• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
POI casting.

ibr5yFVBYGait8.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
pretty good episode, though I wanted more John and Harold, and the lady isn't as attractive as I remember her being from Life (extreeeemly tiny nitpick)

Hard to figure out what Root's doing, seems extra dangerous on her part to kidnap one lady and start to torture another, while knowing the "Guys" are looking for them and have been in the hotel for hours. And...she hid in a closet? A door right next to the door into the room (and the bad guys enter in at the same time)

Shaw's gonna have to grow alot of "Soul" to comeback from her current soulless self.

Favorite part of the episode was when she heard "I think she may have backup" on their com while she walked by two guys holding their kneecaps in front of the building.

Nobility

Banned
Great episode and Nolan did a fantastic job.

Maybe it's just me but I saw a lot of Kara Stanton in Shaw, very cold indeed.

Someone post the results of the blue flashes, there were at least two that I noticed during this episode. The virus is wreaking havoc but is it to take the system down or to stress its security framework?

Lonestar

Great episode and Nolan did a fantastic job.

Maybe it's just me but I saw a lot of Kara Stanton in Shaw, very cold indeed.

Someone post the results of the blue flashes, there were at least two that I noticed during this episode. The virus is wreaking havoc but is it to take the system down or to stress its security framework?

The blue were only on Shaw and "Collins?" (her partner). Both were known Operatives that worked for the Relevant List.

So White is "Regular People"
Red is "People about to do a violent crime, or an operative/asset that is possibly about to endanger The Machine"
Blue is "Person working to clear the Relevant List"
Yellow is "Person working on the Irrelevant List, or knows or have a chance of knowing about The Machine"

Rough guesses with what I can remember.

Can't remember what color the Government guy, Wilson, or Hersch have on them.

Nobility

Banned
The blue were only on Shaw and "Collins?" (her partner). Both were known Operatives that worked for the Relevant List.

So White is "Regular People"
Red is "People about to do a violent crime, or an operative/asset that is possibly about to endanger The Machine"
Blue is "Person working to clear the Relevant List"
Yellow is "Person working on the Irrelevant List, or knows or have a chance of knowing about The Machine"

Rough guesses with what I can remember.

Can't remember what color the Government guy, Wilson, or Hersch have on them.

lol, good to know but I was talking about the infrequent flashing happening when the machine is shown. :)

Most people wouldn't see it but the investigation has begun!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47800410&postcount=821

EDIT: You people type too fast!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Favorite part of the episode was when she heard "I think she may have backup" on their com while she walked by two guys holding their kneecaps in front of the building.

I laughed pretty hard at that.

This episode...holy shit. It was almost like a completely different show, but it was so good. Shaw is a badass. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this plays out. It seriously just hit all the right spots. Loved the Ken Leung reappearance too, he's always awesome. Great stuff, this show just keeps getting better.

Spl1nter

Such a damn good episode again!!! I keep having doubts about them continuing to reach/raise the bar they have set but they continue to do it.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Another incredible episode. Loved the opening credits and then Shaw just hijacking the episode from there. Shaw would make a great addition to the team, she's similar to Kara but seems a little less cold. Her taking the card just hints at her coming back to help them out.

Loved the story tidbits showing what the other side of the machine is doing and Root up to her little plans as usual. Amy Acker with that iron and her usual charm just awesome stuff. Looks like there's a lot more things working in the background and it doesn't feel like the writing team is making it up as they go and the arcs falling apart (looking at you Homeland).

This show consistently amps it up, remember we just came off a huge 4 episode story-arc a couple of episodes back.

Jonathan Nolan has my tick of approval as director. That opening scene felt very Bourne to me and it is probably the most action packed episode so far, no chatter, just Shaw leaving behind dead bodies and John knee capping.

Season speculation:
I am excited and also a little worried about the storm on the way later in the season, hopefully none of the main cast gets killed. Can't shake this feeling it's going to end bad for some people (Fusco?). Especially since Harold even stated in this episode killing off "Control" wouldn't even dent them.

Been slowly getting sucked into this show. Loving it so far, I hope this weeks poi is a recurring character. I thought the idea of her being apart of the team couldve been cool but we will see. Im slightly dissapointed that carter has been taking the back seat the past few episodes but she did just have a big arc. Liked the episode a lot they definitely played her up as being major character since she took up significantly more ST than any of the series regulars did this episode.

I didn't really like how the main focus was on Shaw this ep. Its nice to have a new character introduced, but Reese,Finch,Carter,and Fusco should have had more screentime, imo. First "meh" episode for me. Also, what happens to Veronica? Last we saw she was bound and gagged in the closet/bathroom.

Wiktor

Dear God, this show continues to deliver and even surpass my wildest expectations. Making this episode a mini movie with Shaw as lead was such a ballsy move that paid off in a big way.

pretty good episode, though I wanted more John and Harold, and the lady isn't as attractive as I remember her being from Life (extreeeemly tiny nitpick)

Hard to figure out what Root's doing, seems extra dangerous on her part to kidnap one lady and start to torture another, while knowing the "Guys" are looking for them and have been in the hotel for hours. And...she hid in a closet? A door right next to the door into the room (and the bad guys enter in at the same time)

Shaw's gonna have to grow alot of "Soul" to comeback from her current soulless self.

some hotel rooms have doors that connect to the room next door, this looked like one of those doors.

GlassBox

Banned
Maybe it's just me but I saw a lot of Kara Stanton in Shaw, very cold indeed
Yeah, it's too bad Kara is dead, would have loved to see her go up against Shaw.

I also didn't care for all the focus to be on her. I assume she'll be a major character in the future, otherwise focusing an entire episode on her seems overkill.

RangersFan

so fucking good. Mickey Doyle lol. What a great episodes again! Please make Ken Leung a regular cast member. Such an interesting episode.

edit: also female Reese was Reese on Life lol

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Holy shit guys. The blue flashes in the Machine. They're code.

http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Embedded_Codes

Looks like there were 2 more this episode too. I'll see if I can decode them soon before the wikia people do. Looks like it's doing a number on the machine.

Clearly she's going to be a major character, not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

Valid point but we'll speculate about
what Shaw's motivation (going after Root? since she did get the drop on her) would be to comeback, clearly she's gotten her revenge and doesn't want to destroy the program/machine since she doesn't really question how the numbers are pulled. Then again, like Reese she may be a little curious about the man behind the curtain.

hey guys its Friday lets watch last nights ep....................................

Ok intro is a bit long, no John or the rest..............

but then !!!! THIS SHOW THIS SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austinpowersvqjtt.gif

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lonestar

reading that wiki page for last night's episode, found out that the actor playing Wilson (Shaw's boss who tried to kill her), is married to the actress who played Kara Stanton.

Nobility

Banned
reading that wiki page for last night's episode, found out that the actor playing Wilson (Shaw's boss who tried to kill her), is married to the actress who played Kara Stanton.

Read that too. I knew he look familiar, he's Doyle from Boardwalk Empire.

Too awhile to see the connection, completely different character lol.

Lonestar

heh, thought I saw an actual phone number on Harold's card. (917) 285-7362.

It apparently goes to Harold Wren's voicemail :lol

The phone number (written on a card) that Finch gave to Shaw at the end of the episode (917) 285-7362 is an actual routable telephone number that leads to Harold Wren's voice mail.
As stated previously his phone number, (917) 285-7362 is currently in service and appears to be a wireless telephone number from the NY City area on the Verizon network.

The 10 digit number without the area code (917) spells BULRENA which is an anagram for NEBULAR.
NEBULAR is defined as an adjective that decribes Cloud or Cloudike.

A Network "Cloud" or Cloud Networking is the networking of multiple computing devices or data gathering resources much like "The Machine" (the dynamic configuration of which is invisible to the end-user) used by Finch in order develop the numbers.

ok guys, get started cracking that code

Amazing amazing episode. If anyone is reading this and hasn't caught up to s2e16, catch up now. Show is freaking amazing.

That ending with the music was so good. And I LOVE that asian guy from Lost. They need to make him a regular.

Chris Nolan and Jonathan Nolan's parents need to make more babies because they their kids are freaking geniuses.

Lonestar

While I've got doubts on Shaw's morality being in line with Finch and John, she can hold her own against the likes of the John Reese's and Jack Bauer's of the TV World. She totally obliterated that one dude with the gas mask. Inside of 30 seconds, she throws a flashbang INSIDE his gas mask, then rides him out of a 2nd story window, uses him as a cushion for the fall, and then ends him with a couple bullets.

Dat Flashbang In the Mask trick, wow. Not sure I've seen that done on any other piece of film/television.

Nobility

Banned
While I've got doubts on Shaw's morality being in line with Finch and John, she can hold her own against the likes of the John Reese's and Jack Bauer's of the TV World. She totally obliterated that one dude with the gas mask. Inside of 30 seconds, she throws a flashbang INSIDE his gas mask, then rides him out of a 2nd story window, uses him as a cushion for the fall, and then ends him with a couple bullets.

Dat Flashbang In the Mask trick, wow. Not sure I've seen that done on any other piece of film/television.
Don't worry, Shaw will calm down after Reese and Finch grow on her!

That flashbang thing was very impressive, had to watch it twice. Nolan family has combat secrets they are saving for cinematic reasons lol.

Wiktor

Valid point but we'll speculate about
what Shaw's motivation (going after Root? since she did get the drop on her) would be to comeback, clearly she's gotten her revenge and doesn't want to destroy the program/machine since she doesn't really question how the numbers are pulled. Then again, like Reese she may be a little curious about the man behind the curtain.

My guess -
She will come back to save the machine. They clearly established that while being sociopatic she cares about the results the program is getting, even after being betrayed

Son1x

This episode really blew me mind, it was so amazing.

Really nice to see a different perspective. Made every "meeting" with John so much more interesting. Even Leon had a cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom