• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People that have done FreeVideoGames.com - Quick Question

Nester

Any shady deals to watch out for? I'm definitely not going to be signing up for the credit card deals. There's quite a few 30 day free trial offers that you get your points in 1-5 days for, with plenty of time to cancel the service so that I don't pay anything.

I'm only in it to get an NES SP, so I won't use it much further then the 4750 points needed to get that.

RiZ III

everything seemed to work out for me. Cancelling aol and one of those shopper cards was annoying tho cause the stupid customer service guys kept trying to make me stay with the service. Make sure u make a list of all the places uve subscribed to and cross them out as you cancel them. Make sure you get a cancellation notice.

Alcibiades

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

get a webcertificate...

webcertificate.com I think it is, it's MasterCard-associated...

put about $35 dollars on it and use it down to less than $7-8 bucks that way even if the companies try to charge you they can't...

get free samples or whatever and cancel if you can, but if they give you too much trouble on the phone or something goes wrong, at least they can't charge you $40 to your regular credit or debit card...

I ran into a little trouble with TrimLife cause I thought I had 2 weeks after I got the sample, not 2 weeks after ordering the sample... (so I lost like $8 of shipping charge, either way I came out way ahead, but it was still an inconvenience...)

Go ahead and do the deals, just make sure you get yourself a webcertificate...

make and account and just send it to yourself, I used my yahoo e-mail to create a WebCertificate account (to be able to buy and send) and then sent one to that e-mail address (so my account acts a both a purhaser and receiver)...

you'll be out on 3-4 bucks of fee, but it's worth it so it acts as insurance...

also, try not to give your phone number, try to look for a disconnected one, but don't use one that exists for someone...

MANY TIMES they'll try to not give you credit for doing it, and it can get messy to finally get credit, but as long as you persist with the claim form you fill online and e-mails, eventually they should give you the credit (by foward confirmation e-mails from sponsers)...

I hope they've already sent my NES-edition SP, I'm awaiting it...

robochimp

I started a huge thread about this on the Old GAF. Get the Web Certificate and you will be fine. If there are any shady deals the most you'll be out is a couple of dollars.

I think I still have the quide I wrote somewhere. I'll find it after work tonight. I wrote it months ago, alot has changed but it will still give you a general idea of how to best do things

Top Bottom