess you never bought a table before either

kendrid

Banned
Playroom stuff aside, what's the secret to getting people to tune in to your stream?

I have trouble maintaining more than 2 people tuning in whenever I play a game. Yet through Playroom I had over 100 views even though all I did was discuss games and anime for an hour.

People need to care about the game you are playing and even then they probably aren't going to stick around long. About a week ago we watched Rivals streams and NBA2K streams for about 15 minutes. I saw enough to know if I wanted to buy the games and I've never looked at the streams again. Why would I? I want to play games on my PS4, not watch other people play games. If you talk about games/anime/etc and are somewhat interesting people will probably watch.

Are you speedrunning or just playing casually? What sort of games are you playing etc? Playroom got you so many viewers cos it was currently the 'hot' thing at the time. Same thing happened to anyone who played Sim City when it was first released or any other high profile game.

foladar

For me (before ps4 streaming) it was just keeping a schedule, keeping at it, and trying to stream the same game(s) so your audience would keep coming back.

SOLDIER

A set schedule sounds reasonable, but I don't really have one, nor do I feel I can commit to one either as the next few months of my life are going to be rather unpredictable.

Furthermore, Twitch just banned me for using Playroom (and just as people were getting on too). Is this a temporary ban or will I have to email the support center to get it lifted?

Grinchy

Banned
When I click on Playroom now, it shows no streams even though it'll say a certain # of people are playing Playroom.

edit- nvm I see the thread about it now

Top Bottom