• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, 6 outta 10 songs is decent in terms of quality, but what about those select few albums in your collection that are great the entire way through? Post URS:

Getting the Obvious out of the way...
B000006NZV.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

You Look So Fine, Push It, Wicked Ways, jesus this whole album rocked. I woulda mentioned the first album instead but even with awesome songs like Queer and As Heaven is Wide, there are still some blah tracks to muck things up.

B000002VT6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sarah M at her very best. What puts this CD above those before and after is the sheer amount of variety in the work. Earlier cds were almost straight up celtic in nature, and Afterglow, while good, was mellow too often, with tracks like stupid being the albums saving grace.

Surfacing had tunes like Sweet Surrender, Black and White, I Love You, and Full of Grace. Awesome stuff. Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is a great album, honestly, but songs like Ice Cream were just too out there to me to keep the albums quality up the entire listen. Posession is probably her best song tho.

B000002HOK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

So good I bought it twice. Sure, I dont know jack shit about having random sexcapades while overdosing on drugs but this album rocks. Its weakest link is probably Jumper but thats cause VH1 overplayed it, but I still like it a lot. While there is definitely a target audience that I cannot relate to, many of the songs remind us that even the stupid druggies deal with common life problems and heartache. Yay druggies.

B00000I7JR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Movie sucked, cept for the kiss. The soundtrack however was fannnntastic. My favorite movie soundtrack ever. Yes. Not much to say really. Coming Up From Behind, Every You and Every Me, You Could Make a Killing, so good ahhh....

B000002NB7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

BNL at its finest, and one of the most enjoyable live albums ever. While BNLs success was nice to see, something was still lost in their move to the big time, and it easy to see if you listen to this cd next to their greatest hits cd.

B00006J9OT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Favorite Live Album Period. Great collection of songs by one of my favorite female vocalists. Love her rendition of Fly me to the Moon, and the extra tracks included (including a cover of Billy Joels Just the Way You Are) = Ace

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Good picks MAF, I'd add...

B00000IAU3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Her second one is ok, but I really loved this one. A lot of credit goes to her bro though, he was the primary musical engine behind it.

B0000996HH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The man is a genius, and this is his best.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta get in on this...

B0000004X7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00005A09L.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000039PW.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

B0000029GA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000BKJD.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000003BXN.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

B000002HFW.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000067CLT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000003TB6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000000OV7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Too lazy to post more right now.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Off the top of my head, and trying to avoid reposting what has been nominated already:

B000002TQV.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'd love to put OK Computer on here, but there are two throwaway tracks on it.

B0000CBLAY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thought it was the first great album of the 2000s, until I heard:

B00004TTCJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000000OVP.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000IAK3.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

B000002UAR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000028UK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That's all for now

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Julian Cope - Jehovakill
No image.

The Fall - This Nations Saving Grace
B00000189I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Shellac - At Action Park
B0000019KU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
B000002LGL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000JFZ1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00004T8J5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

While I respect every album in SFA's catalog, those two are just so evolutionary and so new, every time I listen, I can't help but be carried away. I truly think Guerilla is one of the greatest albums of all time. Yup.

B00000JG41.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif
I don't care what anyone thinks of Mike Patton. Mr. Bungle is a group of musicians that, for the most part, contributes to all their music equally. In fact, Trey Spruance is responsible for a whole lot of the music that goes into most of their songs. Whatever. California is brilliant. End of story.

Kid A also rules. But I don't feel like getting the image.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anybody else look at the above post by Wolfie and hear that "One of these things is not like the others" song from sesame street?

Hawksley

Archaix said:
Anybody else look at the above post by Wolfie and hear that "One of these things is not like the others" song from sesame street?

He tried to sneak it in there. So sly.

Kuramu

B000002UAR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Beatles Revolver... depending on your tastes, there's nothing even mediocre on here

band25_lg.jpg

McCartney Band on the Run ... with the possible exception of "Bluebird" which isn't a bad song, but it gets boring after 20 listens

Wolfy

Banned
Are you telling me you don't think it's possible to headbang to Michelle Branch? You've not lived, until you have rocked the crap out yourself listening to Breathe. :-|

Diablos

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion mag shoots
with the aid of 8 dust brothers Beck, Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in!
Don't let go
One dance left

roofles.

SickBoy

mjq jazz bar said:
B00000JG41.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif
I don't care what anyone thinks of Mike Patton. Mr. Bungle is a group of musicians that, for the most part, contributes to all their music equally. In fact, Trey Spruance is responsible for a whole lot of the music that goes into most of their songs. Whatever. California is brilliant. End of story.

Kid A also rules. But I don't feel like getting the image.

This is the only album that came to mind reading the thread title. I'm sure there are a few older albums that I could think of, but this is the only one recent that pops into my head. I'm pretty picky,though.

-SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom