• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden has shipped 700k, Dragon's Crown 800k Worldwide

klee123

Does Persona ever ship more than a million worldwide with any of their titles? I really think somehow the series' popularity is overestimated.

In this day and age, any jrpg not named FF or DQ would be lucky to sell more than 500K

It's a niche series with a very dedicated fanbase. However, like the Tales of series, they don't need to sell millions just to break even.

Zushin

I really need to finish / restart P4G - I got about 11 hours in at the start of the year before I got distracted by life and other games and forgot what was happening haha, so I'll probably restart it soon and finish it up. I enjoyed what I had played of it so far. Backlog am cry.

zeopower6

In this day and age, any jrpg not named FF or DQ would be lucky to sell more than 500K

It's a niche series with a very dedicated fanbase. However, like the Tales of series, they don't need to sell millions just to break even.

Yeah, anything that isn't FF/DQ rarely sells more than a few hundred k. Xillia did massively well when it launched in Japan (700k~?) and then also did pretty great in the West too so here's hoping Xillia 2 does just as well.

Omikaru

Excellent news! P4 is my favourite game, so to see so many people getting it is awesome. Seems to be Vita's evergreen title that everyone buys once they get one, so I hope it can top 1m during its life.

Phatmac

Surprised Dragon's Crown did well. Perhaps the character art controversy gave it a ton of attention? Good to see it sell well nevertheless.

Nice. More chances for P5 to be released outside japan.

...Was there any doubt that it wasn't gonna be localized? I mean for fucks sake Atlus U.S.A. localized Conception 2, I would think they would bring over Atlus's flagship franchise (can't speak for Europe here, you guys are probably gonna be screwed over again).

Sophia

Usually it indicates the general demand for a game. The larger number of shipped units means you expect it to sell more and the retailers are willing to take more.

If it's anything like previous Atlus games, they probably didn't ship excessive copies either. So "shipped" may be very close to "sold."

Plus, digital and all that.

Arxisz

Damn Persona sold more on the vita then it's ps2 counterpart? wow. Index is doing crazy good on the Vita considering the install base. Highly unexpected. Looks like the Vita isn't so doomed after all with this kind of attach rate, it must be looking pretty attractive for the japanese devs.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Only 700k people shall know the pleasure of playing the best (rpg) of all time.

soon to be 700.001 :) and 800.001 for DC

I'm hoping for some christmas sales as a new vita owner

Great news for both games, they're some of my favourite games of this year. I imagine that all the controversy surrounding Dragon's Crown only served as free advertisement for them in the end.

Ulumsk

And they reward those people with Dancing All Night. k.

Double dipped, but I'm not salty.
Fuck you, yes I am.

dakun

Damn Persona sold more on the vita then it's ps2 counterpart? wow. Index is doing crazy good on the Vita considering the install base. Highly unexpected. Looks like the Vita isn't so doomed after all with this kind of attach rate, it must be looking pretty attractive for the japanese devs.

well i think that's what Sony was talking about.. The install base isn't big.. but people who have it are pretty happy with it and actually are very active buyers of Vita titles.

Jawmuncher

Good to hear.
Just so you know Atlus while it would be the bajillion rerelease of the game a Persona 3 for Vita would be alright by me.

Aside from that this should show Sony the sort of games they should try a bit more in obtaining for release here in the west. Make me 'wonder how well a Demon's Soul's vita would turn out sales wise.

fwpx

I was hesitant about diving into p4g recently, but I am so glad that I did. Maybe i'll give Dragons Crown a shot too, even though the character design is kind of offputting.

Is "shipped" supposed to be impressive?
It's hardly the sort of game that stores have hundreds of unsold copies of sitting in a back room, in fact you'd be lucky if they even have it in stock. Shipped number is probably fairly close to the sold number.

Top Bottom