• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Wasn't that announced over a year ago now? Wonder what on earth happened to it.

I mentioned it before, but I'm pretty sure that they announced it when they were still in pre-production (I imagine not long after the deal was made). That Direct had a lot of early announcements in it and the Index fiasco probably did development no favors.

Yeah I think James Woods would be a pretty cool character.

I can't wait for Captain America to be in the next Kingdom Hearts game!

Meia

I'm going to guess that maybe Nintendo is saving a lot of Wii U stuff for E3? Nintendo did a lot to rebuild the 3DS this year, so I was kind of expecting them to do that for the Wii U next, but that direct really didn't show much of anything. Hrm.

Tiu Neo

Well, it was only a screen with the game title, wasn't it? At this point, wouldn't surprise me if the game was only on the initial idea phase at that time.

Or maybe it's dead. I hope it's not, but that's a big possibility.

kewlmyc

its-dead-jim.jpg

jk, it was probably just a "in development" trailer and we won't see it until late 2015 at the latest. Hopefully.

Lunar15

I think Index going bankrupt happened. Just like how apparently we were supposed to hear about P5 and stuff earlier, but all the announcements were pushed back. (supposedly)

I'm going to guess that maybe Nintendo is saving a lot of Wii U stuff for E3? Nintendo did a lot to rebuild the 3DS this year, so I was kind of expecting them to do that for the Wii U next, but that direct really didn't show much of anything. Hrm.

I mean, they showed Smash, Mario Kart, DKC:TF, and Zelda Musou. Those are four pretty big titles, especially considering that all of them sans smash are coming out by summer in japan. Aside from Infamous and Titanfall, the competition's lineups look significantly more bare-boned. Of course, the U's in a more dire position, but the point is: they have a lot lined up for the first half of next year. 3DS was the one that was surprisingly silent in the direct. There was Kirby and.... not much else if I remember correctly.

Side Note: Zelda Musou is really dumb. I'm not internet mad over it or anything, but man musou crossovers are the worst. Different team, but last time we had a Tecmo/Nintendo crossover, we got Other M, and look how that turned out. Fire Emblem would have made way more sense as a crossover, but I guess that one goes to Atlus. Boy, that series got lucky.

Levito

Banned
It's probably not dead, especially if it was announced during pre-production.

I hope P5 does not go this long without news. :(

LX_Theo

Banned
Imagine if Atlus only focused on giving news for the next game to come out, and there was no new P5 news until after P4D comes out next fall.

Lunar15

Imagine if Atlus only focused on giving news for the next game to come out, and there was no new P5 news until after P4D comes out next fall.

I'd be fine with this actually. Honestly, we're not getting the game for some time, so I'm fine waiting on info.

todd360

I dunno, an FE Warriors would serve the musou formula much better...The whole appeal to Warriors games is massive amounts of characters.

well you got link and toon link and other variations of link. yah got retro link you got yo cross bow training link. links links everywhere.

Tiu Neo

I dunno, an FE Warriors would serve the musou formula much better...The whole appeal to Warriors games is massive amounts of characters.

Yes, that's true, but they could say "fuck it" and use characters from different points in the timeline.

Also, there are a few Musou games with a small number of characters. It could be one of those cases.

Acid08

Banned
Q in 5-6 month in US, EU only Gods know. 5 in 5-8 month in US, EU doesnt matter. With Dance Im doubt that it will be localised
So, E3 then, basically?

I think Dance will be localized for sure. They brought Miku over and have a built in Vita audience.

Acid08

Banned
Man, opinions turned around on Persona Q and P4DANCE once Persona 5 was actually announced.

I believe that chat is what the young'uns might refer to as a "salt mine"
Lol seems like that happened with a lot of people. I was asleep when they announced everything so I woke up to the good news and got to read all the salt and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom