• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Getting Limited Physical Release on PS/Xbox/Switch - Limited Run Games

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Standard - $34.99

Grimoire Edition - $69.99
  • Physical Copy of Persona 3 Portable for Nintendo Switch
  • Persona 3 Portable Slipcover
  • Grimoire Book Box
  • SteelBook®

S.E.E.S. Edition - $199.99
  • Physical Copy of Persona 3 Portable
  • Persona 3 Portable Slipcover
  • 1:1 Evoker Replica Shadowbox - Lights Up
  • All Out Attack 3D Shadow Box
  • Persona 3 Portable Official Soundtrack
  • Grimoire Book Box
  • Character Trading Cards
  • School Patch
  • S.E.E.S. Armband
  • SteelBook®
  • Certificate of Authenticity - Individually Numbered

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Limited Run is an easy no for me. They already got a reputation of editing some games and remove things from older games.
Really?
Isn't that illegal with a title like this
A can understand the indy devs not reacting to it but Altus/Sega?

Fake

Really?
Isn't that illegal with a title like this
A can understand the indy devs not reacting to it but Altus/Sega?

Can't say, but after that controversy around fire a woman because of her tweet, people investigate and really proved they indeed remove and edit some games.

I can't say if can affect Persona because Atlus is a strong company with a huge reputation, but maybe they can try. IDK, but this really affect every purchate I can make foward.

edit: Prove:

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Was waiting for this. I'll be grabbing the P4G physical release for Switch (probably through VGP because they also stock LRG games) and then patiently wait for the Persona 3 Reload launch early next year.

I'd guess these games are also going to be getting wide retail releases as well but at any rate, you'd be supporting LRG, not that I have an issue with that.

Needlecrash

WOW. This....damn. Wouldn't think LRG would capitalize on this. This sucks. Maybe a physical copy can be imported from Play Asia?

I just learned that Earthion, the new Shmup from Yuzo Koshiro, is being distributed by LRG/Super Deluxe Games. This.....left me with a very bitter feeling. Fuck. 😒

I've been burned by LRG more than once. The TMNT Shredder's Revenge shit was a shit show. Ordered the Radical Edition, it came out over a year later...WHEN THE ANNIVERSARY EDITION JUST GOT ANNOUNCED. Multiple delays and this. Pissed me off.

StereoVsn

F LRG… but I probably will still grab P4G. P3 is kind of meh at this point for me, but P4G still has a special place in my heart.

Playing the game helped me out a lot at the time when it was released. I was really depressed and no shit, the game got me out of it. I have loved the hell out of P4G ever since.

Last edited:

Dis

F LRG… but I probably will still grab P4G. P3 is kind of meh at this point for me, but P4G still has a special place in my heart.

Playing the game helped me out a lot at the time when it was released. I was really depressed and no shit, the game got me out of it. I have loved the hell out of P4G ever since.

Damn you make me wanna play P4G now too.
Is it better then P5? Thats the only one i played. Is it grindy? Overly long?

Nok Su Kow

WHOA WHOA WHOA.... they did that?? Where did you hear this???
They censored a NES style game called Amazon‘s Training Road covering the girl up in armor when it was found out they said it was a meta joke about how games got censored in the west in the past

StereoVsn

Damn you make me wanna play P4G now too.
Is it better then P5? Thats the only one i played. Is it grindy? Overly long?
I feel like characters are quite a bit better vs P5. They feel more like friends in high school. I also thought the overall storyline was better and not as ponderous.

Of course P5 takes it from gameplay perspective in so far it has a modern engine. That said P5 dungeons get way too long, IMO.

Anyways, it’s a great game and I highly recommend it. Plus if you just want to play, it’s cheap on all modern platforms.

That Evoker might get you in trouble with customs. I think by law you have to have a bright color tip to indicate it is a toy gun. Or unless maybe it is stuck to the frame and you can't hold it?

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
No thanks, fuck LRG.

They censor games, sell games with no physicals (defeating the purpose of the whole "physical preservation"), sell games with DRM, and fire an employee because an employee followed a few folks some pedophile disliked and a single tweet that triggered them.

Just buy it from the inevitable scalping bots, folks. Don't give this scumbag company any money.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yup, that's what I'm planning on doing - buying these from a scalper (or hopefully, used down the line).

I'll pass on this. These physical editions are just cash grabs. Shredder's Revenge was the wake up call I needed. I may still buy physical releases from them if they are reasonable and the games are special to me, but I just don't see the point when P3 Reload is coming, and there will inevitably be a P4G remake coming somewhere down the line.

Can't say, but after that controversy around fire a woman because of her tweet, people investigate and really proved they indeed remove and edit some games.

I can't say if can affect Persona because Atlus is a strong company with a huge reputation, but maybe they can try. IDK, but this really affect every purchate I can make foward.

edit: Prove:

LOL don't buy shit from this wokeshit company damn

LordCBH

On the one hand I want it.
On the other hand FUCK LRG. The people in charge of LRG are a cancer to society.

Also fuck Sega for being cheap and not doing this themselves.

Killer8

Buy now and you might just get it by the time Persona 6 comes out.

Even setting aside all the drama surrounding why LRG are pure trash, just in terms of their service they are slow as shit and routinely shaft people with extortionate shipping fees.

bender

What time is it?
If you want P3 and P4, wait until 10/27 to order both so you don't have to pay ridiculous shipping charges twice.

For anyone still interested in snagging a physical copy of P4G at a decent price, there's one last chance tomorrow as VGP will finally receive their order from LRG. Also, I'm not sure how many units they've ordered, but it will probably sell out very fast.

LordCBH

For anyone still interested in snagging a physical copy of P4G at a decent price, there's one last chance tomorrow as VGP will finally receive their order from LRG. Also, I'm not sure how many units they've ordered, but it will probably sell out very fast.

Despite my bitching I ended up getting both when they were up for preorder at LRG. I’m 100% part of the problem. But I really wanted them.

Despite my bitching I ended up getting both when they were up for preorder at LRG. I’m 100% part of the problem. But I really wanted them.
I'm so pissed at Atlus for picking LRG to distribute P4G and P3P physically instead of just doing a regular retail release themselves... and yeah, I hate LRG, but as Persona fan you can't really pass up on these releases, so it is what it is.

LordCBH

I'm so pissed at Atlus for picking LRG to distribute P4G and P3P physically instead of just doing a regular retail release themselves... and yeah, I hate LRG, but as Persona fan you can't really pass up on these releases, so it is what it is.

Sega really should’ve just done a wide release of these. Especially given how many eyes have been on the series thanks to 5

They sold out in minutes, but I managed to snag a P4G copy for the Switch so I'm a happy camper.

G415yf6.png

Top Bottom