• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... can't believe its almost here.

Still deciding on my weeb name for the game in lieu of an "Yu Narukami" canonical one. — Yes, I know he has a name in the manga
Akira Kurusu
, but I'm considering that "Souji Seta"-status until further notice.

In the meantime I'm thinking of "Yasuo Kaito" (I'm unsure which to use as given name /family name).

Showing my power levels a bit, but Yasuo is an homage to Yasuo Yamada, the voice actor for Lupin III during the first series + Castle of Cagliostro
(though not actually the original VA, that would be Nozawa Nachi)
. While Kaito is from 怪盗/ kaitō meaning thief. I like the obvious pun and the idea of people calling me "Thief-kun" while playing.

Any other suggestions?

What's wrong with Taichiroh Hirokawa? (The Lupin voice in the CinemaScope version of the Pilot Film.)

NewDust

It comes out on the first day, rather than a month later like the JP version.

It also sounds like tedious BS.

Same as Hard mode, except...

- Money and EXP rates reduced (yay?)
- Crit/weakness damage is wildly amplified, so it is very frequently an instant kill against your party.

I already have a copy... And it doesn't make it any easier... I could go Hard, but I am prone to overleveling with my normal play style. So reduced money and EXP would be welcome. Instakills are dumb, but it would aid in going more in depth on defensive properties and skills of persona's.

Xypher

Is 105 hours the average regular playthrough or estimated OCD/completionist expected time?

You will need more than 100 hours just for a standard playthrough, a 100% playthrough is not that much longer, as you will go through the exact same number of days anyways, just that you will spend more time in events, for a platinum you will need more than one playthrough, though. My fiancées first playthrough on the easiest difficulty took her about 100 hours without having to grind or battle much.

You will need more than 100 hours just for a standard playthrough, a 100% playthrough is not that much longer, as you will go through the exact same number of days anyways, just that you will spend more time in events, for a platinum you will need more than one playthrough, though. My fiancées first playthrough on the easiest difficulty took her about 100 hours without having to grind or battle much.

It took me around a month to beat FFXV with doing a few sidequests but mostly just playing through the main plot.

I expect I'll be done with this around August. Damn.

4 more days, can't wait!!

For people that have played the game, how easy is it to get a platinum trophy, are there any missable? Also without spoiling is getting the true ending straightforward or complicated like P4?

Alastor3

Based on the art alone (haven't read the description and saw nothing of the game) :

Ryuji is the sidekick that is a little goofy but very loyal
Ann is a little bit tsundere at first but get soft the more the game progress
Morgana is the dude who is never sad or always see the good perspective in life
Yusuke is the mysterious type, you will know more about him like in the 3/4 of the game, Makoto is the severe type
Futaba is the humm i don't know, a bit rebellous maybe
Haru is a bit shy but can get super serious if the situation need to be
Goro is the overconfidant guy.

mrmickfran

Glad I didn't get it early, considering that I have an exam on Monday.

I WANNA PLAY IT SOOOOOO FUCKING BAAAAAAAAD

I'm at the second dungeon 15 hours in, loving it so far. It's fundamentally not too different from P3 or P4, but they really managed to make it feel fresh. The writing is stepped up tremendously, too.

I named my protag Buffy Summers, so (minor early spoilers)
naming the group Scooby Gang only made sense. 😎

I've been seeing this sentiment ever since the Japanese release and it's great to see, I played through a JP copy last year despite knowing zero Japanese and ended up loving my time with it just off of the strength of the gameplay alone. So hearing that the other large portion of the game that I missed out on is also very good is exciting.

Sounds like you'll enjoy it then! Hope you love it, easily my favorite game series of all time and I hope you get a chance to check out the older games at some point as well.

Awesome. Just ordered from Best Buy.

Happy to financially contribute so cool, niche stuff continues to get made. I'm excited to jump in.

I dunno, that site says completionist is 176 hours, which is 46 hours more than Main+Extra, 40 hours more than P3, and 30 more than P4. Insane.

What's the Hard mode like in this one? If memory serves the Hard mode in P3 was cheap and not really worth it.

Xypher

4 more days, can't wait!!

For people that have played the game, how easy is it to get a platinum trophy, are there any missable? Also without spoiling is getting the true ending straightforward or complicated like P4?

Platinum trophy is fairly easy to get, but as the calendar system works, everything is essentially missable, so if you want to get the platinum I suggest looking at the trophy list to get an understanding of how to spend your ingame time. But if you know what to do, it is easy to get.

And in regards to the true ending
there is only a bad ending and the "true ending" and avoiding the bad ending is easy.

JJShadow

Aw man, I'm so fucking excited for this, it's gonna be my first Persona but I know I'll enjoy the heck out of it

My copy should be here tomorrow morning, let's go!

Platinum trophy is fairly easy to get, but as the calendar system works, everything is essentially missable, so if you want to get the platinum I suggest looking at the trophy list to get an understanding of how to spend your ingame time. But if you know what to do, it is easy to get.

And in regards to the true ending
there is only a bad ending and the "true ending" and avoiding the bad ending is easy.

Ok cool, thanks :)

jbortz78

My first Persona game!
Was gonna buy mass effect A, but one of my friends opened up my eyes regarding buying this instead. Had no thought about getting this until a few days ago, but after reading some reviews and lurking in the spoiler free impressions thread my body is soo ready for this!

Xypher

I dunno, that site says completionist is 176 hours, which is 46 hours more than Main+Extra, 40 hours more than P3, and 30 more than P4. Insane.

What's the Hard mode like in this one? If memory serves the Hard mode in P3 was cheap and not really worth it.

For the platinum trophy you will need at least one and a half playthroughs, even when following a guide, so there is that explanation, even though I got my platinum trophy at a lower playtime, and I can't comment about hard more, but if you mean one shots from the enemies by saying it's cheap, then that also happens on normal.

ChrisD

I've been dying to replay P4G while waiting, but I've stayed strong knowing that it would just be dropped when this releases. Have also kept a pretty steady pseudo-media blackout, only seeing/listening to a few seconds of the early game here and there. Just to hold me over. :eek:

SO
DANG
CLOSE

I am so excited to play this on Tuesday, but also haven't read up on it too much as I've been busy with Zelda and other things.

break it down for me GAF, who is the best romance option for me? I liked Rise in P4G, the only other Persona I've played.

Shouta

That's hilarious.

It just goes to show how much content there is to experience your first time through. All dat story and stuff.

I think I got near the end of my NG+ in 15-20 hours and that was mostly dungeon crawling and time spent fusing custom Persona for the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom