• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 teased for PlayStation Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzbluz

Atlus is not an European publisher, so do ppl really want them to bring it to Europe when that means digital only? A European publisher will probably announce it when it's closer to coming out.

Soma

that was probably the fastest my hype rose to great heights then immediately dropped like a rock in a long time

Weiss

Banned
I mean, they had a booth, the logo was proudly displayed, and all he had to say was "Persona 5 is coming out in America on the same consoles as Japan."

This isn't funny anymore, Atlus.

lol there was no doubt that it was coming to north america. he just said it will also be exclusive as if anyone cares except gamefaqs fanboys.

Jisgsaw

Well... no regional restrictions on games?

After Arena, you never know (especially if it comes in the US not long after Japan).

Atlus is not an European publisher, so do ppl really want them to bring it to Europe when that means digital only? A European publisher will probably announce it when it's closer to coming out.

NIS isn't an European publisher either, doesn't stop them to release their game almost simultenaously in PAL/US. And to release a lot of Atlus games over here on top of that.

artsi

Sega is and if they can release Persona Q and Ultimax, they can release this.

Nightbird

Atlus is not an publisher in Europe, but Sega is, and guess who owns Atlus?

mcw

I mean, they had a booth, the logo was proudly displayed, and all he had to say was "Persona 5 is coming out in America on the same consoles as Japan."

This isn't funny anymore, Atlus.

I think the booth is just running a video clip of Adam Boyes proudly announcing that Persona 5 will be coming to North America at some point in the future.

Philippo

Oh come on they even have it as a presence on the showfloor, no way we're not getting any short teaser during the weekend.

I hope at least for gameplay at Jump Festa.

Exodist

Seems people are overreacting with the no EU thing. It wasn't announced but its Persona 5, of course its going to come to the EU. They won't announce anything EU specific because Atlus don't care/deal with us, but closer to the time someone else will pick it up and announce details for an EU release. Hopefully NIS because they're actually good with their EU releases.

When the hell are you people going to finally learn that announcements and news concerning P5 are going to happen in Japan and not on some western event. It's fucking unbelievable how resistent you guys are when it comes to comprehending this incredibly simple truth.

Jisgsaw

Seems people are overreacting with the no EU thing. It wasn't announced but its Persona 5, of course its going to come to the EU. They won't announce anything EU specific because Atlus don't care/deal with us, but closer to the time someone else will pick it up and announce details for an EU release. Hopefully NIS because they're actually good with their EU releases.

That's what we said for SMT 4 (and that was actually anounced for Europe before its US release, for once), and look what came out of it.

With Atlus' history, these reactions are to be expected, you don't treat one third of the gaming world like shit for a decade without leaving some kind of bad reutation.

Exodist

That's what we said for SMT 4 (and that was actually anounced for Europe before its US release, for once), and look what came out of it.

With Atlus' history, these reactions are to be expected, you don't treat one third of the gaming world like shit for a decade without leaving some kind of bad reutation.

Just to clarify, I live in the UK and I got fucked over on SMT4 too. But my point is that Persona is even bigger than the mainline SMT series now, and I find it hard to believe the next main Persona game would never get an EU release. Don't get me wrong, we may have to wait for it and we may even get digital only (I think this is really unlikely though), but I don't think its possible it won't come out. Atlus themselves deserve the bad rep they have for the EU absolutely, but I don't see why Atlus would announce the game for UK/EU release when they themselves will likely have nothing to do with it, again bearing in mind Square published P4 in the UK, NIS America publish a few now and Ghostlight have had in the past. Nintendo themselves announced SMT4 and evidently something went very wrong since it passed onto Atlus who made an absolute mess of it. So yeah, I'm not defending Atlus at all, but like I say, I really can't see Persona 5 never getting an EU release. We just have to wait for a publisher to pick it up and release it.

Kieli

Wonder what compelled Atlus to port P5 to the PS4 considering the Japanese audience... is not there at all.

It'd be amusing, although extremely unlikely, for the worldwide audience to be bigger than the Japanese audience.

I get some pleasure in knowing the worldwide audience for the "Souls" series is more important than the homebase. Means reveals and whatnot comes to us first.

Wonder what compelled Atlus to port P5 to the PS4 considering the Japanese audience... is not there at all.

It'd be amusing, although extremely unlikely, for the worldwide audience to be bigger than the Japanese audience.
$$$$$$

Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest that Sony kicked them some cash to bring it over.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I get some pleasure in knowing the worldwide audience for the "Souls" series is more important than the homebase. Means reveals and whatnot comes to us first.

Well, the series actually gets decent sales in the West (relative to what it sells overall) and the PS3 is a dead platform here.

mdubs

Banned
Why did anyone think we were going to get a new trailer there?

Let's be real, next trailer is probably dropping in some form on Feb 5 at the concert

Weiss

Banned
There's another presentation tomorrow, right? Maybe it'll be there.

I mean, they have a booth. That seems excessive for "Persona 5 is a thing that exists."

FluxWaveZ

There's another presentation tomorrow, right? Maybe it'll be there.

I mean, they have a booth. That seems excessive for "Persona 5 is a thing that exists."

No, there will very likely not be anything else regarding Persona 5. Like I posted previously, here is what they have to show at booth #205.

Again, they did this at E3. They showed off a Persona 4 Dancing trailer at their booth and their E3 badge was also P4D related, however they only had to show the old P4D trailer they had already put out in February.

And the only keynote was today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom