• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to Shinji Mikami?

Oh I don't know
2294161-the_evil_within_logo_68413_screen.jpg

1375383254-the-evil-within-1.jpg

EvilWithin_I2.jpg
Edit: Fixed

Levito

Banned
Y'all mothafuckas need to use quote wraps around your images.

My most anticipated games for 2014 are:

Destiny
The Evil Within
Witcher 3
Drakengard 3
Infamous: Second Son

What games are you all really anticipating for next year beyond all the Persona stuff?

Metal Gear Solid V (WORDS THAT KILL), Kingdom Hearts: The Best One, The Brothers Smash, Danganronpa, Infamous: Second Son, and Bayonetta 2 are my picks. I'm expecting so much out of each of them!

I'm also marginally excited about Watch_Doge, Hotline Miami 2 and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, but I've heard enough iffy things about each in previews that I've tempered my hype for them.

Levito

Banned
Dark Souls 2 is the only game I'm hyped for.

Things like Dark Souls 2 I'm really hyped for but I'm waiting on the PC version.

I'd really love a PC port of GTA V as well.

Mostly really want Destiny above all else though, that game is basically Halo meets Guild Wars JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS.

EMT0

Banned
The non-Persona SMT stuff that Atlus is probably cooking(Devil Survivor 2 3DS?), Dark Souls 2, Witcher 3, SMTxFE if that actually ends up hitting next year, and I want to try out Dangan Ronpa/Tales sometime next year too.

Levito

Banned
Something something Persona

I feel bad that I forgot about MGS5. The series used to be one of my favorites, but I dunno.
I feel like they kinda lost me a bit.

Same here, everything they've shown on the game just looks so unremarkable.

I also still can't help but laugh at Kojima implying he's going to have a super deep-complex-moving story with commentary on child soldiers. While also at the same time having Quiet dressed like a prostitute so it inspired sexy cosplay™.

Caladrius

They should make a spinoff featuring Solid Snack

The main antagonist will be Yukiko.

Embittered by the world's disgust at her food, she plots to take control of the world's food supply with her army of killer cooking meidos.

They should make a spinoff featuring Solid Snack

The main antagonist will be Yukiko.

Embittered by the world's disgust at her food, she plots to take control of the world's food supply with her army of killer cooking meidos.

Her first step toward, WORLD DOMINATION!!!!! One boxed lunch at a time, MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Yukiko_Amagi_(Persona_4_Arena,_Story_Mode_Illustration,3).jpg

todd360

YOU GET A SHADOW VANQUISH! YOU GET A SHADOW VANQUISH! YOU GET A SHADOW VANQUISH!

The 3DS version of the game includes a special cameo, a callback to an earlier collaboration... ;)

Thank you Oprah!!!!!

err I mean thank you TheTrueSelf!!! Now the 3ds only people can be content.

Levito

Banned
True facts: MGS3 will probably always be the height of that series.

They have they ever detailed or even hinted at what SMT character will be in SMT X FE?

They have they ever detailed or even hinted at what SMT character will be in SMT X FE?

All they showed was all the male and female leads from each Mainline SMT installment

SMT I Hero and Heroine
SMT II Hero and Heroine
SMT IF...Male and Female Protaganist
SMT III: Nocturne Demi-Fiend and Chiaki
SMT IV Flynn and Isabeau

Moonlight

Banned
I must be weird, because I don't actually like Hot Wind Blowing at all. I mean, I tried to like it, it got really hyped, then I heard it, and... man, it did not click. I'd peg MGSR's music like this:

Mistral > Final Boss > RAY > Sam > Bladewolf > Monsoon > EXCELSUS > Sundowner > Khamsin

Rhapsody

Banned

For me, I agree. Although disc 2 in MGS1 was really awesome with its scenes. Some tense stuff.
MGS3 definitely had the very best ending though. While I dunno which game gets best villains.

Squire

Banned
I've missed the bus when it came to Revengeance. I gotta play it before the next semester starts.

PC version is out on Jan. 9. I'm gonna play that.

My hype for MGS5 has really been hurt between Kojima's stupid antics and the way Konami is handling the game's business model.

And when I finally got Peace Walker earlier this year, it was hot garbage. Who knew!

Ranking Revengeance themes? Hell yes.

Final Boss (== A Soul Can't Be Cut)
Stains of Time
Rules of Nature
Collective Consciousness
The Hot Wind Blowing
Stranger I Remain
Sam's Theme
I'm My Own Master Now
[All the low-key versions from the soundtrack would be here]
Sundowner

My favorite soundtrack this year, close to SMTIV

Hot Wind Blowing > The Only Thing I Know For Real > It Has To Be This Way > Stranger I Remain > Rules Of Nature > Collective Consciousness > Red Sun

Hot Wind Blowing gets me PUMPED. It's also tied for my favorite VG track of 2013 with FE:A's Don't Speak Her Name and AA:DD's Keep Pressing On~Pursuit.

After doing some serious deliberation last night, I've decided that Objection! 2013 and Courtroom Révolutionnarie slightly edge out Pursuit for my favourite AA5 track. Other than that, my top 3 list is the exact same as yours!

On a more Persona-related note, here's a gorgeous piece of Lollipop Chainsaw X Persona art that I shamelessly cribbed from jello's Tumblr:

Stuff like this makes me realize that Chie would look really good with just about any hairstyle.

After doing some serious deliberation last night, I've decided that Objection! 2013 and Courtroom Révolutionnarie slightly edge out Pursuit for my favourite AA5 track. Other than that, my top 3 list is the exact same as yours!

On a more Persona-related note, here's a gorgeous piece of Lollipop Chainsaw X Persona art that I shamelessly cribbed from jello's Tumblr:

Stuff like this makes me realize that Chie would look really good with just about any hairstyle.

that doesn't much look like Chie though :/

Rather speaking of Lollipop Chainsaw x Persona 4 fanart:

tumblr_mejod5OHeY1qzefcpo1_500.png

I mean, come on. Rise's a much more natural fit.

that's more like it.

Musolf815

Nah, sorry. :/

DR is one of my most anticipated games for next year though. Really looking forward to it.

What games are you all really anticipating for next year beyond all the Persona stuff?

Infamous, Danganronpa, Bravely Default, SMTxFE, Hyrule Warriors, Order 1886, Octodad.

Meia

Chocolate all up in my peanut butter. I loved Lollipop Chainsaw. It was one of my top 10 games that year.

Yep, really good/fun game.

Games I'm looking forward to. Probably Dark Souls II the most, with Watch Dogs close behind. Hoping since it's a new franchise Ubi won't have all the fapping about Assassin's Creed has become and it will be just pure game, but we'll see.

Dark Souls 1 was the first game in years I actually got all the achievements on, so 2, provided they don't really mess up the formula(which hey, they might have with forced invasions) is what I'm most looking forward to.

Jintor

Lollipop Chainsaw was a pretty crap action game to be honest, but it was a fun romp.

Also, Tara Strong was pretty blatently just using her My Little Pony voice but taking the opportunity to swear a lot and make jokes about blowjobs

Squire

Banned
Yep, really good/fun game.

Games I'm looking forward to. Probably Dark Souls II the most, with Watch Dogs close behind. Hoping since it's a new franchise Ubi won't have all the fapping about Assassin's Creed has become and it will be just pure game, but we'll see.

I'm very cautiously optimistic about Watch_Dogs, based on my recent experience with Assassin's Creed IV, my general opinion on Ubisoft Montreal, and the games delay.

Originally I was convinced it was purely delayed to let ACIV breath, but someone in another thread said mock reviews for WD were pretty bad and I can believe that. In demos it looked like the game just suffered from a sort of identity crisis. It has a unique enough premise, but they'll need to really work to bring that out in both the story and the gameplay.

I really hope they pull it off, too. With all the NSA drama going on here in the states, that game has a chance to be a poignant piece of work if Ubi puts their hearts in it.

Lollipop Chainsaw was a pretty crap action game to be honest, but it was a fun romp.

Also, Tara Strong was pretty blatently just using her My Little Pony voice but taking the opportunity to swear a lot and make jokes about blowjobs

Yeah, I mean I'm not gonna put it up against Kamiya's gameography or anything, but it was fun and I really liked the art/humor/music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom