• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to Summer 2016 for PS3/PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

It is weird that they haven't shown any Social Link gameplay or something? or maybe the game doesn't have this feature?
MnwHyAi.jpg
They've confirmed that Social Links will be back in some form, anyways.

Would you really want to be spoiled on Social Links? It's good that they haven't demonstrated anything of them as an acknowledgement that Persona isn't all about being a friendship/dating sim like some people try to pin it as.

Ravage

Started a P1-P4 marathon in preparation for P5 and I was honestly worried I couldn't make it in time for launch. This will definitely buy me enough time to complete P4G at a leisurely pace.

EDIT: Tbh even the production values seem to take a leap forward with P5.

Yeah. They've really got the art style melting into every aspect of the game it looks like.

It looks really sharp and a nice leap. Pretty impressive (like SO5) considering it's having to manage being cross-gen.

Yeah. They've really got the art style melting into every aspect of the game it looks like.

This. Through the trailers of P5, it really shows how different the Persona team's approach is towards their design template for the series.

It's been 8 years since P4, and since then, there are a number of games that have... borrowed the style and ideas popularized in P3/P4 ( though no real direct clones), but P5's aesthetics really show that in terms of realising the game visually, they're several steps ahead of the game.

I hope this delay at least allows them to figure out how to publish the game in EU at the same time as US or with minimal delay, I'd rather not need to import.

Too much to ask, I know.

Eh, if you've heard the murmurings about how Atlus JP runs things, it's not really that surprising at all.

It's not that I doubt the ability of their Japanese branch to incompetently and maliciously keep information from their American subsidiary, it's that there is no scenario in which a game is coming out this December which would not require multiple people working in the US branch to have a clear picture of the game's current state and be actively working on tasks related to its launch.

Like, to construct a scenario where this could be a legitimate surprise to the entire branch, you need Atlus USA to have already translated and voice-recorded a complete game script, to be inserted into something that could plausibly be called a finished game, and be working with Sony to get everything ready for a Q4 release, only to have the TGS announcement render everything they're working on null and void.

Either way, he's in PR, if he's told to repeat 2015 because Atlus doesn't want news/speculation of the delay to come out of Atlus USA's mouth then he just has to go with it.

I mean, yes, in the most technical sense, someone has to do what their bosses order... but anyone who's in any way skilled in PR knows that telling a lie that is guaranteed to be uncovered will inevitably result in bad PR. If you're put in that situation, you don't enthusiastically and blithely repeat the lie to anyone who'll listen, you figure out how to mitigate the damage it's going to do.

shandy706

^^Heheh

Annoyed that the English Subtitles video disappeared in the other thread :(. Thanks for taking down the video I could understand with a copyright Youtube :p

FluxWaveZ

^^Heheh

Annoyed that the English Subtitles video disappeared in the other thread :(. Thanks for taking down the video I could understand with a copyright Youtube :p

Specifically, atlustube are the ones actively seeking out these videos and terminating them; they're not being automatically removed by YouTube.

FluxWaveZ

I can't create a thread yet, so here is a new rumor about the release date, they say that will be in June at e3

http://www.crossmap.com/news/person...tes-hashino-and-harada-shared-that-next-23910

Nope. If you had created a thread about this, you would have gotten destroyed by the ravenous crowd (also why juniors can't make threads).

These "rumors" have been going on by clickbait sites ever since Persona 5 was announced. They make stuff up.

Like, who's Atlus's "Katsuhiro Harada"? The game's coming out for the Vita? Read the article and check if the information is actually correct.

I can't create a thread yet, so here is a new rumor about the release date, they say that will be in June at e3

http://www.crossmap.com/news/person...tes-hashino-and-harada-shared-that-next-23910
At least you spared your non-existent yet thread creating privileges.
Typically, a no-name site saying "there are rumors" has no value as news:
There are rumors that it might be somewhere in June, in particular during the E3 2016.
No sources, nothing.

Anyway, Colin from Kinda Funny was talking about that the actual game might be done and they're doing the localization for the west to have near simultaneous release WW.

mrmickfran

Anyway, Colin from Kinda Funny was talking about that the actual game might be done and they're doing the localization for the west to have near simultaneous release WW.
Would certainly be a first for Atlus.

I can't really blame them. This is probably their biggest game ever. Maybe SEGA's lending a hand?

FluxWaveZ

Would certainly be a first for Atlus.

I can't really blame them. This is probably their biggest game ever.

Well, not really a first when we consider Persona 4 Arena and Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Holding the game back just for that purpose, though? I guess we would not have heard of them doing that before, but it also very much sounds like wishful thinking and not reality.

nadnerb 64

Neo Member
As I have grown older and with this generation, I have slowly become OK with delays. I am tired of playing broke ass games so any delay to make the game better is all good in my book. I broken game is remembered whilst a delay in a moment of dissappointment

Weiss

Banned
As I have grown older and with this generation, I have slowly become OK with delays. I am tired of playing broke ass games so any delay to make the game better is all good in my book. I broken game is remembered whilst a delay in a moment of dissappointment

There's something to be said about a game that needs so much fine tuning, I suppose.

Like, Duke Nukem Forever sure as hell wasn't improved by all that "fine tuning."

mrmickfran

Well, not really a first when we consider Persona 4 Arena and Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Holding the game back just for that purpose, though? I guess we would not have heard of them doing that before, but it also very much sounds like wishful thinking and not reality.
I had no idea Overclocked released over here before Japan. That's crazy.

They don't necessarily have to be holding it back, Atlus NA can be working on localization right now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

No way.

This is Atlus we're talking about.

kurahador

Yes, but SEGA is involved in this and I can see that now, as Persona got a huge push in the west with Persona 4 and P4G.
"Huge" in terms of JRPGs that are not Final Fantasy.

I think you're confusing SEGA with Namco-Bandai there.
The only thing SEGA will push is release date.

Paltheos

There's something to be said about a game that needs so much fine tuning, I suppose.

Like, Duke Nukem Forever sure as hell wasn't improved by all that "fine tuning."

Case by case. I tend to be optimistic about these sorts of delays, and Duke Nukem is an exceptional case with tons of warning lights.

cireza

The mystery behind the blurry letters still has not been solved ? I was thinking we would get a HD port to keep us waiting, or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom