• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 remake trailer posted on atlus instagram. Early 2024.

That’s was only on Persona 3 Portable, they achieve that by removing most of anime cutscenes.
Atlus doesn't seem to get how many chicks out there would play the fuck out of Persona if it had a female protagonist. My gf played P3P for like 100 hours but doesn't give a shit about P4 or P5 because of the lack of a female protag

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So that rumor ended up being true after all. I wouldn't mind either way, but interesting that they went with FES.

While I appreciate P3P's FeMC inclusion and the new Social Links, FES is just the more complete package and it does the job of answering the games otherwise vague ending, and gives closure to all the characters.

AmuroChan

You do...realize that when games are announced at a publisher showcase, only that publisher logo is shown. Because according to your logic, Resident Evil 4 and Street Fighter 6 are Playstation exclusives.

Yes I do. I'll make sure my trolling is a little more obvious next time.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

That’s was only on Persona 3 Portable, they achieve that by removing most of anime cutscenes.
They are doing a Remake. It would be natural to combine the best parts of the two games. It's a shame to lose FemC option. Disappointed.

cover4_new_1200x768.jpeg

disappointed-dismay.gif

dissapointed.jpg

fcagh.jpg

Shifty1897

There's a distinct lack of teenagers putting guns to their head in this trailer. Wonder if that's going to be seriously toned down from the original game.

saintjules

Atlus forgot about them lol

Probably because it's too different/not made by Katsura Hashino. The current style of Persona is made by him.

Hmm I see. I liked the first game. I just got lost and wound at st the Black Market. Never went back after that.

There's a distinct lack of teenagers putting guns to their head in this trailer. Wonder if that's going to be seriously toned down from the original game.
They aren't dumb enough to remove that, they are a Japanese games company making Japanese games. Nobody in Japan even knows about the word 'woke'

adamsapple

Probably too gruesome to put in the trailer for the US market, too many school shootings.

Yep, wise not to have it front and center in the marketing in '23.

But that's a core part of the games lore and I very highly doubt the remake will ditch it.

graywolf323

While I appreciate P3P's FeMC inclusion and the new Social Links, FES is just the more complete package and it does the job of answering the games otherwise vague ending, and gives closure to all the characters.
to leave out the FeMC and Portable content would suck though because then there’s still no true definitive edition 😕

edit: honestly until there’s a press release that confirms what is (and isn’t) in the game I wouldn’t go off just the trailer for assuming that it’s only FES

Last edited:
to leave out the FeMC and Portable content would suck though because then there’s still no true definitive edition 😕
Rumors are saying it will not be definitive in the sense of combining P3 FES and P3P. This looks like an enhanced remaster of P3 FES, probably will be like Nier Replicant v.1.538775674757 in terms of how they are approaching it. They don't actually want to make new anime cutscenes for both OG MC and FeMC probably, so FeMC will be disregarded. Which is fine by me, the sequels P4 and P5 dispensed with having both genders as well. It's just too much work on the part of Atlus to make Persona games with both genders MC.

Chukhopops

Gonna be sad if there’s no FeMC. She really brought something new for a second playthrough and put a new light on the rest of the cast members.

But at least it seems they are keeping the original story and gameplay, can’t be too picky with remakes those days.

Is the story in this darker than P5?
Of all the Personas in the modern era, and by this I mean P3, P4, and P5, P3 is the one closest to being an actual SMT game. P4 and P5 have grown progressively further away from the SMT franchise in terms of story and tone.

P3 had by far the best story and characters of the modern era. You are welcome to have a different opinion but you are wrong and deal with it.

Hmm I see. I liked the first game. I just got lost and wound at st the Black Market. Never went back after that.

I'd love a Persona 2 remake in particular simply because those (IS & EP) are the only ones not focused on a teenage high school cast. Playing as young adults made for a neat setting and exploration of some themes in those games. Didn't feel like trying to relive high school through a video game, only now pretending it was more interesting than it actually was.

I dunno.

We might also get jet set radio.

I can see JSR Remake being at the Xbox Showcase; that one makes more sense than Persona 3 Remake since the JSR games (or at least, Future) are tied to the OG Xbox brand-wise. Real standout on that system.

Having both this & JSR Remake premiers at Xbox Showcase would be nice gets for them. They still need to deliver on those 2020 1P reveals tho to have an actually-good Showcase IMO. At least gameplay for Hellblade 2 (showing some of the actual combat and game loop) & Avowed since those should be 2024 releases. Story trailers for Fable, Everwild, & maybe State of Decay 3. Maybe a story trailer for Perfect Dark but that could also be saved for later.

And of course Starfield needs to present extremely well, not just "okay". After that anything else would be gravy.

adamsapple

Is the story in this darker than P5?

Considerably so, yes.

The game starts with an anime FMV of a girl about to shoot herself in the head in her bathroom, which gets expanded on in the plot.

But, yes, very much so darker than Persona 5 and 4.

Top Bottom