• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunoku

Way better suggestion 😃. thanks!

So what names are the rest of P5GAF using?

Makoto Doumouto

It's the name of a fictional character from a manga within the manga Bakuman. It's a series about committing "perfect crimes" in elementary school, so in my head-canon he grew up to be a Phantom Thief.

Or I could just go with Charlie Tunoku

Mashing

Man, it's going to be tough finishing my adventure with Aloy with this taunting me in the background. Being one of my favorite series makes it all the more harder.

tiva

Neo Member
i never finished persona 4 golden but i really liked it. it was just a bit too long and i got burnt out. excited to give this one a try though, hopefully i'll be able to finish it

also it was literally the only reason i bought a vita and its been collecting dust ever since

Haven't gotten my game from Amazon yet but was curious if anyone knew the name of the track that plays when you're fighting the first dungeons boss
Kamoshida
. Don't know if I'm missing it on YouTube but I can't find it for the life of me.

Edit: messed up spoiler tag, sorry.

I'm glad it's so long, I never want these games to end lol.
It will take me a friggin' year to beat it though.
I might actually take some time off in april for this. Can't expect me to focus at work with P5 at home waiting to be played :)

For the platinum trophy you will need at least one and a half playthroughs, even when following a guide, so there is that explanation, even though I got my platinum trophy at a lower playtime, and I can't comment about hard more, but if you mean one shots from the enemies by saying it's cheap, then that also happens on normal.

Well P3 Hard was more like stat buffs, RNG is considerably less in your favor, and compendium purchases were crazy expensive. Not a harder challenge in terms of tactics, just more difficult. So that's what I meant by cheap.

It just goes to show how much content there is to experience your first time through. All dat story and stuff.

I think I got near the end of my NG+ in 15-20 hours and that was mostly dungeon crawling and time spent fusing custom Persona for the run.

So you're saying the NG+ is something like Yakuza's Platinum Adventure mode where you can just do dungeon runs without any of the story?

Shouta

Well P3 Hard was more like stat buffs, RNG is considerably less in your favor, and fusions were crazy expensive. Not a harder challenge in terms of tactics, just more difficult. So that's what I meant by cheap.

So you're saying the NG+ is something like Yakuza's Platinum Adventure mode where you can just do dungeon runs without any of the story?

You can skip the story pretty easily which is why it comes out so fast. Fast Forward etc

Xypher

Well P3 Hard was more like stat buffs, RNG is considerably less in your favor, and compendium purchases were crazy expensive. Not a harder challenge in terms of tactics, just more difficult. So that's what I meant by cheap.

Again, can't comment about hard mode as I personally played on normal, but no, NG+ is not like that, it's like a typical Persona NG+ and I guess he simply skipped all dialogue, even though I feel like 15-20h is pretty short even skipping all dialogue.

It just goes to show how much content there is to experience your first time through. All dat story and stuff.

I think I got near the end of my NG+ in 15-20 hours and that was mostly dungeon crawling and time spent fusing custom Persona for the run.

Wow that's fast, if you knocked off all my time spent idle I'd still clock in at about 70 hours on my playthrough where I skipped the various story scenes.

Since this is a NG+ question I'll put it in spoiler tags to be safe:
Does going into NG+ give you some stuff that helps speed things along or is it a just a case of focusing entirely on getting through the dungeons brings it down that much.

Xypher

Wow that's fast, if you knocked off all my time spent idle I'd still clock in at about 70 hours on my playthrough where I skipped the various story scenes.

Does going into NG+ give you some stuff that helps speed things along or is it a just a case of focusing entirely on getting through the dungeons brings it down that much.

You get access to your full compendium and you can just summon higher level personas from there which helps with the dungeon crawling.

Lunar15

Get hype y'all!*

17693118_10158797477645144_2014043109_o.png

*remix of the main theme, not a spoiler.

Mashing

Is Fubayashi too long for a family name? I was thinking Hiro Fubayashi for my character name. Don't ask me where I got that last name from, it just popped into my head earlier today.

Debating if I'm going to do a harem run or not. P4G made me feel dirty doing that route though.

ScipiosDefence

Neo Member
Amazing OT dude.
I've got the collectors edition pre-ordered and it's my first Persona game. Can't wait to embark on this journey with all you lovely people.

At the end of first playthrough you collect items that give you bonuses that were in confidants, and you also keep parameters and other stuff. This link tells all: http://www.ggez.space/2016/10/27/new-game/

Opa-Pa

Hold on, there's a separate thread for confidant talk and all that? I guess I might participate in a Persona thread after all lmao (this one).

FHIZ

Friend found it in a VA Beach target, gave me the play by play of attempting to buy it, but the register popped up with a "don't sell before date" error. She was close.

Makoto Doumouto

It's the name of a fictional character from a manga within the manga Bakuman. It's a series about committing "perfect crimes" in elementary school, so in my head-canon he grew up to be a Phantom Thief.

Or I could just go with Charlie Tunoku
This is amazing, lots of respect for not only going with Bakuman (a personal fav) but also doubling down on your power levels by digging into their PCP manga, and the Charlie T reference.

...ahahaha I take my weeb hat off to you, good sir

Tsubaki Kenji

Dumb made up name I used for P3. Might as well keep the tradition going.
I like this, this is a cool name as well

Cornbread78

Hold on, there's a separate thread for confidant talk and all that? I guess I might participate in a Persona thread after all lmao (this one).

Better for people to keep on topic and discuss the game here. General character discussion is more than welcome here, however, this was the mods "shot across the bow" for people to not clog this thread up with the "waifu wars" and keep it contained elsewhere...

Good call; give them an out and hopefully it works...

bluethree

Not only is it the best Persona game, it's one of the greatest RPGS ever made. It's in my top 5 now easily. You guys are going to enjoy the hell out of this game.

Opa-Pa

Yeah, it's kind of an odd solution, but it might work well and I definitely appreciate the sentiment.

I'm perfectly fine with others wanting to focus on that aspect of the game, but there's a clear clash of interests in Persona threads and they always end up in a chaotic mix of gameplay discussion and waifu wars, and at a point it just gets unbearable. So I'm 100% fine with this.

Question for people that have played the game (post-dungeon 1 spoiler):

What relevance does the name you give your group have? Is it actually what the Phantom Thieves are called by wider society and whatnot in the story? Because I'm going with the default if that's the case.

KodaRuss

What a way to finish off this early slew of amazing games in 2017. Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorite games of all time, cannot wait to play this game.

Really impressive work cjiwakura and BRSxIgnition, fantastic OP.

It's been the longest wait for Persona 5 next to the likes of Shenmue 3 (8 years roughly? Incredible, just incredible), so this better live up to my anticipation levels.
I have a good feeling that it will. Game looks like one of the best in Atlus' history and that's really saying something for me.

これをやりましょう。
Let's do this!

Guess Who

Banned
Really impressive work cjiwakura and BRSxIgnition, fantastic OP.

It's been the longest wait for Persona 5 next to the likes of Shenmue 3, so this better live up to my anticipation levels.
I have a good feeling that it will. Game looks like one of the best in Atlus' history and that's really saying something for me.

これをやりましょう。

Just saying, I wish people would not spoiler tag stuff that's not actually a spoiler in this OT. It can feel dangerous to click stuff like this not knowing if it's just a side comment or an actual plot spoiler.

Gbraga

It was hard to decide on a name, if Nobuyoshi is too long, I'm screwed again.

Maybe Jun Seba? Akira Jimbo? Ah, fuck.

GSR

Question for people that have played the game (post-dungeon 1 spoiler):

What relevance does the name you give your group have? Is it actually what the Phantom Thieves are called by wider society and whatnot in the story? Because I'm going with the default if that's the case.

Yup. That's why I changed it to
"The Phantoms"
instead of
"The Phantom"
in the JP version, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom