• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 PS4/PS3 comparison screens

CrisKre

What?! Its not 60fps on PS4? but they look identical....

That makes me sad. I still can´t wait to play it though.

Ramune

A friend of mine told me that if PS3 emulators improve, the PS3 version might end up being the secret best version. I know he is in no rush to upgrade to a PS4, and I laughed but...maybe...

SandTorso

Wow, the ps3 version still looks fantastic! Guess I can scrape along without buying a new console for a little while longer!

silentQ

The more I see this game, I really think it might be the tipping point to get a PS4. Wow though those PS3 screenshots look fantastic. I am really torn.

magawolaz

That was the first thing I checked. Animations and the battle scenes are not running at 60fps. I don't even see any interpolation there
yeah every frame gets repeated. It's 30fps people, they just re-encoded the videos to achieve a better bitrate for YouTube

mrlion

I also look for a source that says it runs on 60 fps. The videos that OP posted are indeed 60p videos but the game itself isn't running at that framerate. Why they decided to convert their videos to 60p is pretty strange but the game isn't running at 60 fps.

I hope the confirmation that the game runs at 60 wasn't that the video on YouTube has hd 60 fps, because there have been plenty of instances of games guaranteed to run at 30 fps having 60 fps videos

Is there any actual proof/confirmation of the 60fps yet?

None yet. OP jumped to conclusions based on that 60fps Youtube video. To be fair, PS3 and PS4 versions look virtually identical save for the resolution so I would expect P5 to run at 60fps on PS4. It probably won't but yeah, PS4 version does look like a 1080p PS3 game and no more than that if we're being honest.

BigEmil

A friend of mine told me that if PS3 emulators improve, the PS3 version might end up being the secret best version. I know he is in no rush to upgrade to a PS4, and I laughed but...maybe...
Yeah no emulators with innacurate visuals and especially very off bad audio emulation and all never beats the native game

mrlion

Yeah no emulators with innacurate visuals and especially very off bad audio emulation and all never beats the native game

I disagree. Emulators have become so accurate nowadays. Maybe it was true about 7-10 years ago but emulators have surpassed their native system. Although the PS3 emulator is still long ways to go, if it were to be on the same level as the other emus then yes Persona 5 would've been best on that emulator.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is this another instance of GAF not being able to tell the difference between 60 and 30fps unless told, or is it actually 60fps?

Naw, I'd never touch a native gamecube game these days, I even bought a gamecube again some years back and was like ew fuck this. But dolphin? All the time, that shit looks goooood, threw that gamecube in the trash.

Gaffi

Is this another instance of GAF not being able to tell the difference between 60 and 30fps unless told, or is it actually 60fps?
Going by the video and my eyes, UI and portraits look to be 60 but the models look 30. Which makes me interested b/c if the menus and such can be 60fps, does that indicate that the game engine isnt the problem and could be easily unlocked to do locked 60 on ps4pro at the least???

Slaythe

Best we can hope for is a PS4 Pro version @ 60.

That is if they even have to do a patch for PS4 Pro.

The only games that will run at 60 FPS on PRO are the games that already are designed to run at 60 FPS on ps4. (at least until they start designed Pro games with the gpu in mind)

No exception.

Or it won't be 60 FPs locked.

jett

D-Member
The only games that will run at 60 FPS on PRO are the games that already are designed to run at 60 FPS on ps4. (at least until they start designed Pro games with the gpu in mind)

No exception.

Or it won't be 60 FPs locked.

That's only for multiplayer.

Persona 5 is without a doubt my most anticipated game, but I have a question:

Can someone explain to me the interest in 60fps for this game? Is there some indication that it's going to be fast paced and require quicker inputs? I've never once thought that a Persona title would benefit from 60fps.

Honestly, I'd much rather them put the work into improving IQ for a title like this. Someone explain to me what I'm missing. (I fully understand the benefits of 60fps, I have a gaming PC, but I'm not seeing it for this type of game.)

Memento

Can someone explain to me the interest in 60fps for this game? Is there some indication that it's going to be fast paced and require quicker inputs? I've never once thought that a Persona title would benefit from 60fps.

Honestly, I'd much rather them put the work into improving IQ for a title like this. Someone explain to me what I'm missing. (I fully understand the benefits of 60fps, I have a gaming PC, but I'm not seeing it for this type of game.)

I agree.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

i think its the fact that its a number that's better than the other number is what gets people hyped, even if it doesn't really matter to the game itself.

There's tons of placebo effect in every direction in regards to misconceptions in game design.

brawly

1080p/60fps is always exciting to me, especially with those screenshots.

But yeah, as I said on a previous page, 30 fps is fine.

N30RYU

Gold Member

Well the PS4 game is more actually a remaster so 1080/60 should be the norm 'cause great IQ should be easily done even more with that cartoon style, so the other thing they can improve is the fps

napata

Your post says otherwise.

There is more to preferring higher fps than input lag. You could see FPS as temporal resolution. With 60 fps you're getting twice as much information compared to 30 fps. Thus a 60 fps game looks better a 30 fps game. Just like a 4k game looks better than a 1080p game.

Top Bottom