• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

SegaManAU

Gold Member
iboUMFWvBnsaYI.gif

i2V5XTGS6RZNJ.gif

LOL, I'm laughing so hard right now.

#dead

netguy503

So I'm back on my PS4 and I see a stream entitled "posing4urmother" and "drunkguys Q&A" where a guy exposed his nipples and twerked yet I'm the one banned? Stay classy twitch.

netguy503

A set schedule sounds reasonable, but I don't really have one, nor do I feel I can commit to one either as the next few months of my life are going to be rather unpredictable.

Furthermore, Twitch just banned me for using Playroom (and just as people were getting on too). Is this a temporary ban or will I have to email the support center to get it lifted?

I had to email them. They haven't responded back yet and that was hours ago so don't expect much. It seems like a perm ban. And it sucks that it locks you out of all the other features of twitch as well. I feel for you. This needs to be addressed. Many GAFFERS here can attest that my stream was the safest, lamest, most vanilla stream around and I still got the axe.

SOLDIER

I had to email them. They haven't responded back yet and that was hours ago so don't expect much. It seems like a perm ban. And it sucks that it locks you out of all the other features of twitch as well. I feel for you. This needs to be addressed. Many GAFFERS here can attest that my stream was the safest, lamest, most vanilla stream around and I still got the axe.

I highly doubt they're going to keep all the people using Playroom permanently banned. They're probably getting all sorts of complaints as it is.

sharath_kumar

Neo Member
Playroom is a killer app. Watching this is so addictive. Can't stop. Finally got to see some boob show on ustream now.

Also, I think the PS4 system is doing some sort of geometry estimation of things that it sees. Like the planes of furnitures, its edges and the angles. From one stream I saw, the bot moved to the edge of a table and stood there, seemingly balancing. The shadow of the bots also seem to be in correct direction. Does the shadow of the bots change direction anytime or it is always in one direction?

Playroom is a killer app. Watching this is so addictive. Can't stop. Finally got to see some boob show on ustream now.

Also, I think the PS4 system is doing some sort of geometry estimation of things that it sees. Like the planes of furnitures, its edges and the angles. From one stream I saw, the bot moved to the edge of a table and stood there, seemingly balancing. The shadow of the bots also seem to be in correct direction. Does the shadow of the bots change direction anytime or it is always in one direction?

Doesn't Vita's AR do something similar? I've never used it, but I thought it did a light version of that.

netguy503

I highly doubt they're going to keep all the people using Playroom permanently banned. They're probably getting all sorts of complaints as it is.

Well send them an email like me. The more emails they get the more likely they will listen and revoke the bans (especially for the tame streams like you and me). But if you do nothing change will never happen. So I urge you to email support about your issue. Thanks.

onQ123

Funny I just made a thread about the PlayRoom on Beyond3D asking if the game was using Ray tracing because you can see the reflections of the lights from people's ceilings & the reflections of the little toys that the robots play with & everything make a perfect shadow .

kinda mind blowing if you pay attention to what's going on.

No offense to the Spartan show guys, they have a nice idea... their execution is just a bit poor. If I had a show like this, I would be playing the game, also showing the game while I'm talking to the audience and if I wasn't engaging the audience, I'd be fully speaking about the game, the details, the way the controls feels, etc. Shit... I have a twitch account. Why don't I try this myself....O_O

netguy503

No offense to the Spartan show guys, they have a nice idea... their execution is just a bit poor. If I had a show like this, I would be playing the game, also showing the game while I'm talking to the audience and if I wasn't engaging the audience, I'd be fully speaking about the game, the details, the way the controls feels, etc. Shit... I have a twitch account. Why don't I try this myself....O_O

Because you'll get banned very easily?

Drencrom

Then do it

netguy503

Spartanshow isn't banned because they are actually showcasing games and not just twiddling their thumbs and talking about anything and everything.

No, I hear they are not banned because I hear they are partnered. They were talking about their relationship/agreement with Twitch last night. Do you have that? If you don't I'd pretty much not try at this point if I were you. And showcasing games....what, by randomly and not all the time pointing there camera (instead of using the PS4 feature that doesn't get you banned) at a computer screen so the graphics look horrible and offering very limited gameplay (and bad ones at that). Also they don't twiddle their thumbs? Really, have you watched the show? The guy is taking calls and taking a ton of time looking things up on google. The caller would literally save himself the effort and time to call and just look up the stuff himself. It's the same effect. Do you even watch the show? Seriously I like you as a person and follow you on youtube but this post is maddening to me.

