• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Replaying P4G and the big difference to me between Yosuke and Ryuji is that Yosuke can actually be a real asshole to everyone (particularly Chie at the start, and Kanji once he joins), whereas Ryuji's only a jerk to Morgana. (and it's hardly one sided)

Ryuji's a bro not just towards the MC but he also can be considerate towards every other party member. (Like here and here.)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can someone tell me where to find god damn Ryuji? I'm in the
Madarame
chapter and I can't talk to Ann or Takemi yet, and I want to up my confidants. He's not outside the classroom or at the arcade.

Confidants wont be around to chill everyday.

Press square on the subway map (R1) to see which Confidants are available and it even shows if they'll level up.

NSESN

I was thinking, between Dagda and Joker Xander Mobus really impressed me with his VA. I thought he would forever be known as the Smash 4 announcer guy.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was thinking, between Dagda and Joker Xander Mobus really impressed me with his VA. I thought he would forever be known as the Smash 4 announcer guy.

Wait Joker is Dagda? AND SMASH 4 ANNOUNCER? WTF!!!

What the hell do you put on your shelves? I'm in September and even the doll from the crane game doesn't go there.

Gifts your friends give you

Fjordson

Ryuji is like Yosuke. They're both annoying and immature but they have heart and they're the ones who pushed the MC into progressing through the beginning. So while I know people hate them both, they're critical to the plot.

Personally, I like them both.
I love both of them. Ryuji shows himself to be surprisingly considerate at times and Yosuke's bluntness was hilarious in P4.

vypek

The last puzzles in palace 5 didn't seem bad at all. They doors are color coded. Only one section took ne a few minutes to do cause I didn't get the order right at first

Some doors are just like lights out and switch the other door

JBwB

What the hell do you put on your shelves? I'm in September and even the doll from the crane game doesn't go there.

If you hang out at certain places with the right confidant they'll give you a gift that you can use to decorate your room with (e.g. Ann can give you a chocolate fountain if you hang out with her at the buffet).

You can make the room look really nice if you manage to receive decorations for all the available spots.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Played both lol. I did just fine in P3 by just going up until the gates in 1 day and just doing all of the social link stuff until a full moon came. I sorta did the same with P5 once I got the best SP Regen items. I did the palaces all in 1 day and just did confidant stuff all of the other days. Until of course, I got a Mementos "lock" on them, and that was when I moved on to the next character.

I'm curious how your time was spent otherwise since most of your confidants would be unfinished and you never took time there, I don't even know how you could fill in the rest.

You missed a ton of really good abilities by ignoring it all game. You can't even start two of them without it...

Oh, in the list of things that carry over to NG+ Better Fishing Rods do. Which is kind of whatever but it might help you get enough points to get enough black cloths to finish itemizing everything in a second playthrough (including Tantric Oath for all males and Lucifer Guard for all females(, if you have DLC)).

Most of the outdoor Confidants aren't around when it rains (Mishima is an exception as he has apparently mastered the mighty Umbrella).

Kawakami is usually available on Rainy Nights even if they aren't part of her normal schedule.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
As my compendium collection starts growing it's becoming more difficult to keep track of which personas were already been captured and which weren't. Is there a cue I'm missing, while battling/negotiating?

Guess Who

Banned
As my compendium collection starts growing it's becoming more difficult to keep track of which personas were already been captured and which weren't. Is there a cue I'm missing, while battling/negotiating?

Enemy Personas that you haven't captured will have a "description" as their name when you analyze them; ones that you already have will show their proper names.

pixxxelz

The real final boss in this game is that fucking guardian of the pond, damn! I don't remember the one in persona 4 being this hard to catch. At least I can forget about him now that I finally caught it.

Anyone who bought the skins/costumes dlc regret it? Im starting a second playthrough tomorrow and I want the Catherine dlc so bad, but $7 is a fucking lot.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone who bought the skins/costumes dlc regret it? Im starting a second playthrough tomorrow and I want the Catherine dlc so bad, but $7 is a fucking lot.

I think I would be more inclined to buy the DLC if the game had a "shuffle" mode, where any of the DLC songs could play instead of last surprise without you needing to wear the costumes. Honestly though the only DLC I might consider getting is the P3 or P4DAN one since mass destruction and reach out to the truth are burned into my head and I just love listening to them.

Lusankya

The real final boss in this game is that fucking guardian of the pond, damn! I don't remember the one in persona 4 being this hard to catch. At least I can forget about him now that I finally caught it.

There is some kind of cheap trick, but I managed without just using a slightly upgraded rod.

Trick (gameplay "spoilers"):
Throw the bait into the pond so the Guardian reacts to and swims towards it, before it bites reel in the bait and throw it into the pond again. Using this tactic try to lure the Guardian to the very edge of the pond (near you). This way you can catch him super quickly once he actually bites.

mingo

So I finally finished this yesterday with the good ending. Took 101hrs. I only maxed out 3 confidants. Overall I enjoyed it but I still prefer P4G. Not sure if I will NG+ as there seems to be a silly amount of games to go through!

So after 8/1 and fourth palace
I keep getting waken up by confidants wanting to hang but I'm only getting slink points, no opportunities to level up slinks. I feel like after the fifth day in a row I may be making a mistake by accepting these requests and blowing my day.
What say you gaf?

Zafir

LOL - after reading about the awkward Valentine's Day scene, I avoided romance. The "no romance" Valentine's Day scene is epic.

I honestly think the boys hang out event scenes are overall better than the romance event ones.

The romances ones are often mehh, and once you've seen one you've seen them all because they tend to reuse the same structure:

- Walking on the beach getting garlic shrimp
- Calling out the girl on the stage in the festival
- Lying to the girl about everything being okay on Christmas eve,
- Drinking coffee over valentines day with the exact same conversation topics for everyone

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

I bought the SMT IV DLC, and now wish I'd bought one with a bit more variety (Catherine, or the DAN set). It looks great but it seem a bit of a waste that everyone looks the same - although the Burroughs outfit for Morgana is brilliant, and Makoto pretty much looks exactly like Isabeau.

I've enjoyed hearing the first 3 seconds of the battle theme as well (NG+).

kromeo

Just out of interest, what's the punishment for romancing multiple characters?

If there can only be one I'm thinking Makoto at the moment

So after 8/1 and fourth palace
I keep getting waken up by confidants wanting to hang but I'm only getting slink points, no opportunities to level up slinks. I feel like after the fifth day in a row I may be making a mistake by accepting these requests and blowing my day.
What say you gaf?

You probably are unless you needed to hang out the Confidant to level up and they boost a useful stat, the inability to Fortune the stat boost without loosing the commitment bonus hurts. They are only really useful if you make lots of bad dialogue choices and play on because your team mate S-Links almost never requires more than 1 hangout with optimal answers (most require so little note that a single Affinity Reading pushes you over).

I wonder how many people ignored tartarus until they realized the main story events out leveled the hell out of them?
How does one ignore Tartarus or any of the other added dungeon areas? I know the first time I played P3 I didn't fuse my Personas that often, which I had to remedy by I think close to the mid way point, but it was easy enough to play catch up Persona wise. Now not level grinding in Tartarus just sounds like "Just restart the fucking play through" territory.

JBwB

The guardian in P5 is child's play compared to the the two types in P4G though.

I'm honestly really surprised some of you are struggling with it. Fishing is so damn easy in this game.

Top Bottom