• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Honestly the only line that stuck out in my 100+ hours of this game was very early on where one of the dialogue options for talking to sojiro is "please take care of me"

That's probably the only time I was actually like "this is some amateur hour shit", I knew that the intent of line was basically supposed to be a snarky way of saying "i'm going to pretend to be oblivious to the fact that you're probably the guy i'm looking for, so i am going to pretend i am just a customer and ask if you can take my order"

Other than that I don't think I ever noticed many of the gripes people talk about, especially after kamoshida's palace. Not once during any other moment in the game, did I feel like I had to reread a line because it was just a disaster of translation like I did at the beginning.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is there an event that will force me to find a job, or it completely optional, thus potentially missable? It's 5/16 and the game has left a couple of hints about looking for one.

So I'm at 11/16, 2 days before I send the calling card for Palace 7:
About how much free time do I have left? I've only fully leveled Strength and
Priestess. Most of the teammates are at 7-8, I almost maxed Temper but I heard Fortune provides really good perks? Will I at least be able to Max teammate Confidants?

pixxxelz

Is there an event that will force me to find a job, or it completely optional, thus potentially missable? It's 5/16 and the game has left a couple of hints about looking for one.

Look for the ¥ signs on the underground walkway in shibuya

So I'm at 11/16, 2 days before I send the calling card for Palace 7:
About how much free time do I have left? I've only fully leveled Strength and
Priestess. Most of the teammates are at 7-8, I almost maxed Temper but I heard Fortune provides really good perks? Will I at least be able to Max teammate Confidants?
definitively, you have
about a month left.

Potentially missable. Check the underground walkway in Shibuya. There are racks with job fliers in them scattered throughout the area.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Do you wanna get married someday?

"Of course."

*In a relationship with half the Confidants*

🎶YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING🎶

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

One of the confidants only starts after you've worked 2 of the available jobs.

Also I guess this one is a bit hidden but working at each of the jobs twice unlocks a mementos mission.

One of the confidants only starts after you've worked 2 of the available jobs.

Also I guess this one is a bit hidden but working at each of the jobs twice unlocks a mementos mission.

Its not really hidden, Mishima sends you a request which pretty much tells you which job to work at for each request and guy have to work at them twice after you get the message anyway. Not sure if you need to do the special first shift in addition since I did it before the requests.

You also have to work at the Beef Bowl shop for Yoshida, I'm pretty sure that's the only requirement.

Do skills like lowering the chance of taking a critical stack with multiple personas?

Everything except the Social Link benefit of a Persona applies only when the Persona is equipped so no you can't stack across Persona.

So I'm in the End game and only have 1 confidant that isn't a party member or story related maxed out. My first person game and I honestly don't know how people can max out EVERYONE. Maybe I wasted to much time.

So I'm in the End game and only have 1 confidant that isn't a party member or story related maxed out. My first person game and I honestly don't know how people can max out EVERYONE. Maybe I wasted to much time.

imo, that's the best way to play. Having a bunch of new social link scenes to go through adds significantly to the replay value, and taking your time lets you immerse yourself better.

I went for the social link completionist route, and I kind of regret it. I barely touched fishing, videogames, batting, exercise, etc, and I've only got a few social link scenes that I haven't seen.

JBwB

Since it's your first Persona game it'd be very unlikely that you'd be able to do so on your first playthrough, especially if you aren't using a guide.

You can always max them out if you decide to continue on to NG+.

Hazmat

I didn't max out many in my first Persona (P3FES) even straight-up missing one or two. You probably used your time inefficiently from the get-go, but all that matters is that you had a good time. You'll do better on your next one if you want to stick with the series.

Alright so I thought i'd ask but I picked up a job magazine about 50 hours in... didn't even check the magazines ever but now it says I can make money out of it. I only got 3k yen for one night.... is having a job valuable? Which job should I look at? I got the Beef Bowl one. It also says I can raise stats from them. Can I alternate jobs freely?

Hazmat

Alright so I thought i'd ask but I picked up a job magazine about 50 hours in... didn't even check the magazines ever but now it says I can make money out of it. I only got 3k yen for one night.... is having a job valuable? Which job should I look at? I got the Beef Bowl one. It also says I can raise stats from them. Can I alternate jobs freely?

The jobs aren't worth it for the money and aren't really worth it for the stats either. Working some jobs is needed as a part of some Mementos requests and another is needed to start a Confidant. I know you need the first stage of the Mementos requests to get working the job to trigger the actual dungeon portion of the request, but I'm not sure about the Confidant.

You can apply for and hold all the jobs and work them whenever you want (if it's your shift, the convenience store is an afternoon job for example).

Keep working at the Beef Bowl. Sounds like you haven't obtained Sun's Confidant D:

Do you wanna get married someday?

"Of course."

*Romanced Confidant visibly disliking the idea of marriage.

Imagine the tears.

Realistically, Haru would love to get married, Makoto may find it limiting and secondary to her career goal, Futaba would probably idolize the idea in her head, while Ann would 'see where things went' (but secretly like the idea.)

The jobs aren't worth it for the money and aren't really worth it for the stats either. Working some jobs is needed as a part of some Mementos requests and another is needed to start a Confidant. I know you need the first stage of the Mementos requests to get working the job to trigger the actual dungeon portion of the request, but I'm not sure about the Confidant.

You can apply for and hold all the jobs and work them whenever you want (if it's your shift, the convenience store is an afternoon job for example).

Oh I see... damn I must be missing some confidants then. Is that why the Politician in Shibuya is greyed out for me?

Keep working at the Beef Bowl. Sounds like you haven't obtained Sun's Confidant D:

Interesting.... hopefully I have time to level this confidant.

Hazmat

Oh I see... damn I must be missing some confidants then. Is that why the Politician in Shibuya is greyed out for me?

Interesting.... hopefully I have time to level this confidant.

I don't know what if anything triggers it, but eventually working 2-3 times at the Beef Bowl place will unlock the politician Confidant (Sun arcana).

Hey I'm curious I'm at the space palace and want to know what percent of the way through the game I am? Loving it so far :)

You're at Palace 5 of 8. Assuming you've been keeping relatively up to date in Mementos you're about halfway through. Since the last few palaces are longer and the plot starts to go into overdrive soon.

Clocking 81 hours now and in Palace 6. Max rank with Chariot, Moon, Temperance and Death, one more rank fox max Sun. I'm going to focus now Lovers and Regent cause they are rank 7 and 8.

Fortune is so OP.

Dee Dee

Oh, this thread is in Community now! I was wondering where it had gone.

Also:
Man, I really wish I hadn't had the
Igor/Twins
(endgame spoilers) ruined for me, this would have really fucked with my mind.

Why exactly do I click on spoilers? Why?

Either way, this is my first Persona and I had to borrow a friend's PS4 for it - and I have to return the PS4 this weekend despite only making it just until the 6th Palace. Woe is me.
I used a guide, trying to optimize my (only) run, so some stuff I have an idea about. For example I checked what I needed to achieve the true ending, so while I'm missing all the context, I kinda knew something was up concerning the above spoiler.

I might end up buying a PS4 and returning it within 2 weeks with the usual return policies just to finish this game...

JBwB

Clocking 81 hours now and in Palace 6. Max rank with Chariot, Moon, Temperance and Death, one more rank fox max Sun. I'm going to focus now Lovers and Regent cause they are rank 7 and 8.

Fortune is so OP.

Just FYI you need to get that last rank for the Sun confidant before you finish Palace 6.

muteki

Wasted a day heading into mementos for a confidant request and after drilling down as far as I could go turns out it was in the next area and I don't have the request yet that opens the door. ugh.

Also, no way am I getting the Sun link in time if that is the deadline. Oh well.

Arrrammis

I got the sun confidant to rank 10 during the second palace, it really feels like his perks kinda break the game on your first playthrough, especially in the early palaces.
Once you get the ability to get capture personas above your own level it gets silly, I was using a lvl. 55 persona when I was still lvl. 43. It does make it easier to fill up the collection though.

Lagamorph

I really wish the soundtrack was available digitally on Amazon or something.
I only want a few tracks, but all I can find is the entire 3 disc album which is going to cost about £35 to get from CDJapan.

Just FYI you need to get that last rank for the Sun confidant before you finish Palace 6.

Rly? Thx for the info

I have finished palace 5, just rank 5'd that guy. What are my odds of achieving this?
He auto-ranks whenever you talk to him, pretty easy

I got the sun confidant to rank 10 during the second palace, it really feels like his perks kinda break the game on your first playthrough, especially in the early palaces.
Once you get the ability to get capture personas above your own level it gets silly, I was using a lvl. 55 persona when I was still lvl. 43. It does make it easier to fill up the collection though.

Tbh I'm doing that simply by strengthening them with Gallows. Kaguya is lvl 58 and Izanami Picaro 55 (and I'm 46_

Never did crosswords, so was looking at the crossword solution out of curiosity, two caught my attention

So why are
"Ryoko Shukaku"
and
"Powered by Translate"
answers?? Everything else is related to coffee or is at least a simple noun. What the hell is even a "
Ryoko Shukaku
" anyway? Google searching only brings up Persona 5's crossword solution. How would anyone not knowing Japanese would even get that??

Edit: Oh My God. I just checked spwiki (every English language site just lists the answers with absolutely no context) and apparently "
Ryoko Shukaku"
's counterpart in the original Japanese version is
修学旅行
, ie School Trip (Shuugaku Ryoukou). One thing,
ryoko shukaku
is a very inaccurate romanization, and how in the hell is an English-speaking gamer supposed to get that answer even if the romanization is correct? Can someone provide the context for this question in the English version? The only reason I could think of is if they made it someone's name.

Edit2: Also the Japanese version has 21 puzzles while English just has 15 apparently. Although I don't blame them, translating the puzzles must've been hell. Regrettably that means we don't get crossword puzzles involving Personas.

Link: http://spwiki.net/persona5/wikis/121.html

Anyone did the crossword puzzles in English can provide any context please?

vypek

on a table in the cafe.

Oh my goodness. I've been trying to take my sweet time in the game and look around at everything and I never even knew this. :/ Better save it for NG+ cause I'm pretty sure I'm in the home stretch of the game and can't exit where I am.

Cess007

Is my S. Link with Soujiro broken at Rank 4 or I'm am missing something? I'm about to send the card for Palace 6 and every time I talk with him (I've talked with him like 4 times), I always get the message that "I don't think my bond will deepen just yet".

I know there was a block on Soujiro S. Link, but I was supposed to have passed that already.

In other things, Makoto is now my lady <3

Opa-Pa

Is my S. Link with Soujiro broken at Rank 4 or I'm am missing something? I'm about to send the card for Palace 6 and every time I talk with him (I've talked with him like 4 times), I always get the message that "I don't think my bond will deepen just yet".

I know there was a block on Soujiro S. Link, but I was supposed to have passed that already.

If you didn't get any points with him while it was locked, it'll probably still take you a while longer to rank up. It has a lock, but also a high point requirement to make it to rank 5. You should try making coffee instead.

He's just super slow to level up from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 (it's to discourage people from hitting the date based block super early in the game).

Thewonandonly

You're at Palace 5 of 8. Assuming you've been keeping relatively up to date in Mementos you're about halfway through. Since the last few palaces are longer and the plot starts to go into overdrive soon.
Whew damn people weren't Lying when they said this games were big. 60 hours in an inky half way :O

Cess007

If you didn't get any points with him while it was locked, it'll probably still take you a while longer to rank up. It has a lock, but also a high point requirement to make it to rank 5. You should try making coffee instead.

He's just super slow to level up from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 (it's to discourage people from hitting the date based block super early in the game).

Damn, I should have spend some time with him before. Thanks for the info, guess it's time to make coffee until I like it lol

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Edit2: Also the Japanese version has 21 puzzles while English just has 15 apparently. Although I don't blame them, translating the puzzles must've been hell. Regrettably that means we don't get crossword puzzles involving Personas.

Link: http://spwiki.net/persona5/wikis/121.html

Anyone did the crossword puzzles in English can provide any context please?

For some reason this reminded me of the fact that the first two letters of every persona needed to fuse izanagi no okami in p4 spells out isanagi no okami with like two extra bits that in japanese mean "to create".

Top Bottom