• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I gotta say, I went back to an earlier scene to test out the JPN voices, and honestly I much prefer the English voices across the board (at least for the original core group, don't have a good save handy to check some later characters). Part of it is because the English script is definitely not completely 1:1 with the Japanese script, mostly for the sake of making conversations flow better and more naturally in English than a straight literal translation might have been at times. So that's pretty distracting when I know, even from my very limited Japanese, that the two aren't completely matching up. Aside from that, the English cast is so spot on in terms of personalities and delivery that I don't really feel inclined to switch languages in the first place. Maybe I'll give the Japanese another go on a New Game+.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Digital version preloaded, but I'm at work and haven't finished yakuza 0 yet. I'll probably get around to this at the weekend.

Really excited for this. Love what I played of persona 4 up until my vita broke. Was hoping to get it repaired and finish persona 4 before this, but I can always go back to it

How about you guys?

Goro Majima.

Thought about naming him after my newborn son, but decided against it incase bad shit happens to the main character. Had played a bit of yakuza 4 and got 5 through ps+ but decided to hold off until I had finished yakuza zero first. Almost done with yakuza 0, and majima is one of my favourite game characters, so it seemed like an easy way to save myself the hassle of sitting at the character name screen for ten minutes wondering what to call him.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Okay so, now that a lot of people are going to start playing can some of you keep an eye out for me.

I think I'm going crazy, but during the first nights that I played Persona 5, in one of the loading screens (can't remember which one, might have been afternoon to evening) where there are some silhouette of people walking left and right. I swear to god I saw Ann as one of those people. 60 hours of play time later and I haven't seen her again.

Did that happened or I was just overhyped when I was playing late at night?

I saw Ryuji

My copy just left the Amazon facility in California an hour or two ago. Still apparently supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Gosh dang it USPS and Amazon. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow...

GSR

Okay so, now that a lot of people are going to start playing can some of you keep an eye out for me.

I think I'm going crazy, but during the first nights that I played Persona 5, in one of the loading screens (can't remember which one, might have been afternoon to evening) where there are some silhouette of people walking left and right. I swear to god I saw Ann as one of those people. 60 hours of play time later and I haven't seen her again.

Did that happened or I was just overhyped when I was playing late at night?

This is normal. IIRC it triggers sometimes when you're going to an area where a party member is just hanging around to talk to.

Waiting for my Steelbook to come in tomorrow, but my digital bros better be getting at it right now. Been waiting for this game for so long now and the time is finally here.

Erekiddo

Immediate reactions are positive, although I wish there were sound options.

The dialogue sounds a bit sharp, like a hot mic. I'm using a Sonos surround setup, so I don't think it's my speakers but I'll reboot everything for good measure.

I'm so psyched to get this game tomorrow. Working until 5:30 or so and racing home. Went to the gym today so I'm going to be dead sore tomorrow and looking to plant myself on the couch and play for 5-6 hours.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is normal. IIRC it triggers sometimes when you're going to an area where a party member is just hanging around to talk to.

This would make sense since i saw it in school where Ryuji was located.

aravuus

Immediate reactions are positive, although I wish there were sound options.

The dialogue sounds a bit sharp, like a hot mic. I'm using a Sonos surround setup, so I don't think it's my speakers but I'll reboot everything for good measure.

It sounds like they used the same exact recording setup they did all those years back with Persona 4. It's jarring at first, but I got used to it right away.

Velcro Fly

I will feel like a cheater for downloading the free healing items and skill cards things from PSN but they are free and so hard to resist. I hope they aren't game breaking :(

aravuus

I will feel like a cheater for downloading the free healing items and skill cards things from PSN but they are free and so hard to resist. I hope they aren't game breaking :(

I doubt they'll be of any use after the first 5 encounters in the first real dungeon. Seemed kind of worthless.

cripterion

Ok just go at the game and using the Japanese voices. Is there a bug or something? Just at the intro and everyone is talking at the same time?

cripterion

There is no way this is how the dialog is intended to be, seems borked or something... going to try with English VA. Damn, was so hyped and this is killing me right off the bat.

Rainy

Banned
My package is at the Amazon facility in Philly. So close yet so far. Can't wait until tomorrow. Enjoy everyone!

About 16 hours until I will be able to play! I have been looking at my package status every 15 minutes for the last three days lol. God speed to the rest of your normies who are also getting physical copies tomorrow.

I've named every one of my persona characters Kenpachi Ramasama. Feels weird to name them after me.

Dying to play this. It's been such a damn long time...too bad I have to wait until tomorrow to pick this up!

I agree. My name is not Nick. I just think "Nick Hentai" is a really, really funny name.

That is a strong name.

Thanks man, hahahaha. It still makes me laugh sometimes when I see it in the dialogue.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Ok just go at the game and using the Japanese voices. Is there a bug or something? Just at the intro and everyone is talking at the same time?

That definitely doesn't sound right. There were people mentioning a bug where it would play music instead of voices, and they mentioned that they had to delete and reinstall the game to fix it.

Can you pause during animated cutscenes?

Yes. Pressing any button will pause it, pressing anything again will unpause it. Don't press options though, that'll skip it.

LotusHD

Banned
Can't believe I've been dreaming of this day since the PS2 era. And in 35 mins, I'll be playing the damn thing. Finally.

I slightly feel bad, all these long-awaited games or games that people thought would never come out (Nier: A, FFXV, Zelda, P5, etc.) are finally coming out, and I'm just a guy that only recently became aware of the majority of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom