• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess Who

Banned
Persona, as in the character designer from SkullGirls!

Anyway, if you do art/can discuss it on a somewhat intellectual level let me know, 'cause we need you for this one. Three of you.

Ah, awesome! I don't feel qualified enough to participate in that one, I'm afraid, but I definitely look forward to listening.

Keeping the same avatar is boring.
Eh, I have changed it a couple different times, though it's most likely just gonna stay as Red Savarin Avatar's if I ever do change it.
Like the cute adorable one I have now I'm going to keep for awhile, way too cute to not have as an avatar.
Dark-gaf is too hard on my eyes, so I use standard-gaf.
Dark-gaf is too grimdark and mature even for Persona GAF.

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, so I will just in case. Disclaimer. I am extremely tired, so please don't mind my poor writing skills.

The original soundtrack for Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth will be released on July 16, 2014 by Mastard Records. It is a two-disc soundtrack which contains 54 tracks. The description also says it has a special "jacket design". It will cost 3,132 yen.
The music for the game was done by Shoji Meguro, Atsushi Kitajoh, and Toshiki Konishi.

PQ OST Cover:
0704cc28749575f838e3434ec5c6b5ffbc54.png

A concept CD called "PERSORA -THE GOLDEN BEST-" will be released with some tracks in PSC, I believe. It will cost 2,160 yen. It will also contain a special illustration booklet, but I may have just translated that incorrectly due to how tired I am. Some tracks featured in the show will be on the CD, which you can find below at the link. It will also be released on July 16, 2014 by Mastard Records.

PQ OST Info: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=99
PSC Concept CD Info: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=100

pan-hime

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, so I will just in case. Disclaimer. I am extremely tired, so please don't mind my poor writing skills.

The original soundtrack for Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth will be released on July 16, 2014 by Mastard Records. It is a two-disc soundtrack which contains 54 tracks. The description also says it has a special "jacket design". It will cost 3,132 yen.
The music for the game was done by Shoji Meguro, Atsushi Kitajoh, and Toshiki Konishi.

PQ OST Cover:

A concept CD called "PERSORA -THE GOLDEN BEST-" will be released with some tracks in PSC, I believe. It will cost 2,160 yen. It will also contain a special illustration booklet, but I may have just translated that incorrectly due to how tired I am. Some tracks featured in the show will be on the CD, which you can find below at the link. It will also be released on July 16, 2014 by Mastard Records.

You know what? I want the PQ OST. Will buy (maybe)

I at least, viewed Yosuke's mistreatment of Kanji's sexuality as him being 17. Not every teenager is Jesus Yu NaruChristmi, many are woefully stupid, rude, or ignorant. Yosuke's behavior toward this part of Kanji was something that made him that much more believable to me because when I was that age I was a somewhat ignorant shit toward gay classmates, too. I grew out of it soon after High School and I kinda expect that Yosuke will, too, because his bad behavior doesn't stem from hatred, but just a youthful dickishness. It's reprehensible, yes, but a deep seated evil it is not. Yosuke's the kind of guy who says dumb shit without thinking, yes, but he's also very aware of how much that sorta tarnishes him and is driven enough to want to overcome what a crappy guy he can be, I think. Which is why I think Yosuke's great, because he isn't, but he wants to be and uses that to better himself. As he gets to know Kanji more and is exposed to Yu's example, I expect it won't be a big deal.

I guess I'm just projecting myself onto him because I see a lot of myself in him, but like, if he is how I see him, the real world will set this ignorance of his to rights.

This is exactly what I always thought when playing.

Keeping the same avatar is boring.

I also did a thing.

Dthv88K.png

This looks pretty good! Part of a series?

Holy shit thats amazing, saved!

Junpei's arc is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Yosuke's.

Way.

Kazzy

Junpei is mostly unlikable for me - and yeah, to speak more towards Jintor's point, his shift is just that - abrupt and half-baked.

Nimby

Banned
I like Junpei a bit more, both got on my nerves though (I really hated Junpei when he started that jealous shit). I consider Kanji and Akihiko my true bros.

Who do you guys prefer, Yosuke or Junpei?

Reasons?

Junpei. I think I've explained my reasons for this about 10 000 times before because I love talking about how good and realistic a character he is, but the gist of it is that every facet of his character has a deep purpose to its existance, and if you examine his character close enough, his story is actually complex enough to be considered the "B-Plot" to Persona 3.

He's also Da Man, so major props for that.

Lunar15

The scene in the tent was eye roll-worthy but I don't pin the blame entirely on Yosuke's character. From the start, with Kanji's dungeon, they've always used his sexuality as some sort of running gag. The boss looks like something out of cho aniki. His interactions with Naoto. ("Make me into a man dammit!")

I actually don't disagree with this. A lot of people don't bring it up because... yeah, but it is kind of a weird issue.
The writing staff clearly makes Kanji not gay, but then takes the fact that he's unsure for a while and plays with it for jokes in other scenes. It's a bit strange, especially since Kanji's social link where he accepts the fact that he doesn't have to adhere to certain standards of manliness to be a man is actually really well written and heartfelt. All of the allusions to homosexuality are actually only really brought up for jokes. It's weird and one of the game's larger flaws. It also had the side effect of making people think Kanji was actually gay and that his social link is dealing with being gay, but really I don't think that's the case at all. It hides the fact that the game actually takes a bit of a negative stance towards homosexuality.

The dungeon's ridiculousness can be somewhat explained through the fact that it was reflecting society's views of gay men, rather than how gay men really act. The shadow dungeons are always exaggerated by society's misconceptions.

I think there were a decent number of changes in the script close to the game's end, and there's a lot of evidence towards that. A lot of it stems from the fact that
Naoto actually was supposed to be a boy. This explains how her grappling with being a woman is kind out of place and forced in when most of her surrounding themes are more about being considered a child. I think this caused ripples in the other character's plotlines, especially Kanji's.

I had fun with Junpei at the begining.
Seem im the only one that hates his arc with Chidori though. I think I would have value more his arc if at that moment all didn't go to the shitters with the majority of characters because of the story. Maybe as a separated social link that I could do at my own pace could have been better for me.

Still I feel Yosuke is more like a real person, I like him more, even if he says some stupid things during the game.

And I played P3 first.

Guess Who

Banned
I think there were a decent number of changes in the script close to the game's end, and there's a lot of evidence towards that. A lot of it stems from the fact that
Naoto actually was supposed to be a boy. This explains how her grappling with being a woman is kind out of place and forced in when most of her surrounding themes are more about being considered a child. I think this caused ripples in the other character's plotlines, especially Kanji's.

Ehhhh. I got the impression that change was made fairly early on.

Sophia

Ehhhh. I got the impression that change was made fairly early on.

Keep in mind, Persona 4 had a REALLY short development cycle for a video game. It came out about a year and a half after Persona 3 FES. Changes made pretty on were probably still significant.

MSMrRound

The changes made to Naoto was due to Atlus opting for Teddie to be
a male instead of

Heck, according to the design works they even wanted to use Elizabeth as the Velvet room assistant at first.

Most interesting bit was about Rise being planned as the "bully/delinquent" before that role was given to Kanji. Wonder if Smed will still like Rise if she had turned out that way.

Guess Who

Banned
Keep in mind, Persona 4 had a REALLY short development cycle for a video game. It came out about a year and a half after Persona 3 FES. Changes made pretty on were probably still significant.

I have to imagine they were working on 4 and FES at the same time, though - The Answer could surely have been made with a skeleton crew, the vast majority of it is recycled P3 assets.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume P4 had a roughly two year dev cycle, which is pretty common in the industry. And considering how much of the engine was already in place in P3, I'd bet the bulk of the development effort was on crafting and implementing the story.

a male instead of

Heck, according to the design works they even wanted to use Elizabeth as the Velvet room assistant at first.

Most interesting bit was about Rise being planned as the "bully/delinquent" before that role was given to Kanji. Wonder if Smed will still like Rise if she had turned out that way.

Wow geez

She used a chain it would've been awesome

Plus I really like her beta design.

Junpei.

His character development from "What is Tatarus? A toothpaste?" to end-game and The Answer was fantastic. I loved how he went from the joker to one of the more level-headed characters in the game.

Yosuke got nothing on him.

I was just going to post something I wrote about why I think Junpei is such a good character, but this does it in even less time! ;D

Sophia

I have to imagine they were working on 4 and FES at the same time, though - The Answer could surely have been made with a skeleton crew, the vast majority of it is recycled P3 assets.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume P4 had a roughly two year dev cycle, which is pretty common in the industry. And considering how much of the engine was already in place in P3, I'd bet the bulk of the development effort was on crafting and implementing the story.

P4 was, to quote Soejima, "officially set in motion" right after P3 FES's release. The Official Design Works makes it clear that the bulk of the work took roughly a year, with several months leading up to it for the design phase. There's also a note about how everyone on the team basically was doing P3 and P4 work simultaneously.

Guess Who

Banned
P4 was, to quote Soejima, "officially set in motion" right after P3 FES's release. The Official Design Works makes it clear that the bulk of the work took roughly a year, with several months leading up to it for the design phase. There's also a note about how everyone on the team basically was doing P3 and P4 work simultaneously.

Haha, that's a very vague timeline indeed. "Officially" didn't begin until after P3FES, but they were also working on them simultaneously. So I might be wrong that FES was a skeleton crew, but it doesn't really contradict my point that they were already doing early work on P4 while FES was still being finished.

Sophia

Haha, that's a very vague timeline indeed. "Officially" didn't begin until after P3FES, but they were also working on them simultaneously. So I might be wrong that FES was a skeleton crew, but it doesn't really contradict my point that they were already doing early work on P4 while FES was still being finished.

Well. The P3 work wasn't all FES. A lot of it was drama CDs and stuff. Soejima did many of the illustrations for the drama CDs that came out after P3 FES. It's safe to assume the team transitioned largely to P4 after FES's release, given the comments.

Dantis

PQ OST Cover:

OMG time to go preorder the PQ OST. I bet Konishi will be working on the battle tracks, and that's why what we've heard sound better than the Arena stuff. He's better at action tracks than Kitajoh is.

Persona, as in the character designer from SkullGirls!

Anyway, if you do art/can discuss it on a somewhat intellectual level let me know, 'cause we need you for this one. Three of you.

Would have loved to be on this, but still no decent microphone. :/

a male instead of

Huh. So a Yukino expy like Chie was a Lisa expy? Interesting.

Odd, she didn't look like it in the artbook P4 came with; I wonder also if Ai appeared from this cast off material.

OMG time to go preorder the PQ OST. I bet Konishi will be working on the battle tracks, and that's why what we've heard sound better than the Arena stuff. He's better at action tracks than Kitajoh is.

Would have loved to be on this, but still no decent microphone. :/

IApparently Koshiro is making a track too. GOGOGOGOGOGO

Aw, I didn't know P4 almost had gay social links. I definitely would have done that, Yosuke's adorable, and I have a slight yaoi fangirl living in me. Best couple IMO.

Anyways, so I know nothing about Aniplex. What are the chances of the P3 movies getting dubbed? If they are, I will wait. I eventually wanna get the movies, I just wanna know if I'm eventually gonna have to get the expensive subbed version or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom