• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Scramble (Switch/PS4) announced

Bullet Club

eXTnMVk.jpg

dmB7bCF.jpg

Omega Force showed that they can make decent musou games. Berserk was fun, Attack on Titan was fun too and now Persona. I’ll definitely get this
I liked Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and Hyrule Warriors, they're usually fine when it's collaborations....there first party stuff though...

Last edited:
Wanted Persona 5 Arena but a musou game can be good, especially if they keep the roster small so they can give them more moves and polish.

Zephir

Unexpected but interesting...This will definitely cause lots of angry reactions, especially since we still know nothing about SMTV, the only thing that could distract switch owners from a persona game

Unless this drastically changes the DW formula to something that isn't mind-numbingly boring, then I'm not interested. Hyrule Warriors held my attention for exactly 1 hour before I realized it was the same old bullshit I was playing back when Dynasty Warriors 3 came out.

TRIGGER WARNING for Dynasty Warriors fans: 1 hour is an exaggeration

Last edited:

mejin

So, there is only the fighting game from Aksys to be revealed. But this one even X will get it. lol

Wow, I didn't see that coming indeed. Was hoping for a fighting game but this doesn't really interest me. What a weird genre to do a spin off in. Odd.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just want to say loooooool at those who were over hyping themselves for a P5 Switch port and the “”””leakers”””””

Hudo

Just out of curiosity, when Persona 4 Dancing All Night was announced, how was the general reception?

Fbh

It's for PS4 too.
Looks like a musou game so not particularly exiting though they can be fun at times.

Focusing it just on persona 5 feels like a missed opportunity though.

Odinnii

This is better for me than a switch port of P5. Wasn't gonna replay the game anyway, but im up for some Musou fun.

Hyrule Warriors held my attention for exactly 1 hour before I realized it was the same old bullshit I was playing back when Dynasty Warriors 3 came out.
You played it a WHOLE hour?! Not like part of an hour, but the whole thing!? Good lord! What patience you must have! Well, since nobody else will, let me take a moment and appreciate your sacrifice. The world needs more heroes like you. Hey, I've been really curious about Dark Souls. Do you think you could go try that out for 45 minutes and let me know whether it is worth it or if it just rehashes King's Field 2?

Reactions: Isa
You played it a WHOLE hour?! Not like part of an hour, but the whole thing!? Good lord! What patience you must have! Well, since nobody else will, let me take a moment and appreciate your sacrifice. The world needs more heroes like you. Hey, I've been really curious about Dark Souls. Do you think you could go try that out for 45 minutes and let me know whether it is worth it or if it just rehashes King's Field 2?
Wow, didn't think I'd ruffle any feathers by describing how long it takes to realize that the 20th DW game does very little over the 3rd.

But please, continue making an ass of yourself.

Wow, didn't think I'd ruffle any feathers by describing how long it takes to realize that the 20th DW game does very little over the 3rd.
What are you talking about? This forum needs more impotent posturing by people who brag about making snap judgments after the bare minimum of play time. Why, I think your skills are advanced enough that you should go see if Polygon or Kotaku have any openings.

But please, continue making an ass of yourself.
Sure! I learned from the best! “I played Persona 5 for one hour until I realized I was doing the same thing as when the original Persona came out.” Did it work? Was I a big ass or the biggest ass?

lol @ 'ruffle any feathers'

Musou is a strange thing, some people really love them. They use to sell a ton of these in Japan so they do have a following.

But if you are a Metroid fan waiting for the Metroid Prime 4 trailer and Nintendo gave you Metroid Prime 4 Wack-a-Mole Musou some people might feel they just got trolled.

The Switch has many of these games, I still can't believe one team makes all of these.

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

That was kind of disappointing. I was still believing that Switch would get a port of Persona 5. I was not expecting a musou game.

WBut if you are a Metroid fan waiting for the Metroid Prime 4 trailer and Nintendo gave you Metroid Prime 4 Wack-a-Mole Musou some people might feel they just got trolled.
Federation Force is better than anybody ever gives it credit, but it wasn't Metroid Prime 4, so they hate it.

The Switch has many of these games, I still can't believe one team makes all of these.
Omega Force is quite large and has multiple Musou teams going at one, and they've got good teams and bad teams. With any luck, this won't be the team that shits out half assed license games like Berserk Musou or Arslan.

Saruhashi

Banned
What are you talking about? This forum needs more impotent posturing by people who brag about making snap judgments after the bare minimum of play time. Why, I think your skills are advanced enough that you should go see if Polygon or Kotaku have any openings.

Sure! I learned from the best! “I played Persona 5 for one hour until I realized I was doing the same thing as when the original Persona came out.” Did it work? Was I a big ass or the biggest ass?

Haha. :)

Yeah, you've got to love that stuff.

"I played it for 10 minutes and then took it back to the shop."

WTF?

iconmaster

Banned
Good game or no, the rules of which characters get into Smash are once again brought into sharp focus. Joker was an uncomfortable outlier.

lmao dude, your examples aren't even accurate. Persona 5 plays nothing like Persona 1 and Dark Souls is a spiritual successor (not a sequel) to King's Field. Hyrule Warriors is just another Dynasty Warriors game, no matter how you cut it.
Normally I'd egg you on but it's clear I'm dealing with a 'special' person here, so I'm gonna let you in on a secret: I was exaggerating. I actually played it for maybe 5 hours before I got tired of it. Or is that still not enough time for someone to realize that it's the same old DW formula?

lol @ 'ruffle any feathers'

Musou is a strange thing, some people really love them.
Yeah, no kidding! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
As with any of Omega Force's musou offerings, the game could be good or turn-out crap. Either way, might be interesting.

As for Nintendo, this isn't a game I'd consider buying on Switch when there's an alternative on a more powerful system, and that would likely also go for a port of Person 5 proper, but this title and Joker in Smash Bros. does feel like Switch-only owners are getting jerked around a bit.

Top Bottom