• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Damn Mitsuru is mean, it's only Chie.
UhEQy6D.jpg

Which is interesting in itself. Whatever the hell is in that scene isn't only causing Mitsuru, who is ALWAYS composed at that time of year, to freak the fuck out, but Chie is cowering too because of it.

over rated piece of shit character, worst waifu in the game(not including fodder like Ayane and Ai) ect.

Da shit am I reading? How on earth does anyone hate the like only female bro character in the modern series?

1. P4G has no reference to P4A except for a single line of dialogue in its epilogue. The Arena series has been explicitly stated as the canon sequel to Persona 4 by the writers.

2. Persona Q takes place during Persona 3 and Persona 4. Story premise here. It doesn't fit together unless memory loss is involved at the end of the game. P4D story premise is all we know about it. They'd still be in high school by that time.

3. We don't know. In a trailer, the Persona 3 main character was apparently named "Minato Arisato", but on the official website they are referred to as the P3 Hero and the P4 Hero.

Two random things about P4A2:

1. Some have started talking about how Play-Asia has P4A2 listed for a July 2014 release and how they've marked it region locked. The date sounds about right: PQ in early June, P4A2 in late July/early August, P4D in late September/early October and Persona 5 in late November/early December. It's still just a placeholder, though. I'd rather P4A2 doesn't become the second game ever to be region locked for the PS3 next to its predecessor, but I feel like the same scenario might happen once again if the game is released close enough between Japan and NA.

2. I had never seen Shadow Yukari's vs. face before now (probably because no one uses her). One of the giddiest Shadows, for sure:
I3xUcdwm.jpg

Interesting... and thanks for the story premises (I somehow missed them completely)

Regarding Arena's "canon status"... the MC is named Yu Narukami and none of the social links you establish in P4G (if you established any) is shown or reflected in the Arena game (for obvious reasons)... so how can I view it as "canon"? Like I don't know how to reconcile this contradiction.

Regarding whether PQ's 2 protagonists are named or have a personality, the website lists "Persona 3 Protagonist (voiced by Akira Ishida)" and "Persona 4 Protagonist (voiced by Daisuke Namikawa)" under the setting of:

"Two Heroes, Two Stories

Before starting Persona Q, you must choose to play as the hero of Persona 3 or Persona 4. Depending on which you choose, you will experience a different story."

So if you pick Persona 3's protagonist, presumably you can name him and make decisions while Persona 4's protagonist actually has a personality and name? Vice versa if you pick Persona 4's protagonist.

As for Persona dancing... I guess you can also name the MC.

PK Gaming

Flanderize? Had to Google what that meant.

Anyways, she seems the same to me. Teddie probably did something perverted and she went full execution-mode like in the hot springs. She's always had low tolerance for "perverts".
The thing is, Mitsuru's only ever gets angry when someone really fucks up. EX: Mr. Ekoda's complete disregard for Fuuka, the hotsprings scene, the hermit s.link scene (FeMC) and Junpei's sexist comments. What I like about her is that she subverts expectation; She since seems like an intense ice queen, but she's actually super nice and calm.

Teddie fucking around definitely does not fall into the former category. Hell, she gets enough of that from Junpei's nonsense. All i'm saying is, I just hope they don't go overboard with the execution/ice queen gimmick.

FluxWaveZ

Regarding Arena's "canon status"... the MC is named Yu Narukami and none of the social links you establish in P4G (if you established any) is shown or reflected in the Arena game (for obvious reasons)... so how can I view it as "canon"? Like I don't know how to reconcile this contradiction.

You mean the fact that Teddie doesn't have an evolved Persona? It's just a design choice; not much of a narrative contradiction.

Sophia

Chie is the kind of person who I'm least fond of from a story perspective, but I'd probably be friends with her in real life.

Chie is the kind of person who I'm least fond of from a story perspective, but I'd probably be friends with her in real life.

She's a pretty good bro.

I will admit that her shadow design is among the coolest things in the megaten universe. If Soejima was that consistent with all of his non-human designs, I wouldn't mind him doing some demon designs for the megaten franchise in general.

I actually didn't hate Chie at first, the fan base made me hate her.
There's always fanatics whose devotion to a character makes the rest of us feel uncomfortable, but you should always judge a character by its own merits .

out of all the girls Chie is definitely the most relate-able both in her situation, and her inner struggle, she's not a pop-star, or an ace detective, or an heiress, she's just a regular girl with regular problems thrown into weird situations. Her arc consists of her desire to protect her town and her loved ones, and her belief that she's not good enough, if not feeling up for a task or not feeling good enough isn't relateable then I don't know what is

I'll give you this one
Sweet! I got one!

Buwahahaha, the meat fetish is totally normal
Oh come on, that's probably like, what? One or two lines in the game. Besides having a preference for meat is totally normal, your just grasping at straws.

Like everyone else in the game?
alright, I'll give you this one.

This post reeks of contradiction
No it doesn't, the qualities that make her a bad waifu i.e. not immediatly jumping into Narukami's harem just because he's the main character, and having an arc that has little to do with him, means that she stands on her own as a character and is therefore a better character for it.

Yukiko at least has a amazing design, Chie has nothing.

and don't get me wrong I don't dislike Yukiko, I can totally see the appeal, and I don't wanna say she's bland personality-wise because there are a few scenes where she really shines...but she is kinda bland personality-wise :/ and I don't understand why there's so much hatred for such a cool, multi-leveled character like Chie, and nothing is said about Yukiko... Also Chie's design kicks ass, hop off.

You mean the fact that Teddie doesn't have an evolved Persona? It's just a design choice; not much of a narrative contradiction.

That and I actually wondered about how or whether Arena makes any sort of acknowledgement about the social links you establish in P4G. Say you are in a lover's status with a certain female character in the game, but Arena does not acknowledge this... I don't know...

Acid08

Banned
The Chie and steak thing was totally fine in the actual game and actually pretty funny. Then the fanbase ran with it and Arena went to it too often, so suddenly her defining characteristic is that she LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES steak.

Basically fuck P4A and the internet.

Yo Scrambles, I'm mostly joking bro. Believe it or not, I actually like all of the characters equally!

lol never take any of my posts too seriously, especially if you think I'm arguing with you, arguing is just one of those things I don't do haha.

I also knew your posts were tongue-in-cheek, but I just can't resist a good debate.

Plus a man's gotta defend his waifu till the end, its like chapter one of the Bro-Code

Acid08

Banned
That and I actually wondered about how or whether Arena makes any sort of acknowledgement about the social links you establish in P4G. Say you are in a lover's status with a certain female character in the game, but Arena does not acknowledge this... I don't know...
How would the game even do this? It just tells a different story using the same characters.

Acid08

Banned
Yu just communicates through grunts. That was my favorite at the end of P4.
All these tearful goodbyes and he's just like "mm" "mhmm" and then blank stare out of the train window at his friends running alongside screaming their undying love for him.

Moonlight

Banned
Having finished up P4G again recently, I can say for sure that Ai is one of the better (if not one of the best) social links and characters in the game. She surprised me, honestly. Really dug the direction that her story took, particularly
when it started diving into why exactly she started trying to reinvent herself into the snobby persona she constructed.

Squire

Banned
Having finished up P4G again recently, I can say for sure that Ai is one of the better (if not one of the best) social links and characters in the game. She surprised me, honestly. Really dug the direction that her story took, particularly
when it started diving into why exactly she started trying to reinvent herself into the snobby persona she constructed.

She breaks in to the top five for sure.

What's BBW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom