• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Won't Be Out In North America Until February 2017

ZeroX03

Banned
Just eye balling Persona game dates, five months seems to be about the usual time to come West these days and way more than the year+ for P3.

I'm surprised people thought they'd actually make 2016 in the West. They did say 2015, the dates were never reliable.

Rosur

3 of the 5 most anticipated games of 2016 voted by NeoGaf users delayed to 2017 (Horizon, Persona 5 and Zelda). The other two are already out (Uncharted and Dark Souls 3).

Hope you all will enjoy the second half of this year.

#NotLikeThis2016

Yea :( but hopefully means making room for some nice unannounced games.

3 of the 5 most anticipated games of 2016 voted by NeoGaf users delayed to 2017 (Horizon, Persona 5 and Zelda). The other two are already out (Uncharted and Dark Souls 3).

Hope you all will enjoy the second half of this year.

#NotLikeThis2016

By the end of this year persona 5 will be on 3 of these lists now (2015's, 2016's and 2017's).

Obviously that was expected, but seems way to close to horizon. They are both PS exclusives and they release with a few weeks of each other.

Ydelnae

The collector's edition is economical. Do you get a refund if you pre-order this on amazon but they later announce it's region locked?

Why not just push the entire game into 2017 for a worldwide release? And avoid going head to head against FFXV in Japan?

Maybe they need the money...

The collector's edition is economical. Do you get a refund if you pre-order this on amazon but they later announce it's region locked?

As long as you cancel your order before it's ship you'll be fine. Amazon won't charge you until they ship the item.

PS3 release in 2017 pls

2cEDkkJaeMIVy.gif

Was holding out hope for December. What am I going to play after XV?

Maybe a good time to circle back for Cold Steel 2 I suppose.

SteelBook Launch Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)

Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.

SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)

Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:

Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.

From the link in the OP.

Pre-orders are up on Amazon, I just pre-ordered the PS4 steel case LE since there is nothing on the Premium Edition I care about.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can't wait for the first english trailer at E3 and reveal of some of the voice actors, P4 had a pretty great cast.

Shredderi

Gotta say that I used to be pretty excited for the game but I feel like this was announced five years ago and I just don't really care anymore.

jrush64

Banned
Oh fuck this! What the fucking shit! ARRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emma-you-did-this-anger-gif-o.gif

People give Square a hard time for how long long it takes to make games, this guys are even worse.

Kaibutsu

It isn't as nice as the Japanese CE but it's neat enough to buy fro that price. Especially getting 20 percent off with prime.

The thing that is most disappointing is that the Japanese CE gets a 5 CD 20th anniversary music set, we get a selected tracks CD just from Persona 5? That's super weak...

edit: I guess ultimately it doesn't matter since I have the soundtracks from the various LE releases for those games in the US. I forgot that Atlus was good about including those in the Collector's Editions for the previous games.

Ydelnae

PS4 games aren't region locked. Amazon don't charge for pre-orders but if you needed to return for any reason they're usually great.

PS3 games aren't region locked neither and Persona 4 Arena was. It's nice to know Amazon is great if I neded to return. I guess I will preorder the NA CE then.

Shoot I really wanted to play Horizon, but there's no way I'll finish this game quickly enough to get around to it. Plus I really don't want to rush it anyway.

otakukidd

Can some post a link to the collectors edition on amazon. for some reason persona 5 isnt coming up for me at all on there.

Top Bottom