• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Won't Be Out In North America Until February 2017

It's a complete 180 from yesterday for me when we finally got FFXII HD announced.

:(

I was hoping that we wouldn't have a 5 month gap between Japan and North American releases for Persona 5 like Persona 4 did back in 2008 but I was wrong.

I'm majorly bummed out.

WHOA i haven't been on GAF in a few days. Never played XII. 1/4 better.

Femto.

I'm getting tired of steelbooks, the box art looks really good too for the regular version.

I wish companies would include both steelbooks and the regular box.

asagami_

Banned
Zero Time Dilemma is also going to have mountains and that's releasing at the same time WW! Fuck!

Atlus has just constantly been useless with this game, even though it's their biggest game ever.

I suppose ZTD development/script was finished some months ago, but because the main audience of the game are english speakers, the main date was always focused on such audience.

OmegaDL50

If I don't want the premium edition, where is the normal edition? I searched for it and it seems unlisted.

Normal version is the Steelbook version. Basically first initial batch of regular $59.99 MSRP version is the Steelbook until quantity runs out and changes to standard which still will be $59.99.

So it's either get it day one with the Steel Book, or wait until the Steel Book runs out and still pay the same price basically.

Guess Who

Banned
If I don't want the premium edition, where is the normal edition? I searched for it and it seems unlisted.

The steelbook is the normal PS4 edition for launch, it's $60. There's no PS4 version with a regular game case yet.

The PS3 version, however, has a regular case and is $50.

Look guys, everyone knows how localization works, but this was supposed to be a simultaneous release from the get go. Pardon us for thinking that some work has been done towards that goal during this time. Particularly in a year when FF15 is getting a simultaneous release. That P5 gets delayed another 6 months for the rest of us is pretty brutal. Particularly when we tend to buy more copies of the game than Japan does. Doesn't mean we aren't already on board. Expressing some slight disappointment seems pretty normal to me.

Lynx_7

Persona 5 makes me wonder wheter the lightning fast US localization of SMT IV was entirely due to some form of involvement from Nintendo considering it remains the only title with such a quick turnout. At first I was hoping that was gonna be the case with all their biggest titles and that P5 would get the same kind of treatment but that's clearly not the case.

Femto.

Want to change my order to amazon but I don't see a way to cancel my GS order or even edit it.
You might have to wait a while, it's happened to me before. Cancel option didn't show up until almost a day later. Worst comes to worst, you'll just have to phone it in.

Shauni

Look guys, everyone knows how localization works, but this was supposed to be a simultaneous release from the get go. Pardon us for thinking that some work has been done towards that goal during this time. Particularly in a year when FF15 is getting a simultaneous release. That P5 gets delayed another 6 months for the rest of us is pretty brutal. Particularly when we tend to buy more copies of the game than Japan does. Doesn't mean we aren't already on board. Expressing some slight disappointment seems pretty normal to me.

Based on...what?

I would have thought they'd be well into localization with all the delays that this game has had over the last 3 years, but that's apparently not the case. All this proves is that there's a noticeable disconnect between Atlus proper in Japan and Atlus USA.

Ugh, I'm still in the depression phase.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's actually awesome and i'm super pleased people responded to the survey correctly.

Opinion is fact now?

Also, the date being in 2017 really shouldn't have been a surprise. When was the last time Atlus did a huge worldwide simultaneous release after all?

DHdwvsN.gif

F9Fcyys.gif

Normal version is the Steelbook version. Basically first initial batch of regular $59.99 MSRP version is the Steelbook until quantity runs out and changes to standard which still will be $59.99.

So it's either get it day one with the Steel Book, or wait until the Steel Book runs out and still pay the same price basically.

You will take your steelbooks launch edition and you will like it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GKHJPG6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The steelbook is the normal PS4 edition for launch, it's $60. There's no PS4 version with a regular game case yet.

The PS3 version, however, has a regular case and is $50.

Well, that's fuckin' lame. Since the Steelbook is being forced on me should I just get it digital or get the Premium Edition so I can get the artbook and soundtrack too?

there is really not. Atlus did that survey where they asked dual audio or extra pack in goodies, and basically no one gave a shit about dual audio if it meant a sound track sampler or a steel book was on the line

To be fair, as disheartening as it is to read this, dual audio shouldn't be considered a bonus feature only for collectors. It should be a standard one.

OmegaDL50

Altus said it themselves when the game first got announced.

Was it Atlus Japan that said that or some PR guy for Atlus US.

The problem with Atlus of late it seems is their Western branches are saying one thing but the Japanese branch doing otherwise.

Regardless. You'd think a line of communication between the US and Japanese branches would showcase that Persona has a strong fanbase in the West, and that a localization isn't some secondary concern rather than a sure thing.

Considering P4G sold more in the West than in Japan, you would think that was set the precedent for P5 on top of the outpouring fan demand in social media and whatnot, but nope. What is Atlus doing.

kewlmyc

Avoiding asshole YouTube recommendation thumbnail spoilers is going to be the worst.

"You liked the P5 trailer? We recommend the ending to the game."

The problem with Atlus of late it seems is their Western branches are saying one thing but the Japanese branch doing otherwise.

Regardless. You'd think a line of communication between the US and Japanese branches would showcase that Persona has a strong fanbase in the West, and that a localization isn't some secondary concern rather than a sure thing.

Considering P4G sold more in the West than in Japan, you would think that was set the precedent for P5 on top of the outpouring fan demand in social media and whatnot, but nope. What is Atlus doing.
Really? I'm late on the persona train wasn't following to tight back then. Is this accurate

Avoiding asshole YouTube recommendation thumbnail spoilers is going to be the worst.

"You liked the P5 trailer? We recommend the ending to the game."

Don't remind me.

As soon as E3 is over and my pre-order is secured, I'm going dark.

No more looking up anything Persona until February for me.

Well that settles it.

Thankfully i know enough japanese to finish rpgs , so see you all in september in the import tread.

I'm tired of atlus Dub policies and i live in europe so it's not like they care about me either

Getting the digital jap edition on my PSN jpn account
( hopefully that one won't have some weird locks like P4A had )

Velcro Fly

Got the CE

No clue if I'll even have a PS4 by then but I couldn't take the chance.

I know I'll be getting one really soon regardless.

I bought a PS3 for this game and a Wii U for Zelda and I may not play either game on those consoles. Oops.

Kindekuma

Banned
I remember when Atlus gave us the "Winter 2014" screen when they first showed off P5. lol
Can't believe we got another 8 months, but further Atlus quality polish on it will be worth the wait, surely.

Femto.

I thought Capcom had a disconnect between their Japanese and NA branches. Sheesh.

I'm more upset about this than the delay for Dark Souls 3.

DeSolos

I'm glad it's coming out when it is. I need it as far the hell away from this fall/winter as possible. My gaming calendar could not accommodate such a time commitment.

P5 I love you, but you can wait.

Top Bottom