• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal to Have New Endings, Improved Pacing

rickyEGM

Banned
That's good to hear, but I do feel like ATLUS are exploiting their fans by doing that if they say that they are willing to buy the game again for 30% more content.

They could let you trade in P5 to get 50% off of P5R for the true fans, perhaps.
True fans will have both cases and versions on their shelf like me.

Reactions: TGO

Neolombax

I dont like this not being a DLC, instead its a new full game. Is this a trend with Japanese games? Dragon Quest XI had this issue too, releasing an enhanced version only for the Switch only. Maybe I should stop buying Japanese games on release...

Komatsu

I want to play through this again but not sure I have the patience to waste another 200h just for the extra content.

Bkdk

I’m really hoping for a pc version for their p5r and SMT5 . Persona and SMT certainly play best on PC. A better UI for monster fusions plus mods they can customize their monsters/characters will be a pretty significant upgrade. Trainers would be great too to shorten multiple Epic or steam please moneyhat a pc version of their games.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Let's just say the first half of 2020 is incredibly awesome for PS4 owners:

January 2020
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (JP)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

February 2020
- Gods and Monsters
- TLOU pt. 2

March 2020
- FFVII
- Persona 5 Royal
- Watch Dogs: Legion

April 2020
- Trials of Mana
- Cyberpunk 2077

May 2020
- Marvel's Avengers

Last edited:

FMXVII

I hate that this won't be DLC. It was tolerable back in the day with Persona 3 FES because of how consoles were structured back then, and even then it was only $19. And P4G was a port to a different platform. This on the other hand is just greedy bullshit.
Why the hell should I support P6 at launch when I can just wait for an enhanced version? I get that it's more expensive than just some simple DLC, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Sorry for the rant :(

It's simple.

You shouldn't.

I won't.

FMXVII

Let's just say the first half of 2020 is incredibly awesome for PS4 owners:

January 2020
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (JP)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

February 2020
- Gods and Monsters
- TLOU pt. 2

March 2020
- FFVII
- Persona 5 Royal
- Watch Dogs: Legion

April 2020
- Trials of Mana
- Cyberpunk 2077

May 2020
- Marvel's Avengers

The only must buy on that list is a Remake of the GoAT JRPG that never made it here, until recently, on the Switch Store.

Which was no doubt just to push the new version.

I love it, so mission complete.

Mihos

Gold Member
I have hated remakes on the same generation hardware all the way back to the Street Fighter 2 parade on SNES.

But I love Persona... so whatever.

Did they say what happens when you have an existing save game yet?

Bkdk

I'll only buy it if it comes to PC with better UI and mod support. Valve/Epic/Microsoft please money hat a pc version for P5R and SMT5. Just nude mods with the demons within the series will make this a super fun experience especially for SMT. So much potential from their demon designs. Both art and sexual wise.

The fourth Palace's pace was wierd, especially if you completed it as early as possible and had a month to yourself. Good for confidants, bad for the story. Hopefully it's one of the sections with improved pacing.

Top Bottom