Theeze

Neo Member
Spartanshow isn't banned because they are actually showcasing games and not just twiddling their thumbs and talking about anything and everything.

No they're not showcasing anything. They're breaking ToS after ToS and still get chances. The guy showcases games by streaming someone's stream. The other half of the time he googles information about games since he doesn't know anything except COD.

If any of us did the exact same thing the spartan show is doing, we'd be banned in no time. He went from 5k to 500 and last night barely standing at 300 views. When someone asks him a legitimate question, he hangs up on them and acts like they got cut off. I liked the guy but he's proving to be quite the asshole. The fame got to him, he thinks he's a big shot because Adam Boyes contacted him...start respecting your audience and they'll respect you back.

SOLDIER

Well send them an email like me. The more emails they get the more likely they will listen and revoke the bans (especially for the tame streams like you and me). But if you do nothing change will never happen. So I urge you to email support about your issue. Thanks.

Do they have a live chat option? I imagine my email is one out of a hundred (maybe thousand) or so that they're shuffling through.

Has anyone managed to get un-banned?

Spartan made partner? I know i wish the guy success before but that's laughable. Next there's going to be people paying $4.99 to watch him google. lol

PBY

Banned
No they're not showcasing anything. They're breaking ToS after ToS and still get chances. The guy showcases games by streaming someone's stream. The other half of the time he googles information about games since he doesn't know anything except COD.

If any of us did the exact same thing the spartan show is doing, we'd be banned in no time. He went from 5k to 500 and last night barely standing at 300 views. When someone asks him a legitimate question, he hangs up on them and acts like they got cut off. I liked the guy but he's proving to be quite the asshole. The fame got to him, he thinks he's a big shot because Adam Boyes contacted him...start respecting your audience and they'll respect you back.
The fame didn't get to him, he just was never very good to start with.

netguy503

Spartan haters are just jealous of his success.

No, we are hating that two (I'm sure more) GAFfers got banned for doing the same stuff he continues to do (and he's still allowed to do it) because Twitch modding needs some work to be fair to everyone.

Well if that's truly the case, I would honestly reather try and do the show even more now. Showcasing my gameplay along with my knowledge, I play almost every knew release bare a few titles here and there. I just don't know how I would do the calling in part. I can't get google voice in my location. I could make a skype account and have people call me via that.

No, I hear they are not banned because I hear they are partnered. They were talking about their relationship/agreement with Twitch last night. Do you have that? If you don't I'd pretty much not try at this point if I were you. And showcasing games....what, by randomly and not all the time pointing there camera (instead of using the PS4 feature that doesn't get you banned) at a computer screen so the graphics look horrible and offering very limited gameplay (and bad ones at that). Also they don't twiddle their thumbs? Really, have you watched the show? The guy is taking calls and taking a ton of time looking things up on google. The caller would literally save himself the effort and time to call and just look up the stuff himself. It's the same effect. Do you even watch the show? Seriously I like you as a person and follow you on youtube but this post is maddening to me.

I think you took that the wrong way. The fact that he is having to google things constantly is a bit odd. Yes I watched the show, yes he takes calls. When he was playing the game AC IV it was alot of dead silence for the most part besides a few moments here and there. Perhaps the other broadcasts he did were different. As for if I was doing it. I would use Xsplit to get mutiple feeds to pull up if it was possible (though the more I think about it the more I think that wouldn't work. Not sure how that post was maddening. I appologize in advance. My point is, if someone such as himself can gain a huge viewship just starting up with the PS4 camera, versus someone like me who works on content for years and puts alot of time into recording, editing, and uploading, whats the harm inchecking out this avenue?

netguy503

I think you took that the wrong way. The fact that he is having to google things constantly is a bit odd. Yes I watched the show, yes he takes calls. When he was playing the game AC IV it was alot of dead silence for the most part besides a few moments here and there. Perhaps the other broadcasts he did were different. As for if I was doing it. I would use Xsplit to get mutiple feeds to pull up if it was possible (though the more I think about it the more I think that wouldn't work. Not sure how that post was maddening. I appologize in advance. My point is, if someone such as himself can gain a huge viewship just starting up with the PS4 camera, versus someone like me who works on content for years and puts alot of time into recording, editing, and uploading, whats the harm inchecking out this avenue?

Then I agree. and I hope you prosper as someone who wants to take this seriously and your years of work pays off. However I would say just nix the "show" idea and do direct gameplay from the share streaming button on the PS4 taking calls while you play. If you try to do a "show" right now, IF you can, and this is for all the "I still want to do a show/gaming podcast" people on here, people will hate on you because you get to do it and they can't and your further siding with twicth over the common gamer over their unique (sp) and vague rule system right now on how to handle these streams. If starting a show for you guys will just get alot of people hating on you and trolling you at this time, whats the point and what are you trying to accomplish? I think the shows should die until we hear more from twitch. It's a big grey area right now.

Then I agree. and I hope you prosper as someone who wants to take this seriously and your years of work pays off. However I would say just nix the "show" idea and do direct gameplay from the share streaming button on the PS4 taking calls while you play. If you try to do a "show" right now, IF you can, and this is for all the "I still want to do a show/gaming podcast" people on here, people will hate on you because you get to do it and they can't and your further siding with twicth over the common gamer over their unique (sp) and vague rule system right now on how to handle these streams. If starting a show for you guys will just get alot of people hating on you and trolling you at this time, whats the point and what are you trying to accomplish? I think the shows should die until we hear more from twitch. It's a big grey area right now.

That all makes total sense as well. I def don't want my channel being shut down.

The Cowboy

This playroom is some social magic. I was in the town today in my Game store and they had an Xbox One on 1 side of the store (no idea what game) and a PS4 on the other with the Playroom running on it.

My god, there must have been about 10/15 people around it messing with those poor robots - I swear Sony could have sold this for money.

netguy503

Hey slasher,

I just saw your PM and responded to it. LOL :)

In response to SOLIDER, I don't know if our bans are perm or not. Twitch still hasn't emailed me back. Have you emailed them? I really wish they would address the issue soon. :(

netguy503

Have you tweeted at their support handle?

I don't have a twitter but Slasher is tweeting right now for all of NeoGAF. My boy deserves a white knight merit badge today. :)

And yes I emailed them. That was yesterday. No response since. Since then I have seen some stream about eating KFC and flashing joints/fake joints, only to be banned and come back eating BK (I haven't made another account to try to trick them and don't plan to) and a house party last night showing ALOT of visible beer cans (which IS against there TOS).

I don't have a twitter but Slasher is tweeting right now for all of NeoGAF. My boy deserves a white knight merit badge today. :)

And yes I emailed them. That was yesterday. No response since. Since then I have seen some stream about eating KFC and flashing joints/fake joints, only to be banned and come back eating BK (I haven't made another account to try to trick them and don't plan to) and a house party last night showing ALOT of visible beer cans (which IS against there TOS).

I sadly didn't get anywhere with them, but just submit your info in that link I gave you. I just really hope it can get resolved. They say follow the ToS but its a PS4 product, and in your example you were going back and forth between Knack and Playroom. I don't see the problem. They need to be more clear on the situation.

XTERC

Not sure what thread to post this in, but as this deals with the camera in some shape. Does anyone know of an extension cable for the ps4's aux/camera port. Due to the placement of my TV & AV receiver I can't place the camera underneath the TV. This wasn't an issue with the PS3 as USB extension cables are readily available.

I could potentially make one myself, but there is commonly a maximum length for devices like this and I doubt there is enough information out there to know what the maximum length may be.

Do they have a live chat option? I imagine my email is one out of a hundred (maybe thousand) or so that they're shuffling through.

Has anyone managed to get un-banned?

No, we are hating that two (I'm sure more) GAFfers got banned for doing the same stuff he continues to do (and he's still allowed to do it) because Twitch modding needs some work to be fair to everyone.

I was banned for like an hour when I had my talk show "The Talkroom" up and then was unbanned after submitting a dispute / tweeting at them. Shortly thereafter they released a statement on Twitter saying as long as you had gaming content / discussion inside of The Playroom, you could do it, which our entire show is about video game discussion and we had Pete Dodd aka Famousmortimier call in, as well as someone from XGen Studios (makers of Super Motherload).

We will be doing another episode probably Friday or Saturday, going to Ustream it seems, though we might do Twitch with a webcam and what not as well. Really depends.

vilmer_

I sadly didn't get anywhere with them, but just submit your info in that link I gave you. I just really hope it can get resolved. They say follow the ToS but its a PS4 product, and in your example you were going back and forth between Knack and Playroom. I don't see the problem. They need to be more clear on the situation.

iCer6dgW9T5Fo.jpg

Some people are getting a second chance. These guys got banned when they weren't even streaming lol.

Top Bottom