• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax Spoilers Thread - SHO me your spoilers

Alfredo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xTjrDevsZg

It was the JP Igor VA that died, right?

Why do we get a horrible new VA when our Igor was basically perfect?

Igor's original English VA also did Ikutsuki, right? So I guess if Ikutsuki gets a speaking role, he would have a new voice, too... unless they only changed Igor's voice because they sounded too similar? But then there's Narukami and Adachi... lol

Edit: New English Igor sounds kinda like Akihiko's VA, Liam O'Brien, judging just from that "Most intriguing." line.

Xenoflare

Igor's original English VA also did Ikutsuki, right? So I guess if Ikutsuki gets a speaking role, he would have a new voice, too... unless they only changed Igor's voice because they sounded too similar? But then there's Narukami and Adachi... lol

Edit: New English Igor sounds kinda like Akihiko's VA, Liam O'Brien, judging just from that "Most intriguing." line.

This doesn't make sense, if they shared the same VA in P3 why change now?

LX_Theo

Banned
I don't see anything wrong with the old Igor.....

Or are you talking about the new marge?

Both new Igor and new Marge.

I got to be honest. When I heard it initially, my mind immediately went to them sounding like abridged series voice actors. As in, it sounds like a bad impression of the original voice actor with little of the charm that the originals had going for them.

FluxWaveZ

Well my next best guess is Elizabeth vs Margaret music maybe? Is it not in the ost rip?

It's probably not Elizabeth vs. Margaret, either, because they showed that MU during the Atlus launch stream. Don't know if it's in the OST rips—I'd have to look into it—but I haven't heard anyone pointing it out.

Xenoflare

Both new Igor and new Marge.

I got to be honest. When I heard it initially, my mind immediately went to them sounding like abridged series voice actors. As in, it sounds like a bad impression of the original voice actor with little of the charm that the originals had going for them.

IIRC there is an P4 anime abridged series that had a great Igor, if you didn't listen closely he sounds exactly the same with the original English voice actor.

I still cannot understand why though, since based on gameplay videos Igor's old voice (both Japanese and English) are kept for the character select screens. Is Igor getting a new English voice or the VA director decided that he/she wanted to fix something that ain't broken? Why can't they just reuse Igor's old English voice?

Setsu00

That reminds me, I should add that P5HERO hex data since it supports to my theory/prediction :p

You could also add the entire dialogue between Igor and Margaret in which they talk about Sho becoming a new guest in the Velvet Room and that Yu will be his upperclassman.

Also the new Elizabeth song is not in the files.

Man I'm really disappointed that Yukari and Junpei don't get to face their shadows. It would of made things so much interesting and seeing how they would overcome their shadows. Atlas it doesn't happen. I mean seeing Junpei's feelings about Chidori and how he feels about himself. Or how Yukari feels about Makoto and how she also feels about herself. It would of been a great setup.

Man I'm really disappointed that Yukari and Junpei don't get to face their shadows. It would of made things so much interesting and seeing how they would overcome their shadows. Atlas it doesn't happen. I mean seeing Junpei's feelings about Chidori and how he feels about himself. Or how Yukari feels about Makoto and how she also feels about herself. It would of been a great setup.

Wait, isn't there a scene where Yukari's knocked down with her shadow laughing in the background? Does that mean that these dopelganger shadows aren't trying any kind of psychological warfare and are just mustashe-twirling evil versions of the heroes with yellow eyes?

Such a waste.

FluxWaveZ

Wait, isn't there a scene where Yukari's knocked down with her shadow laughing in the background? Does that mean that these dopelganger shadows aren't trying any kind of psychological warfare and are just mustashe-twirling evil versions of the heroes with yellow eyes?

Such a waste.

Each Shadow is different. Their goal isn't to deceive anymore, but some do it anyways, like Shadow Kanji, to mess around with the enemy. Some want to manipulate the other psychologically like Shadow Yu, others just want to kill the enemy right away like "Shadow" Labrys and there's Shadow Aigis who is practically Lawful Evil as there's a scene where she shows respect for the enemy and where the protagonists even sympathize with the fact that her whole existence is predicated on killing, where she will die whether or not she completes her objective.

Yukari faces Shadow Yukari, but that's off-screen because we follow Rise's perspective arriving to that picture of Yukari laying on the floor. I guess on one hand, the fakes were literally meant to be thrown away by Kagutsuchi, but on the other hand they could have been used more effectively than they were. That Shadow Aigis scene where she actually makes a request to her master in Episode P3 was one of the best in the game.

Each Shadow is different. Their goal isn't to deceive anymore, but some do it anyways, like Shadow Kanji, to mess around with the enemy. Some want to manipulate the other psychologically like Shadow Yu, others just want to kill the enemy right away like "Shadow" Labrys and there's Shadow Aigis who is practically Lawful Evil as there's a scene where she shows respect for the enemy and where the protagonists even sympathize with the fact that her whole existence is predicated on killing, where she will die whether or not she completes her objective.

Yukari faces Shadow Yukari, but that's off-screen because we follow Rise's perspective arriving to that picture of Yukari laying on the floor. I guess on one hand, the fakes were literally meant to be thrown away by Kagutsuchi, but on the other hand they could have been used more effectively than they were. That Shadow Aigis scene where she actually makes a request to her master in Episode P3 was one of the best in the game.

Like I said it's a shame because it would of made things a lot more interesting considering that the plot is disappointing. But I bet the reason why they didn't go in full depth with Yukari's and Junpei's confrontation, was because they probably didn't want to mention Makoto or Chidori. Even though both those characters had a significant effect on Yukari's and Junpei's life's. Such a shame indeed.

FluxWaveZ

Playing through Episode Adachi for the first time now, I realize that I think the story as a whole in Ultimax was pretty good, with the only true failings being the main antagonists.

I really enjoyed it right up until the point where it's all about everyone providing support for Yu/Labrys so that they can have a 1-on-1 stand-off with the big bad. Erebus 2.0 is kind of a lame villain behind everything, but the stand-off itself feels really anticlimactic. Like, they had been built up to be extremely powerful, yet Yu or Labrys can take them out like it's nothing. Would have at least preferred some kind of back and forth, or even just a generic sequence where Yu gets beat down by the enemy, but through his bonds he gets powered up and then you play as his Score Attack version to defeat the boss or something.

Sho's a punk with stupid motivations for doing what he does, which I guess is fine since his design is intentional, but it would only really work if there was someone way more impressive behind it all. But yeah, everything apart from when Kagutsuchi is about to enter the fray was nice; just wish they would have stuck the landing.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone explain to me, why both P4 and P3 routes are at 99% even though I got the true ending? Also, did you guys catch at the true epilogue that Atlus hinted that the P3MC canon romance was
Mitsuru
? Bold move.

Plasma

Banned
Kind of disappointed that Elizabeth didn't seem to make any progress on getting Minato back, her ending in P4A blew my mind and it was the thing I was most interested in going into this. They didn't really end up going into it though with just a couple of vague hints about her journey beginning, I wonder if we'll ever see him come back.

cj_iwakura

Boy this thread was hilarious to read in hindsight.

WTF at Kagutsuchi, of all the deities, had to bring Nocturne's into it. Should've stuck with Nyarlathotep.Final battle was fun, but damn did the skimp on the animation. No Adachi/Yu final attack? That would've been the best. It was easily the highlight of story mode.

Top Bottom