• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal Info Coming on July 11; In-Game Reason Why Guns Get Reloaded After Battle Explained

Mista

Banned
persona-5-royal-haru-is-super-cute-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Atlus announced the next episode of Morgana’s Report will be streamed on July 11 at 18:00 JST. There are plenty of things that were revealed about Persona 5 Royal but still undetailed, like the Velvet Room’s new Fusion Alarm function, so we might learn more during this stream.

Surprisingly, Atlus also revealed that there’s an actual story reason behind one of Persona 5 Royal’s biggest changes in gameplay, how guns will get their bullets back after each battle.
Note that the following can be considered spoilers if you’ve never played the original Persona 5.

Atlus published a short video on Twitter from the beginning of the game, right after Joker awakened Arsène in Kamoshida’s Palace.

In the dialogue, Morgana explains to Joker and Ryuji how guns are effective because they look real. Seeing the Palaces are in a cognitive world, if the enemies think the guns are real and can get hurt by these guns, they will. So far, this is what was explained in the original Persona 5 as well.

However, the dialogue then changes compared to the original version. Morgana explains how most enemies would expect Joker to have reloaded his gun beforehand if he decides to whip it out in battle. Because of the enemies’ cognition affecting the cognitive world too, Joker and co’s guns get their bullets back after each battle.

I'm not sure what the point of bullets even are if they regenerate after battle. I can't think of any instance where I would have used up every character's ammo in a single fight.

Should have just given a way to replenish them, or to get clips that expand the count as you play.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm not sure what the point of bullets even are if they regenerate after battle. I can't think of any instance where I would have used up every character's ammo in a single fight.

Should have just given a way to replenish them, or to get clips that expand the count as you play.
I played Persona 5 in hard from get go and sometimes I want to go in to the dungeon as far as I can without going back in to the real world, so for sake of resource management I used guns against enemies more than skill.

I played Persona 5 in hard from get go and sometimes I want to go in to the dungeon as far as I can without going back in to the real world, so for sake of resource management I used guns against enemies more than skill.

I never really got resource stressed in it, but I guess it would help stretch out SP.

Of course, they may rebalance and add gun resistance to a bunch more demons to counter that.

kevin_trinh

using gun help you save SP for early dungeon, it doesn't have much use if you already have SP accessory. But the more info P5R, the more i see it will be too much easier. Hope they have some way to make more challenge

Top Bottom