• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden review thread: The Highest Reviewed Game of All Time and The Future?

Astra

The Yukiko one makes her look like a fantasy anime character, and isn't quite as bad. The Chie one is just awkward, and the Naoto one is awkward, out of character, and all sorts of stupid.

Of course they're stupid, it's fanservice!
At least they're optional, and we have the option of those badass suits. Which I'll be wearing.

Sophia

Of course they're stupid, it's fanservice!
At least they're optional, and we have the option of those badass suits. Which I'll be wearing.

Hey I don't mind some fanservice. (God knows I like the butler and maid outfits in Persona 3 Portable. XD) It's just weird seeing a character who normally was fairly conservative in dress style in what can only be described as an absurdly skimpy bikini.

It'd be like Fuuka running around Tartarus in one. It just seems.. odd. =P

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hey I don't mind some fanservice. (God knows I like the butler and maid outfits in Persona 3 Portable. XD) It's just weird seeing a character who normally was fairly conservative in dress style in what can only be described as an absurdly skimpy bikini.

Wouldn't that make her the most likely candidate for something of that nature

Astra

Well, I can't disagree there, it is odd. Can't say I am personally a fan of her outfit, but as pizzaroll said, her reserved nature, and conservative style of dress makes her a target of people who want to see her skimpy and sexualised... and they got her. Poor Naoto. She'd be mortified.

Astra

Dem's fightin' wurds.

Whoa, I missed that! Where's armada? It's time for our Chie's to put a foot through his skull!

Not exactly sure how the online works in this game, but added myself to the Vita multiplayer spreadsheet for the game.

LuuKyK

ROFL

She is cool guys. Chill.

Her head is still a deformed potato though. And Yukiko is better. Sorry.

ohlawd

Astra

Nay. P3P FeMC Reverse Harem group is best, thank you very much! >_>;

Come to think of it, do the characters comment on the outfits you give them in P4G like they did in P3FES? XD

I really hope so. If so, I can't wait to hear what Naoto and Chie have to say about their outfits. Yukiko will probably be all "Oh... um, well if you think I should wear it..."

I really hope so. If so, I can't wait to hear what Naoto and Chie have to say about their outfits. Yukiko will probably be all "Oh... um, well if you think I should wear it..."

That would be lame if that's how she would react...and typical of that situation.

Well, thankfully those dumb costumes don't affect stats (or do they?). It was lame in P3F to have to put Yukari and Mitsuru in high-cut armor because it was my best defense item. When I get this, I'll just put them in the black suits. (It would be cool if there were Gekkoukan High outfits)

Sophia

Well, thankfully those dumb costumes don't affect stats (or do they?). It was lame in P3F to have to put Yukari and Mitsuru in high-cut armor because it was my best defense item. When I get this, I'll just put them in the black suits. (It would be cool if there were Gekkoukan High outfits)

Nope. They have moved all these unique cosmetic items to their own slot!

I agree. She should actually have a goofy outfit, and have a laughing fit.

Clown outfit? Actually the laughing fits might be dangerous for all...

Kyon

Banned

no they have their own slots now so you can have your armor with whatever costume you want

EDIT: Beat -___-

Astra

Clown outfit? Actually the laughing fits might be dangerous for all...

xPduo.png

*snrk*

Actually, can you run around in these glasses? The should be an option!

Dantis

xPduo.png

*snrk*

Actually, can you run around in these glasses? The should be an option!

Yes, you can.

There are. :p

Some of the costumes are really neat. Narukami gets a Dojima and an Izanagi costume too.

Astra

Yes, you can.

There are. :p

Some of the costumes are really neat. Narukami gets a Dojima and an Izanagi costume too.

This pleases me greatly.

Man, I really hope the OT isn't full of this fanservice argument. Get it out your systems now, folks.

Taruranto

Sure, let's pretend that Hashino's team made that!

The guys that made mini-game will have been 100% removed from the game development. You're being silly.

And yet it still on the official site, it was up before the game was release and worked as advertisement. What does this tell you about Atlus? What does this tell you about what kind of game P4 is?

P3 and 4 are filled with fanservice, harems, beauty pageants, otaku pandering of all kinds (reverse trap, tomboy, Yamato Nadeshiko, all virgin girls who want you dick and you can date), hell, S.Link themself are pretty much fanservice-heavy, you can get your dick in literally every female over the age of 16 with almost no repercussion... should i go on? You are being in denial.

Dantis

Well, somebody just lowered the tone.

You've got issues, man. I think this goes way deeper than Persona.

Seek help.

kuroshiki

And yet it still on the official site, it was up before the game was release and worked as publicity. What does this tell you about Atlus? What does this tell you about what kind of game P4 is?

P3 and 4 are filled with fanservice, harems, beauty pageants, otaku pandering of all kinds (reverse trap, tomboy, Yamato Nadeshiko, all virgin girls who want you dick and you can date), hell, S.Link themself are pretty much fanservice-heavy, you can get your dick in literally every female over the age of 16 with almost no repercussion... should i go on? You are being in denial.

and uh. you love bioware? Because if that's the case, no shit you don't like persona series. You want more dragon age 2 and mass effect 3.

Taruranto

Well, somebody just lowered the tone.

You've got issues, man. I think this goes way deeper than Persona.

Seek help.

I'm just using a tone adequate to the kind of game we are discussing.

8k4s1.png

http://i.imgur.com/YPBs7.jpg

Also, great come back. Telling people to seek help because you can't accept your favorite game is filled with pandering and fan service is truly a great answer. X)

and uh. you love bioware?

And uh, i don't.

Because if that's the case, no shit you don't like persona series.

Persona 2 is my favorite Persona and one of my favorite jrpg, though i doubt that you meant that when you said "Persona series"

You want more dragon age 2 and mass effect 3.

Funny, since DA2 and ME2-3 probably have a lot more to do with the current Persona series than you might believe.
dmZZG.gif
(you know, the fucking obsession with dating sims aspects and stupid pandering)

I'm just using a tone adequate to the kind of game we are discussing.

8k4s1.png

http://i.imgur.com/YPBs7.jpg

Also, great come back. Telling people to seek help because you can't accept your favorite game is filled with pandering and fan service is truly a great answer. X)

And uh, i don't.

Persona 2 is my favorite Persona and one of my favorite jrpg, though i doubt that you meant that when you said "Persona series"

Funny, since DA2 and ME2-3 probably have a lot more to do with the current Persona series than you might believe.
dmZZG.gif
(you know, the fucking obsession with dating sims aspect and stupid pandering)

But I play these for the dungeon aspect and not the dating! I do miss the old way of doing things sometimes though...

Sophia

Well that happened....

back on topic, for as stupid as some of her outfits are, this one is dead on

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m651w02yGm1rvpi2po1_250.jpg

and someone was asking for p3 outfits earlier?
Yes, you can.

Oh god why do you do this to me Atlus?! ;_;
Well at least they haven't offered Aigis's Shadow Operative outfit for P4A DLC yet......

On a semi-related note, due to the complete lack of a Vita, I have decided to replay Persona 4 on emulator. >_>;

Dantis

Well that happened....

back on topic, for as stupid as some of her outfits are, this one is dead on

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m651w02yGm1rvpi2po1_250.jpg

and someone was asking for p3 outfits earlier?

Yes they were. I don't have any pictures of them though.

I think they just tried to cover all the bases as far as outfits go. And for Golden, that's fine. I just don't want to see that shit in Persona 5 (Which I think is unlikely, as it's the main team developing).

But I play these for the dungeon aspect and not the dating! I do miss the old way of doing things sometimes though...

In all seriousness, people make way too much of the dating thing. It's a really minor aspect of the game. Even in female S Links, it's only a romantic thing later on, and the romance is no worse than what you'd find in a Bioware game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
In all seriousness, people make way too much of the dating thing. It's a really minor aspect of the game. Even in female S Links, it's only a romantic thing later on, and the romance is no worse than what you'd find in a Bioware game.

Except in a Bioware game there is no "fade to black".

Dantis

So I was just thinking "Maybe I should get the English version, so that I can play through it all in English!". So I started watching the new videos (As a side note, Yosuke and Teddie's team attack, whilst amazingly dumb looking, is hilarious. I hope the English one is as good), and I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zbeaieXYvxY

Holy gwack, the new Chie is bad. Like, REALLY bad. She also sounds way too much like Quark from VLR.

Venfayth

I started with Persona 4, then I played P3P. I have yet to try P2, but I intend to. Also have a copy of Nocturne waiting to be played.

I like the S.Links, I like the 'dating sim' portion of the game. I like fanservice parts because I think they're cute.

I still spent over 300 hours playing P3P, and about maybe like 200-250 playing P4, over several playthroughs, and most of that was spent in dungeons grinding or fusing.

Sorry if I'm the kind of person that Atlus is catering to and that's ruining your game, but fuck you if you're trying to say I have bad taste. I'm not going to be somehow morally offended because some pixels have an associated age in a made up story game and I find them appealing. I'm also not some mindless plebe who is only drawn to these games because of -whatever label you want to use - "otaku" elements.

I'm honestly kind of sick of reading all the crap from SMT purists who are upset the games have gone away from what they originally were. I get that these games are drifting away from what you originally appreciated in them, but that doesn't make the people who enjoy the newer games any LESS than you. Whatever justifications you have to tell yourself to feel that way aside, don't take it out on people who are receiving new games that they can enjoy!

Roto13

So I was just thinking "Maybe I should get the English version, so that I can play through it all in English!". So I started watching the new videos (As a side note, Yosuke and Teddie's team attack, whilst amazingly dumb looking, is hilarious. I hope the English one is as good), and I came across this:

Holy gwack, the new Chie is bad. Like, REALLY bad. She also sounds way too much like Quark from VLR.

It suits her a LOT better than her old voice.

Astra

Yeah she's pretty terrible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U8ZvsuY2DdA&list=UU7hgDFSPvJVIUx_b8i1cILA

Ugh.

and haha, Quark. I just started VLR!

It suits her a LOT better than her old voice.

Disagreed.

Top Bottom