• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Review Thread

mollipen

Ma... Makoto-senpai.

C8MwQh-UQAQ8tUm.jpg

AwShucks

So do we all agree that P5 is probably the end of the hot streak? Zelda, Nier, Horizon and this all coming out in ~1 month window, nothing else this crazy good coming out in the next little bit?

This will probably tide me over until FFXIV Stormblood and if that's anywhere near as good as Heavensward then the hot streak for me doesn't end until late summer.

So do we all agree that P5 is probably the end of the hot streak? Zelda, Nier, Horizon and this all coming out in ~1 month window, nothing else this crazy good coming out in the next little bit?

We need a break: I bought For Honor, Nioh, Nier: Automata and have yet to get Breath of the Wild. And I'm not counting my preorders of FFXII and Little Nightmares; and then one of the best games of the original Xbox is coming as well: Phantom Dust and then Splatoon 2... so I guess I have enough games for the whole year. But If they somehow manage to release Xenoblade 2 in 2017... it'll be just too much.

I wonder if there's something else coming that somehow avoided detection.

Ma... Makoto-senpai.

Makoto gonna gain quite a few fans with this one lol.

144934-Rebel-Wilson-no-wink-gif-Imgur-Culc.gif

I hate that this is coming out the same year as Zelda and Nier.

GOTY thread will be a BLOODBATH I tell you.

Imagine if RDR 2 drops this year too.

Fucking hell, I'm already having enough trouble with BotW vs. Horizon vs. Nier Automata for GotY, and I know Persona 5 will surely be up there as well. Add in RDR2 and I give up. Er, please delay until 2018? For the sake of my sanity, Rockstar?

Strimei

Makoto is right up there with Goro in terms of being super badass, and just cool. Yusuke is really interesting as well, I recommend doing his cooperations.

I planned my party to be Makoto, Goro, and Yusuke, so seems to me that I'm set.

(Though maybe switch out Goro for a healer if he can't heal)

Man they've all been bangers and I've got a feeling that Prey is going to continue the streak.

Mass Effect has been the only duffer so far this year.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Prey in May (Im not a rapper). I have a feeling that will turn out really well, especially after Dishonored 2 knocked it out of the park (88 Metacritic). Guessing 85+ MC.

June has Crash trilogy and Tekken 7. The good games just keep coming.

Me with NieR: Automata. 11 hours in and haven't even gotten the A ending because I wanna do a lot of the sidequests because I'm that guy. Scared I won't finish before the 4th. :(

But Persona 5 takes priority over everything.

"11 hours in"

"Haven't even gotten the A ending"

I'm nearing 20 hours in and not even halfway done with Route A. I just, just unlocked fast travel.

I'll play Persona in June, I guess?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
"11 hours in"

I'm nearing 20 hours in and not even halfway done with Route A. I just, just unlocked fast travel.

Whats taking you so long, sidequests?

I'm like 5 hours in and unlocked fast travel.

Whats taking you so long, sidequests?

I'm like 5 hours in and unlocked fast travel.

I've spared no expense attempting to complete every sidequest that becomes available. I've also spent time just exploring areas, picking up loot, and searching for chests. I spend a lot of time rearranging chips. That's actually my biggest disappointment. How easy it is to fully upgrade your space and how limited it still feels. I did it, like, before I reached the amusement park. Maybe the way I'm playing has thrown off the game balance? But some side quests are still wayyyyy above my level so I don't feel, like, over-leveled or anything.

I think the biggest time sink is literally just not realizing that I would be unlocking fast travel and running from one end of the map to the other and back again. Over and over and over.

"11 hours in"

I just got fast travel, so I guess I am going faster in comparison haha, makes me feel better. But I mainly advanced the story so I could grind levels out a bit because some of the side quests were getting a little out of my level range. I really want to finish it, but realistically I probably won't. It's probably fine, it took me two years to beat the original NIER. Finally finished it this past weekend. Hope not to give it the same treatment, but Persona being my favorite series take precedence haha.

Beartruck

Only characters I see not appealing to me are haru and futaba. Will be curious to see whether that turns out true by the end of the game.
I love Futaba's phantom thief frog suit costume. Probably my favorite of the Persona navigators so far (Teddie doesn't count because hes eventually playable).

Bronetta

To BRSxIgnition or anyone who may know:

Has the OT title been decided?

mollipen

Google tells me Lupin the Third is an anime so I guess it's referencing that.

"Arsène Lupin is a fictional gentleman thief and master of disguise created by French writer Maurice Leblanc."

Lupin the 3rd is then an anime based around his supposed grandson.

Man, I bought Persona 3 on Vita (I already played P4G, love it) to get me into the spirit but I'm really not feeling it. Just the beginning doesn't feel as good as Persona 4 and I don't like the fact that my character is not modeled like in the sequel.
Play P3 FES, seriously.

Like in P4 the entire world is 3D instead of wallpapers (the only thing 3D in P3 Portable is the dungeons, the visually most bland and boring part of the game), the game actually has all the Anime cutscenes (which are awesome and are completely cut from the Portable Version), bunch of extra content similarly to Golden for P4 and a 10 hour epilogue on top of it.

The only thing Portable offers is full direct party control (unnecessary because the tactic system Works well enough if you actually bother changing tactics which doesn't take more time than direct commands anyway) and the option to Play as female Main character which is best done as a second playthrough anyway.

Boggles my mind that people recommend Portable over FES for newcomers, they lose Out massively when it comes to presentation (like Most of the game taking place in an actual, breathing 3D world instead of static pictures) and the Anime cutscenes when Portable is much better experienced as a second playthrough by its very Nature.

tumblr_static_image.jpg

Google tells me Lupin the Third is an anime so I guess it's referencing that.

OT FAQ said:
What's with the OT Title?
You can thank PersonaGAF member daevious for that gem.

Arsene Lupin is a famous fictional 'gentleman thief' as well as the basis for the Protagonists' starting persona. The character has also inspired a classic anime series called 'Lupin the 3rd.'​

(^Taken from the OT^)

I feel like we've all failed as a community if that's the best we could come up with.

It was a put to a vote and won with more votes than the next two best options combined.

Top Bottom