• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - 20th Anniversary Edition unboxing

I forget, are there any special editions for preorder in NA?

Edit: Checked on Amazon, I thought Take Your Heart and the Steelbook were Japan-exclusive! Cool!

LiK

Nice, looking forward to my copy altho I bought it basically got it for the soundtrack and artbook. Not gonna play it in JPN.

Gbraga

I forget, are there any special editions for preorder in NA?

Edit: Checked on Amazon, I thought Take Your Heart and the Steelbook were Japan-exclusive! Cool!

$106 of shipping + taxes for the Take Your Heart edition.

And that disappeared really fast.

Atlus USA, please please please use that packaging art for the NA Take Your Heart edition instead of the crappy plaid placeholder you have now.

$106 of shipping + taxes for the Take Your Heart edition.

Considering the full 4-CD Album is going to be uploaded to the internet inevitably at some point makes the NA Take Your Heart edition much more worth it.

Essentially, it boils down to the following trade-off:
+ Steelbook Case
+ P5 School Bag
+ Morgana Plush
+ Soundtrack 'Sampler' CD
= Collector's Edition Box
= Persona 5 Artbook
- P1-5 "Best of" Album
- Free DLC

I rather have the truly limited physical goodies than stuff I can download and buy separately.

And that disappeared really fast.

Atlus USA, please please please use that packaging art for the NA Take Your Heart edition instead of the crappy plaid placeholder you have now.

All the packaging is currently a placeholder, but I kinda dig the simple collector's box design.

It's the steelbox case that needs to change.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, the free DLC. I wonder if Atlus will do the whole "free for the first week or so, then paid afterwards" like with P4A/U & DAN, because I wouldn't mind having the P3 & P4 costumes, especially if they give you the battle music from said games.

I understand wanting the music digitally, but I like having CDs since I have a ton of gaming music that I listen to while driving, which is why I'm rather bummed we're only getting a "sampler", unless it's something among the lines of "here's the battle music & main theme from each game" or something. Though considering it's part of a LE & not a pre-order bonus, I'm hopeful it won't be around 6 tracks on the CD.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There was one song on YT, one of the versions of Take Your Heart but it got taken down pretty quickly. Like almost immediately after it went up.

For those that haven't seen the included LE tracklist in the OT
Aaaah those P3 & P4 tracks. Wonder what those "Atlus Konishi" & "Atlus Kitajoh" versions are. New remixes?

dgco86

The 14904 yen one you linked is the one you want. It includes a P5 theme + avatars as a bonus from amazon and is the best deal out of the bunch.

Ugh, I'm having trouble choosing between the Premium Edition and Premium Famitsu DX Edition (without the crystal) on Amazon JP. I'll have to give up the Amazon exclusive DLC/theme in order to get the posters and mini-figures.

Is there any chance the Amazon exclusive theme and avatars will be available on PSN for purchase at a later date?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
atlustube pls

They're going to take down every P5 related video these next days I guess.

I don't blame them for this one, they showed pretty much the entire artbook. And hey since Atlus seem to have disabled the Share button for the majority of P5 it looks like there won't even be many videos to take down!

FluxWaveZ

No surprise there, I know for P4A Ultimax, they released an image with Teddy basically saying "DON'T SPOIL THE GAME, DAMN IT". Watch as they make one for Persona 5.

They've made spoiler warnings for:

1. Persona 4 Golden
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
4. Catherine
5. Persona Q
6. Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Probably some more non P Studio games. Atlus is serious when it comes to spoilers for their games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Considering the full 4-CD Album is going to be uploaded to the internet inevitably at some point makes the NA Take Your Heart edition much more worth it.

+ Steelbook Case
+ P5 School Bag
+ Morgana Plush
= Persona 5 Artbook
- P1-5 "Best of" Album
- Free DLC

Depends on what you value. I prefer a CD collection of soundtracks I love over a plush or bag.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They've made spoiler warnings for:

1. Persona 4 Golden
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
4. Catherine
5. Persona Q
6. Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Probably some more non P Studio games. Atlus is serious when it comes to spoilers for their games.
Oh damn, I could've sworn they did it for Golden & P4A, but couldn't find anything on them, glad to see I remembered correctly in addition to more games.

But yeah, probably wanted to take it down on the grounds they want people to go into the game (& I guess the artbook or the other LE items) as spoiler-free as possible......which won't be as easy for US & EU fans.

RocBase

Oh damn, I could've sworn they did it for Golden & P4A, but couldn't find anything on them, glad to see I remembered correctly in addition to more games.

But yeah, probably wanted to take it down on the grounds they want people to go into the game (& I guess the artbook or the other LE items) as spoiler-free as possible......which won't be as easy for US & EU fans.

Well they're certainly making the job of avoiding spoilers easier for those concerned, haha.

Not that I'm advocating their method, it's a pretty draconian way of going about things.

Kysen

Normally I go digital but I've preordered the limited edition so gonna have to wait for Tensou to send it over. Hopefully customs doesn't screw me over.

artsi

Someone is uploading the OST on youtube now. I need that battle theme in my veins.

Someone uploaded a Persona 5 related clip (some niconico stream capture) to YT and atlustube took it down after some minutes, so uh, better grab it quick.

They're in total takedown ninja mode like when PV2 was leaking.

Someone uploaded a Persona 5 related clip (some niconico stream capture) to YT and atlustube took it down after some minutes, so uh, better grab it quick.

They're in total takedown ninja mode like when PV2 was leaking.
He just uploaded the track I was looking for, The Last Surprise! That's all I need!

artsi

I listened to some of the tracks I've heard in trailers, but rest can wait for a couple days until I hear them in game :p

batfax

Gone already, Atlus does not fuck around with early leaks.

They weren't fast enough. Nabbed 'em. Hopefully these tunes'll last me until the game releases stateside in what feels like a million years. Were there new remixes of past games on the CDs though? For some reason I thought there were. Maybe the uploader just didn't manage to get to those before getting hit.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
They weren't fast enough. Nabbed 'em. Hopefully these tunes'll last me until the game releases stateside in what feels like a million years. Were there new remixes of past games on the CDs though? For some reason I thought there were. Maybe the uploader just didn't manage to get to those before getting hit.

There were a few. There's a fantastic Mass Destruction remix that has a verse or two of Burn My Dread in it.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

Refrain from posting videos of or streaming spoilers, posting spoilers on twitter and such, or you'll get a severe punishment from Caroline and Justine.

Aaaah those P3 & P4 tracks. Wonder what those "Atlus Konishi" & "Atlus Kitajoh" versions are. New remixes?

Remixes from Dancing All Night.

Would be great to have the best of both worlds but I'm a sucker for steelbooks so I'm happy with that.
Would be great to have the ost but I own most of that music already.
Artbook is the crucial part for me though.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Remixes from Dancing All Night.

Nah, they're new. Konishi did a Your Affection remix, (not the same as the remix Daisuke Asakura did for it in DAN), and Kitajoh did a Mass Destruction remix. Both fucking rock by the way.

BigEmil

YouTube mp3 rip? The compressions and low quality is terrible even when downloading through those websites 'highest quality' setting

Gbraga

+ Steelbook Case
+ P5 School Bag
+ Morgana Plush
= Persona 5 Artbook
- P1-5 "Best of" Album
- Free DLC

I rather have the truly limited physical goodies than stuff I can download and buy separately.

All the packaging is currently a placeholder, but I kinda dig the simple collector's box design.

Yeah, the Take Your Heart edition is fantastic, and the price is great too, but the shipping + taxes is a bit too much for me. Unfortunately, I can't find any store in my country with these available for preorder.

I guess I'll go digital this time.

Top Bottom