• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can't believe I've been dreaming of this day since the PS2 era. And in 35 mins, I'll be playing the damn thing. Finally.

IMG_4803.jpg

How about you guys?

careksims

My Take Your Heart Edition is still in the shipping today stage, I'm not worried like I was with the Switch. Gonna be playing all night tomorrow!

mike6467

I am so, so thrilled to be playing this. I didn't realize how much nostalgia I had tied to P4 (and later Catherine). The music, art style and familiar gameplay have flooded me with memories from 2011-2014, it's actually pretty surreal. I'm not sure I've ever had ties to a game like this before, maybe Baldur's Gate 2, but it definitely doesn't happen often. I'm going to be up for awhile...

Gorgeous. Seems like everything I've been dreaming it would be for like, 9 years or so.

Is there a way to hide "FFWD" and "LOG?" I don't need to see that text in the corner of every dialogue scene...

aravuus

I am so, so thrilled to be playing this. I didn't realize how much nostalgia I had tied to P4 (and later Catherine). The music, art style and familiar gameplay have flooded me with memories from 2011-2014, it's actually pretty surreal. I'm not sure I've ever had ties to a game like this before, maybe Baldur's Gate 2, but it definitely doesn't happen often. I'm going to be up for awhile...

Tell me about it! It took a minute for me to kick in, but at some point I was going through random dialogue and it kind of hit me that this seriously is Persona and I just got giddy as all hell lmao. Now I can't stop smiling.

This is SO FUCKING AWESOME

(coming from KH2FM+, I wish I could turn off camera auto-adjust though lol)

orkanamn

Banned
Can't wait for this! About 7 hours left until I can pick it up!

is there a way to recover SP? i have zero SP and im on the second floor, and im 1 day away from game over.
It's good to have multiple saves of one playthrough if this happens. It happened to me in P4G and since then I have 3 save slots to vary between.

Is there a perfect social link guide in English someone can link me too? It's been out for so long in japan I have to imagine one exists.

I don't want to miss a thing in a 150 hour play through because I studied one night rather than spend time with someone who I didn't know was leaving the story in a few months or some shit.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is there a perfect social link guide in English someone can link me too? It's been out for so long in japan I have to imagine one exists.

I don't want to miss a thing in a 150 hour play through because I studied one night rather than spend time with someone who I didn't know was leaving the story in a few months or some shit.

If you want to do everything (Platinum) then you need to play NG+ anyway. I wouldn't ruin the fun of decisions and choices for the first run through. I'm keeping the guides for NG+ which we'll have to do anyway. First playthrough should be immersive, awkward but fun.

nasax

6:39 PM Shipment arrived at Amazon facility

Carrier: AMZL US

------------

Freaking Amazon Fulfillment Center is like 20 minutes away from me. So close yet so far. At least it'll be here tomorrow.

If you want to do everything (Platinum) then you need to play NG+ anyway. I wouldn't ruin the fun of decisions and choices for the first run through. I'm keeping the guides for NG+ which we'll have to do anyway. First playthrough should be immersive, awkward but fun.

Nope. Gave up on the p4g platinum early on. Just don't want to miss maxing any relationships since that's the bread and butter of this series for me

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Nope. Gave up on the p4g platinum early on. Just don't want to miss maxing any relationships since that's the bread and butter of this series for me

Then GameFAQs has a perfect guide. But personally I am not using it. Going in blind. IMO it's the way to play. Weighting what to do/who to hang with is part of the fun and charm.

silva1991

Oh. My. Fucking. God

After over 50 hours, I just realized I can just
switch party members in the dungeons from the menu.
KILL ME.

Ulong

Do the online features become active sometime after the first dungeon? I'm not expecting much out of online but so far there's been nothing after turning it on at game start.

cj_iwakura

Man, still in the prologue, but
I had no idea life had taken such a giant shit on this kid. And I thought Tatsuya had it rough.

Man Japan, with the way everyone is treating the MC for
stopping a rape
I'm amazed they didn't just execute him.

OMG, I'm dying at the conductor's "OH FUUU-!!!"

Okay so, now that a lot of people are going to start playing can some of you keep an eye out for me.

I think I'm going crazy, but during the first nights that I played Persona 5, in one of the loading screens (can't remember which one, might have been afternoon to evening) where there are some silhouette of people walking left and right. I swear to god I saw Ann as one of those people. 60 hours of play time later and I haven't seen her again.

Did that happened or I was just overhyped when I was playing late at night?

I pressed the option button to see if it would bring up options related to "option = skip" (hopefully the ability to hide the "option = skip" and "Square = log" prompts that are always on screen) and it just immediately skipped everything (no "are you sure?" even) and I had to go back to a loaded game.

Looks like I just gotta live with that "SKIP" "LOG" stuff taking up screen real estate all the time.

aravuus

I just named my character Ara Thiefman. First name from my nickname plus Ara sounds a bit Japanese, and since I've been Superman in the earlier games, Thiefman felt like the best choice for this game.

OMG, I'm dying at the conductor's "OH FUUU-!!!"

It was perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom