• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Won't Be Out In North America Until February 2017

hemo memo

Gold Member
Denial, didn't know how to tell the audience, or generally (and this is what I think) didn't know jack until they were told by main Atlus.

3 months seems doable if this wasn't a Persona game that has mountains of dialogue.

Yes but he seem sure, it was like all the localization work was done.

Sakura

Don't have to consort with foreigners and their weird dub-only policies, you truly have my admiration.
Entering stage: depression, I really need to pick up my kanji studies one day.
I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be, I steeled my heart for this but it shattered after all.

Just think, if you had started studying Japanese seriously when the game was originally supposed to release, you'd already be proficient enough to import the Japanese version this year.

Soriku

3 months seems doable if this wasn't a Persona game that has mountains of dialogue.

Zero Time Dilemma is also going to have mountains and that's releasing at the same time WW! Fuck!

Atlus has just constantly been useless with this game, even though it's their biggest game ever.

Servbot24

Banned
Bummer... I mean I guess it's fine since there are already too many games coming out. It means I'll be buy Horizon late though. Speaking of which it seems like Sony should have spaced those out a couple more weeks.

Ponn

Banned
man the development for this game has been fucked

I don't know, seems like the norm in modern gaming so far. Publishers just need to learn to stop revealing games way to fucking early to rabid fans and then making unreasonable promises of release dates that they know damn well they can't make just to try and appease said fans. This is all on the publisher and PR side, not development.

Anarky

Banned
So+that+s+where+this+image+came+from+_bbc5f9a513ef08722780efbf874b9aa5.png

Zero Time Dilemma is also going to have mountains and that's releasing at the same time WW! Fuck!

Atlus has just constantly been useless with this game, even though it's their biggest game ever.

I didn't think of it that way but, ZTD does seem like they had a better localization strategy in place before hand. Can't say the same about Atlus...

Eumi

Suprised so many people are pissed. I mean, we have a release date. Like, day and everything. Plus, as people pointed out, gives us time to play FF15.

VKP

Neo Member
I was hoping to play it on christmas even if I had to import. Seems the wait's gonna be a little longer

Just no more delays, okay Atlus?

Not much of a delay when they only give a year as a release date. I would think people would get it by now that when a video game company doesn't give a month/day/year that the date is a placeholder and is subject to change.
You would think that people would be more cautious about this game, but ever since we heard about 2016, people have insisted that "we have no reason to believe otherwise."

Gee, recent history with this game wasn't enough reason to think we'd never get it in 2016?

This is great for me since I will be busy with FF XV for quite some time. Now 2 of my most anticipated games come out within a week of my birthday. I feel bad for everyone who are more hardcore Persona fans though.

_woLf

Suprised so many people are pissed. I mean, we have a release date. Like, day and everything. Plus, as people pointed out, gives us time to play FF15.

It's almost as if people wanted this more than FF15.

Or it's as if people are worried as hell (and rightfully so) about the game that people have been waiting for years to play will be spoiled by assholes.

Soriku

It's almost as if people wanted this more than FF15.

Or it's as if people are worried as hell (and rightfully so) about the game that people have been waiting for years to play will be spoiled by assholes.

Plus I don't need 4-5 months to play FF XV.

Kudo

Just think, if you had started studying Japanese seriously when the game was originally supposed to release, you'd already be proficient enough to import the Japanese version this year.

Yeah, that is a depressing thought to think. Shame on me for having the lazy thought of thinking Atlus USA would actually deliver the experience I expected. Japan was right all along.
I already imported the 20th Anniversary Edition but expecting to understand like 75% of it, with protagonist not being voiced and I'm sure the game will feature some hard kanji.

Meanwhile us Canadians watch through a thin but constricting pane of glass until we can pre-order.

We want to pre-order too. We want Persona 5.

Take our hearts, Atlus-Senpai.

I actually don't mind this at all... will be just around the right time I have the money to pick up a PS4 Neo.

... unless of course they announce a PC version

Lynx_7

*audible sigh*
Well, it's not like I'm gonna have a lot of money for this year anyway. At least now I won't have to choose between this and FF XV.

JMY86

I am fine with this. I was not expecting a release this year anyhow. February is looking to be a good month for games.

Hindl

Damn what a bummer. Oh well that's a good slot for it. Shouldn't be a ton else out to play around that time

OmegaDL50

Man I got all of these pre-orders on Amazon which is pretty much setting my gaming schedule for the next few months.

I am Setsuna in July, No Man's Sky and KOFXIV in August, FFXV in September, and Persona 5 in February. Almost all of these being the Deluxe, Limited, or Collector's Editions.

No complaints really though. Really looking forward to playing all of these.

It'll be worth it.

Persona 4 Golden was definitely highlight of my PSTV, so I look forward to seeing what Persona 5 is like.

Paznos

I guess I figured it wouldn't be releasing anywhere near FFXV but I was still hoping for this year, now it's releasing the same month of Horizon.

Top Bottom