• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Marrshu said:
Good choice. Persona 4 is much more challenging then Persona 3 is, thanks to better designed boss battles.

P3 has the edge here from much of the Tower bosses and the end boss, frankly. Chie & MC Wrecking Crew: Too Strong, Wasn't Stopped.

Sophia

SatelliteOfLove said:
P3 has the edge here from much of the Tower bosses and the end boss, frankly. Chie & MC Wrecking Crew: Too Strong, Wasn't Stopped.

I think Tartarus has the edge in difficultly overall, but not so much in individual boss fights. I found Persona 4's boss battles to be far more difficult. You're right about the final boss, however.

Jintor said:
If the anime gets dubbed I hope they use the VA's from the game, Kanji's voice is soooooo gooooood

I'd imagine if it gets dubbed, Atlus will do it themselves. They're already pretty well involved with the anime as is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That depends entirely on who licenses the anime, assuming it is even licensed. Say, if NISA picks it up as they did with the P3 spinoff anime, then there won't be a dub (but, you'd get an art book at least).

Zomba13

M_Night said:
The end scene is a complete mind fuck.
OH GOD.

That's not how it goes Nanako!

*Ahem*

Every days great at your junes

Jintor said:
If the anime gets dubbed I hope they use the VA's from the game, Kanji's voice is soooooo gooooood
If it gets dubbed and they don't use the games VA I don't think I'd watch. I'd rather read subs and hear the Japanese voices than hear English voices that aren't the real Chie and Kanji and Nanako etc.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Love it. I'll be a bit nitpicky and say that some of the expressions of characters looks to standard-anime and stiff, but most of the animation is surprisingly fluid and more stylish than the little I saw of TRINITY. I see no reason why this won't be at least a solid adaptation.

And that song 0.0 ...

Zomba13 said:
OH GOD.

*Ahem*

If it gets dubbed and they don't use the games VA I don't think I'd watch. I'd rather read subs and hear the Japanese voices than hear English voices that aren't the real Chie and Kanji and Nanako etc.

I'll admit I did cringe. My computer hated it too, since my AMD visualizer actually crashed and rebooted right after she said that lol!

Caelestis

Haha, at that ending. I think I will give this anime a shot. It's been a while since I finished P4, so it could be good to refresh the memory about its story.

Zomba13 said:
OH GOD.

*Ahem*

Never gets old. : P

Edit: And I would have to agree.

Seems like the adaptation is in good hands. The personas look slick in action, and I'm loving that theme song.

MechaX

Hm. I liked that song. It is certainly a hell of a lot better than the song they used for the Innocent Sin PSP port. But hey, it raised my interest level from "meh" to "I'll probably watch." At the very least, Trinity Soul set the bar so low that there is no conceivable way the P4 anime could be worse than that.

And god damnit Nanako, you're doing it wrong!

cj_iwakura

As Rodin would put it...

Beautiful.

Also, I'm in the 'no P4 dub cast - sub only' crowd.

Glad to see Ai and the S Link posse are in.

Adr1an

That trailer got me so pumped up to see this, its gonna be great to relive this story again through the anime.

Just hoping they don't cut anything from the story and the adaptation stays true to the game.

pirata

Damn, I was kind of iffy about that song at first, but I guess it's grown on me.

Man, Shoji Meguro must really like Engrish...

Yuripaw

Banned
TenshiOni said:
No more teasing!

An actual trailer for the Persona 4 anime featuring a brief snippet of the MC's voice, the opening theme, and more teases for the first half of the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3v-QP6MCAA

You will not be prepared for the ending. YOU WILL NOT!
Oh crap! This looks friggin awesome! I'll be content I suppose with subtitles, but I really do associated the english voice cast with these characters, and I soooo hope they localize it with the same voice actors. I would buy the whatever expensive dvd/blu-ray set they put out. I love Persona 4!

Thoraxes

Ghost_Protocol said:
Atlus really did a fantastic job with the english voices. It's going to be hard to adjust to the japanese.....
After playing through it in both languages, the voice in the Japanese version have so much more life and character to them, it's ridiculous. They feel like completely different characters in Japanese, and that's in a good way. (The only english voice I actually liked was Kanji's)

Also, the whole original cast has returned from what i've read, so this is just going to be plain amazing.

I've also read it will be 26 episodes, in case anybody needed to know.

Also, just to be about 2-3 months early: Blurays when?

Chavelo

Ummm, cool trailer and all... But uh... I didn't see Naoto Shirogane...

movie-p4-character-008.jpg

So, yeah. Hype -9000.

Chavelo said:
Ummm, cool trailer and all... But uh... I didn't see Naoto Shirogane...

*Naoto image*

So, yeah. Hype -9000.

They're revealing the characters in the same months as the game they were on the Midnight Channel so Naoto is in September.

Strife91

Thoraxes said:
Also, just to be about 2-3 months early: Blurays when?

The first blu-ray volume usually come around the time the last episode is aired. For 24~ episodes series, there's usually 3 episodes per volume I think, and they come once a month. So fall next year? Maybe summer if its 4 episodes per volume.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Strife91 said:
The first blu-ray volume usually come around the time the last episode is aired. For 24~ episodes series, there's usually 3 episodes per volume I think, and they come once a month. So fall next year? Maybe summer if its 4 episodes per volume.

For a 24 episode series, the DVD/BDs will come probably in the middle of the series run. When they'll get a R1 release is anyone's guess.

Jintor

I'm so hyped for the Midnight Channel though, the animation for those scenes looks bitchin'. Artifacting, fucked up channel signals, appropriately creepy shadows. Great!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Adam Prime said:
They need this damn game on PSP already. Port this to Vita!
God no, they've been slacking on getting new games on current platforms as it is already. Full-on SMT or P5 on PS3/360 or bust, damnit.

XiaNaphryz said:
God no, they've been slacking on getting new games on current platforms as it is already. Full-on SMT or P5 on PS3/360 or bust, damnit.
Considering how well these do on portables, perhaps P5 will be a Vita game?

ultron87

I wonder if they'll keep Izanagi around longer in the anime. I'd have to assume that they would.

_dementia said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
_dementia said:
If they are even considering this, it won't be until there's more of an established userbase.

_dementia said:

It should be obvious that Catherine was made as a pre-P5 game for PS3/360.

They already started working on P5 already from what Meguro has said though.

the chris

Bel Marduk said:

Hasn't Atlus been "working" on P5 since the start of the generation?

the chris said:
Hasn't Atlus been "working" on P5 since the start of the generation?

Uh...no? Are you confusing that with that untitled SMT game for PS3 at the start of the gen? P4 was only released mid 2008 in Japan. Meguro said they should talk about P5 this year.

Bel Marduk said:

Oh god please.

Really though, as long as I keep getting Meguro soundtracks I'll be happy.

the chris

Bel Marduk said:
Uh...no? Are you confusing that with that untitled SMT game for PS3 at the start of the gen? P4 was only released mid 2008 in Japan. Meguro said they should talk about P5 this year.
Then I'm looking forward to any current-gen Persona games we get.

squall211

XiaNaphryz said:

Seriously! I mean, I'd buy P4P in a minute, but I'd rather have P5.

Top Bottom