• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Won't Be Out In North America Until February 2017

FHIZ

Best Buy needs to hurry up with my $10 Overwatch credit so I can get in on the special edition.

Also, 2017, everything is awful, woe is me.

Go_Ly_Dow

The annoying this is I'm gonna be living in Japan, so not only will I experience all the marketing buzz, but also be at risk of spoilers. :(

Patryn

Color me a sucker, but I really, truly was convinced it was going to hit 2016.

And now holy shit is Q1 2017 stacked for me.

Similarly, holy shit is Q4 2016 a wasteland for me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PLEASE BE REGION FREE

God help us all if they locked that shit.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Somebody tell the Atlus IT guy to update the meta tags on the website...

eTIVlgH.png

I don't care how many games there are, because I will literally drop everything to play this.

I knew an early 2017 was in the cards but, fuck, still disappointing news because I had that small hope for dec 2016.

JBwB

February is getting pretty packed now with Horizon and Persona 5.

I'll have FFXV & BF1 to keep me busy till then :)

Zhao_Yun

Wait why are people in Europe worried about a European release date? The PS4 is region free right? Importing is a hassle, but you won't have to wait until 2018 or anything ridiculous like that :p

Are you European?
The hassle of importing shouldn't be necessary in 2017.

this

shit was unavoidable with P4, this is gonna be miserable.

I didn't play P4 before 2013 and didn't get spoiled at all. It's not that hard to avoid spoilers unless you are actively searching for them.

Kuni

Not a surprise at all sadly. Atlus struggle with worldwide.

Sadly this doesn't include EU. Us poor peasants will probably be waiting until summer or even fall.

Was hoping Sega would enable ww release but ah well. Business as usual.

Edit: I should add of course that Atlus should take as much time as it needs to localise, etc... But it's still rather annoying to have to wait much longer cos Europe. Especially in this day and age.

Wait why are people in Europe worried about a European release date? The PS4 is region free right? Importing is a hassle, but you won't have to wait until 2018 or anything ridiculous like that :p

There was exactly one region-locked game on the PS3, and it was an Atlus-published game with the word 'Persona' in the title. Not saying they'll do it again, but you never know :p

Liamc723

I want to play a UK copy, I don't want to import.

Loudninja

And because this is basically the biggest title in ATLUS’ history, we HAD to go all out and do one of our renowned special editions. Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version of the game, the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition is going to arrive in a massive, collectible box, and will contain the following:

• Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
  • 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
  • 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
  • SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
  • School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.

The Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition will be available for $89.99!

For those just interested in the PlayStation 4 version of the game, we’re releasing Persona 5 in a special SteelBook® Launch Edition! All pre-orders and a very limited number of launch copies will come in an official, collectible SteelBook case, adorned with glorious Persona 5 art (identical to the one in the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition). It’ll be $59.99 at launch! Just a reminder, this will be exclusive to the PS4 version.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/07/persona-5-will-take-your-heart-on-valentines-day-2017/

Ydelnae

If they region lock this and don't bother making a deal with some EU publisher to bring this out the same day as NA, I will commit sudoku. They have time to come up with something for Europe, I thought they were going to announce both dates together but it seems we're still on the 2 continent song.

llehuty

3 of the 5 most anticipated games of 2016 voted by NeoGaf users delayed to 2017 (Horizon, Persona 5 and Zelda). The other two are already out (Uncharted and Dark Souls 3).

Hope you all will enjoy the second half of this year.

#NotLikeThis2016

varkuriru

Expected. Also will pass on premium edition - if they included full soundtrack then I would have jumped in. Guess I'll import the OST.

Logash

How about the special edition aye? The price is not bad at all for what you get. Same as FF15's and that one only comes with the Steelbook and a blu ray movie

Top Bottom