• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepper sprayed U.C. Davis students to receive $30K each

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about if you got that, but not the 30K?
That would be a better scenario overall. Properly punish the act and hope that it disincentivizes others to do the same.

I actually think the settlement is too small. If you're going to force a settlement it should be far more punitive. I'd rather not see rights infringed with such low cost.

Who pepper sprayed you btw?
not a very interesting story... was on motorcycle with step father, get signaled by cop to pull over (on a country highway, so kind of in the middle of nowhere), step father and I ride off to a side road and he throws something into woods (later I found out it was a pipe and drugs of some kind heh), resists arrest, I catch some spray on the side of my face (a little in my left eye, which I remember hurting like hell), since I was right there in the thick of it. I barely remember any of it, though, as I was only 10 or so. Kinda felt bad for the cop, since my father was a douche, and the cop was pretty upset about taggin me.

That would be a better scenario overall. Properly punish the act and hope that it disincentivizes others to do the same.

I actually think the settlement is too small. If you're going to force a settlement it should be far more punitive. I'd rather not see rights infringed with such low cost.

It is certainly better than nothing.

Macattk15

Damn.

I wish I was pepper sprayed for 30k. Obviously doesn't make it right ... but I'd say it's a fair trade in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom