• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

JBwB

Video game trophy just because of the button sequence

Yeah, out of all the trophies this was the most annoying to acquire. Oddly enough I didn't have a problem with the button sequences.

The dice games on the other hand... I can't remember how many times I had to reload to get a good roll haha.

Yeah, out of all the trophies this was the most annoying to acquire. Oddly enough I didn't have a problem with the button sequences.

The dice games on the other hand... I can't remember how many times I had to reload to get a good roll haha.
uggh yea, fuck the dice games. Only one I used the cheat book on.

vypek

That was easy for me but mainly cuz I played a lot of fighting games. I would consider it top 3 hardest trophy because of the final fighting game sequence.

I'll consider that one tough as well but not cause of the fighting game ones but the one about the train. I'm just supposed to luck out on the dice rolls? That was annoying. Had to reload a couple of times.

I caught the guardian of the pond in two or three days. I didn't buy the rod I thought I would need to. The essence of fishing book helped a lot and having the right lure quickly was good.

Zafir

Yeah I think I'd agree with that.

For anyone who doesn't have experience in fighting games, I could see that causing quite a lot of frustration. I mean those kind of inputs cause people loads of frustration when trying to get into fighting games, lol.

I lucked out with the dice rolls. Managed to get the right numbers without reloading.

Same, on both my runs even. I had to do all of the games twice besides the button mashing one I think because I ran out of time on my first playthrough. :(

That was easy for me but mainly cuz I played a lot of fighting games. I would consider it top 3 hardest trophy because of the final fighting game sequence.
That final sequence. Once I got it though, GG 2EZ
first try there as well... 632146+D all day every day
Solo'd first try just like with Dark Souls 1-3. Git gud
Yeah I think I'd agree with that.

For anyone who doesn't have experience in fighting games, I could see that causing quite a lot of frustration. I mean those kind of inputs cause people loads of frustration when trying to get into fighting games, lol.
Wait, those are actual inputs!?!? And people do them so quickly in matches??

vypek

I just used the cheat book so I don't know if it gave me more time or made the combos more simple but the rolling input felt familiar to what I did in Bloody Roar when I was younger

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I beat every luck based game by just mashing the button as fast as I could. Without fail the first roll won.

That final sequence. Once I got it though, GG 2EZ

Solo'd first try just like with Dark Souls 1-3. Git gud

Wait, those are actual inputs!?!? And people do them so quickly in matches??
yes they very much are lol, thats why said "632146+D", thats the common notation used for them in a lot of anime styled fighting games.

"Half circle backward > forward > button" is a common super input. "quarter circle forward + button" is usual fireball. Those are the only two I remember popping up in the challenges. No DP motion (forward, down, downforward).

And I honestly dont think it takes much effort to get used to doing the motions quickly and consistently in fighting games. I picked up GGXX when I was 15 and started doing the 632146 motion for Chipp's super on a pad no problem. It was actual comboing and other mechanics I couldnt do back then.

I found the Guardian easy (easier than P4s got it on my 2nd fishing trip / first attempt to catch it). But I found Power Intuition 3 close to impossible, the inputs just drop all the fricking time, and it ended up with me using a variety of stupidly unnatural grips for over 8 fricking hours before I managed to get something​ that let me get it all through. I've played fighting games before and I've never played one with input that sensitive on a controller so unsuited to it (and that gives no feedback on what the game thinks you're trying to input).

The Cheat book really doesn't help at a either since all it does is increase the time for inputs by 5 seconds but if you don't hit the combo in the first 10, you're probably so out of synch you aren't getting it in another 5. It would have been a much bigger help if it had loosened the timing between inputs or showed what input the game was reading (having no idea what I was doing wrong was by far the worst part for me and I still have no god damn idea).

kromeo

Is there some way to get memento requests other than just being given them automatically by Mishima? I keep seeing people say they have too much money from them but I think there's only been 6 so far. I'm between palaces 3 and 4

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Not sure if I should stay in this thread because I don't know how spoilery it is at this point. I just finished the third palace and it's starting to look like the next
character is Futaba

I'm surprised at how much I like Ryuji so far. I think he's my favorite "first friend you make" character when compared to Junpei and Yosuke. Yeah, he's a hothead and kinda dumb, but he's got heart and is surprisingly mature about some things.

Plus I think his voice actor is fantastic. Seriously, his VA is one of the best game voice acting performances I've seen. He fucking NAILS every line and it's awesome.

LiK

Is there some way to get memento requests other than just being given them automatically by Mishima? I keep seeing people say they have too much money from them but I think there's only been 6 so far. I'm between palaces 3 and 4

Some of them involve the
Confidants when you reach certain ranks.

Zesh

You'll also get requests from some confidants once you raise them to a certain rank (usually around 7-8).

Confidants will usually have one around Rank 6-8. But it's not from just beating them you get money. Its by
Confusing certain Request bosses who are vulnerable to it and using a high Luck persona (which effects the money thrown by confused enemies a lot (a 99 Luck Persona results in some request bosses throwing ~150 k each time they throw money.

LiK

Not sure if I should stay in this thread because I don't know how spoilery it is at this point. I just finished the third palace and it's starting to look like the next
character is Futaba

I'm surprised at how much I like Ryuji so far. I think he's my favorite "first friend you make" character when compared to Junpei and Yosuke. Yeah, he's a hothead and kinda dumb, but he's got heart and is surprisingly mature about some things.

Plus I think his voice actor is fantastic. Seriously, his VA is one of the best game voice acting performances I've seen. He fucking NAILS every line and it's awesome.

Yup, you could tell he was way into it.

I've played fighting games before and I've never played one with input that sensitive on a controller so unsuited to it (and that gives no feedback on what the game thinks you're trying to input).
I did the exact same motion I do for Blazblue on a DS4 and got it the first try. It worked out very well for fighting game inputs.

Bluecondor

I honestly think the boys hang out event scenes are overall better than the romance event ones.

LOL - ya - you're right. The boy hangout scenes do feel very authentic. I work with a lot of kids that are Ryuji's age. I feel like I overhear these types of conversations all the time.

Bluecondor

Eh, why do people advise against it then?

After hearing about the 2/14 multiple romance cutscene, I realized that I didn't want my MC to do this. Just based on the dialogue choices I have made all throghout the game, he's not that kind-of-guy and these girls/women are his teammates.

If I ever do an NG+ playthrough, maybe I'll have the MC be cynical in his responses and make him a player. :)

Zafir

I think they should have probably been a bit more lenient with the timing in Power Intuition level 3. Due to it not being very lenient, it was frankly nigh impossible to do on my Razer Raiju which has 4 individual buttons instead of a proper d-pad.

Honestly I feel like if they do make Persona 5 Crimson or whatever for the Switch, they'd have to make it easier since the joycons also have 4 individual buttons instead of a d-pad. You shouldn't have to buy a pro controller just do side content in a game, lol.

Palace 5 boss was kinda lame. 1 and 4 may be my favorites so far.

It's not great. I remember
freaking out about struggling slightly with the final robot, thinking Okumura would be the real boss afterwards and then beating it and being like "Oh... that's it?"
. It's pretty underwhelming and not very satisfying.

Zafir

Are you guys talking about a game in the arcade? How does the ability to play at the arcade unlock anyway? Is it through Ryuji?

Nah.

You can buy a retro game console from the second hand shop, and then buy games for it from there as well as the shop in Akihabara.

broz0rs

I can't decide whether Kawakami's English VA is good or bad. She has this somewhat folksy speech delivery that's kinda cute, and by the time you're near maxing out her social she starts speaking in this sexually thirsty voice that just kills me every time.

LiK

I can't decide whether Kawakami's English VA is good or bad. She has this somewhat folksy speech delivery that's kinda cute, and by the time you're near maxing out her social she starts speaking in this sexually thirsty voice that just kills me every time.

LOL, I think it being awkward was intentional.

It's pretty amazing. I was disappointed with Tae's rank 10 because the English VA's delivery is bone dry. Like when she talks about giving Joker "a full examination", there isn't a trace of innuendo in her voice.

But then you get to Kawakami and it was like the director told her "alright, so you're a teacher and you REALLY want to fuck your student and you are completely fine with this." It's hilarious.

Wait, is it true that it's the same English VA? That would've been more amazing if Yukari became a teacher.
Their voice isn't the only thing they have in common :p
tumblr_ms7i8bu2Lu1rxaca7o1_500.gif

Is lv 44 good for the Palace 5 boss? I'm like two levels above the average with mostly 40is level Personas currently. If I need to grind I have plenty of time since I still have about two weeks open to me to do so.

Is lv 44 good for the Palace 5 boss? I'm like two levels above the average with mostly 40is level Personas currently. If I need to grind I have plenty of time since I still have about two weeks open to me to do so.

Yeah. If you're looking at the average then you're fine. Just make sure you can exploit weaknesses.

Top Bottom