• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who cook dinner late at night is the bane of my existence

Not

Banned
51B5trNP9aL.jpg

I get home at 11pm. Time to make some steak diane. The most important part is tenderizing the meat with lots of swift, sharp blows from a mallet.

Just like this

Bang bang bang BANG BANG BANG bang BANG bang bang bang BANG bang bang BANG BANG BANG BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

Hitting a steak with a blunt object is an element of cooking I'll probably never experience

Let me buy it post-hit, please

Sera O

Banned
The peer pressure is pretty overwhelming. To be honest, I experimented a bit myself back when I dated certain types of people in college.

Good god, chap! Stay strong.

Or at least ensure the curtains are well-drawn. We would not want you disqualified from professional food making due to some scandalized passersby being exposed to - or god forbid, filming - your bacchanalia of amateur food-production.

I would figure out some kind of way to block some of the noise, assuming it's coming from a wall nearby. You could get one of those chroma key/backdrop stands and drape some moving blankets over the rod. Not sure how much it would help with lower frequencies, but it should at least help with the frying pans and clanking of tools. You might also see if you can move your bed to a different room if possible.

I'm happy to clarify, although the replies thusfar seem to suggest I'm a little out of touch with today's values. Just can't seem to shake the GAF Goof Goose in this thread! Oh well.

I don't consider it appropriate to cook food to eat in privacy or serve to others unless you're a professional. It just seems creepy and exhibitionistic to me. That's the thrust of my opinion.

If you disagree, and your partner's on board, then of course what you do in the privacy of your kitchen and with whom you share the results is your business. I'm not calling for amateur food to be criminalised! All I wanted to do was bond with an OP who shares my admittedly conservative sensibilities.

Lmao

I'm trying to imagine a convo between a friend who invites you to a barbecue

"GODDAMIT dude i told you i don't want to see you amateur ass molesting food, call a pro or i'm not comin"

Skar

Good god, chap! Stay strong.

Or at least ensure the curtains are well-drawn. We would not want you disqualified from professional food making due to some scandalized passersby being exposed to - or god forbid, filming - your bacchanalia of amateur food-production.
Just wait til you see what's in the average home cooks browser history...Sausages?!? Melons! Corn on the fucking cob!!!

Koriandrr

I cook late quite often. Especially when I don't have to wake up early, which used to be the case when I did freelance, so I would naturally stay till late and eat later, I'm a night owl by nature, get far more productive at night.

Move out on your own. It is more expensive but well worth it if you get irritated by shit like that. People live very differently and if you can't handle that you shouldn't live with others. I for example get really pissed off when people move my shit. I have really good visual memory and know exactly where I've placed everything. I used to live with a dude that was a 'minimalist' by that I mean he tucked everything that was on a surface inside a cupboard or wardrobe so it's not visible. It drove me fucking mad.

I'm happy to clarify, although the replies thusfar seem to suggest I'm a little out of touch with today's values. Just can't seem to shake the GAF Goof Goose in this thread! Oh well.

I don't consider it appropriate to cook food to eat in privacy or serve to others unless you're a professional. It just seems creepy and exhibitionistic to me. That's the thrust of my opinion.

If you disagree, and your partner's on board, then of course what you do in the privacy of your kitchen and with whom you share the results is your business. I'm not calling for amateur food to be criminalised! All I wanted to do was bond with an OP who shares my admittedly conservative sensibilities.

Holy shit.

Top Bottom