• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Trinity Soul had great ideas, and the visual aesthetics are perfect for Persona.

Shame about the execution.

The visual aesthetic on the Personas is one of my major gripes with the show.

I also hate how their Personas fight while the user does nothing. There's no unity.

Mdesilva

There better be a PGAF lobby when ultimax releases.. Social links and all ^_^

20140812_120023_thumb.png
Erm, no. The lobbies are per region, so unfortunately we can't really all just group up in one arcade as we can't reserve one or anything… unless there are empty ones at the time. And there will be more lag than usual, esp if we play with people from all different regions. We'd be better off making player match rooms.

Probably.

CorvoSol

I think you guys are being incredibly misleading with your descriptions of Trinity Soul.

You're making it sound much less silly and much more interesting than it actually is.

I swear I've said it like, three times now, but Trinity Soul is really boring guys. If this wasn't a group watch I wouldn't finish it. Because it's full of weird inconsistent transitions and the story is told in such a slap-dash, haphazard, disjointed way that it's extremely difficult to follow. Numerous episodes spend an inordinate amount of time on people just sitting and talking.

Episodes where Shadow-pulling becomes a gigglefest for us are few and far between. Most of our enjoyment is instead derived from laughing at how awful the show is. Like last night Star pointed out that it was suddenly midsummer even though the entire show has been set during the winter so far and there were no other signs indicating a timeskip.

It is by no means a good anime. If you watch it alone it probably isn't even a fun anime to watch.

Please do not take My, PK, or Buddha's masochistic enjoyment of this terrible anime as a reason to watch it.

The visual aesthetic on the Personas is one of my major gripes with the show.

I also hate how their Personas fight while the user does nothing. There's no unity.

I actually think the entire show is incredibly dull, visually. The Personas being transparent and almost entirely motionless while the camera wobbles around maddeningly during Persona fights in the show is just one part of it. Although it's clear that the animation is better than Golden Animation's, that's not saying much, and it's still less visually striking because the show hasn't got anything beyond this sort of constant, hammering glare of blue, black, and white going for it in terms of colors.

At the very least I would never compliment Trinity Soul on it looking good. Not when every single vehicle is a PS2 Ghost Car.

You didn't lie about your age.

Wow.
Indeed. When I first got my 3DS obviously it wasn't like this, when you entered a M rated game I just faked my age. That's the reason I was able to download Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies in the first place! But when I got my Wii U and Miiverse, I didn't really had to fake my age since I could enter those games at 12:00 so I thought it would be the same for 3DS too, but then when I linked it with my 3DS then there's this fuckin stupid rule. Uggh, if only I knew.
Well, she is in P4GA, too.
Yeah, but that gif that PK used is from P4A, not P4GA, so the joke kinda falls.

Also, I have watched some P4 playthroughs and then there's most of the times a guy with the username "LX" with a Hiimdaisy!Yu pic, is that you? :p

Daimaou

Oh wow. I love the idea of that, but it's the kind of thing you're either going to do wonderfully or horribly.

Definitely sounds like a huge allegory to a multitude of addictions. Fascinating.

If they fleshed it out more, maybe.

The show just doesn't focus on it enough to give it any real gravity, because the show itself absolutely refuses to focus on anything for more than 5 minutes. Shadow pulling will happen, someone will yell "SHADOW PULLING IS BAD!" and that will be the end of it for several episodes.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah, but that gif that PK used is from P4A, not P4GA, so the joke kinda falls.

Also, I have watched some P4 playthroughs and then there's most of the times a guy with the username "LX" with a Hiimdaisy!Yu pic, is that you? :p

Fair enough.

Yep, that's my youtube account and the pic I've been using lately on it, lol. I have a tendency to make comments on Persona videos in paticular. If I said anything stupid in particular, then I blame my tendency to be impulsive on youtube comments. :p

Mdesilva

Uggh, stupid PQ's M rating, that means I won't even be able to look up/download it from the eShop because of Nintendo's fuckin stupid 18+ rule. This is the same fuckin reason I haven't been able to download SMT IV or Soul Hackers when they're on sale. And I doubt I will find a niche title like Persona on the stores of Mexico where I live. Ughh I'm really mad.
So once you set up NNID, you can't do the thing where you say your age when you enter the eShop anymore?

Daaaaaaamn. That sucks, man. You can't just order it online?

Squire

Banned
Indeed. When I first got my 3DS obviously it wasn't like this, when you entered a M rated game I just faked my age. That's the reason I was able to download Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies in the first place! But when I got my Wii U and Miiverse, I didn't really had to fake my age since I could enter those games at 12:00 so I thought it would be the same for 3DS too, but then when I linked it with my 3DS then there's this fuckin stupid rule. Uggh, if only I knew.

Lie on all that stuff, man. When I was 11-12 (once I started to really have internet access) I always dialed the year I was born back by ten years.

The show just doesn't focus on it enough to give it any real gravity, because the show itself absolutely refuses to focus on anything for more than 5 minutes. Shadow pulling will happen, someone will yell "SHADOW PULLING IS BAD!" and that will be the end of it for several episodes.

I see. Sounds like what Sophia said about the show having a lot of lot lines. That's too bad.

If love to see someone take just that idea and flesh it out for a whole series.

CorvoSol

Yeah, the show has way, way too much going on and it does an awful job of connecting it. They've told us the story of Whale Feathers like, twice, but I don't have any idea where the whale feather even came from in that story. The submarine found at the beginning of the series, the multiple homicides, and the vague mention of Apathy Syndrome all feel extremely unrelated.

The villains showed up half-way through the series and I don't even really get what they have to do with everything that happened before hand.

It's pretty telling, really, that we're half-way through this show and none of us really knows what is going on.

Caladrius

Yeah, the show has way, way too much going on and it does an awful job of connecting it. They've told us the story of Whale Feathers like, twice, but I don't have any idea where the whale feather even came from in that story. The submarine found at the beginning of the series, the multiple homicides, and the vague mention of Apathy Syndrome all feel extremely unrelated.

The villains showed up half-way through the series and I don't even really get what they have to do with everything that happened before hand.

It's pretty telling, really, that we're half-way through this show and none of us really knows what is going on.

Persona: Tripping Soul

Fair enough.

Yep, that's my youtube account and the pic I've been using lately on it, lol. I have a tendency to make comments on Persona videos in paticular. If I said anything stupid in particular, then I blame my tendency to be impulsive on youtube comments. :p
I was right! Haha. Currently I'm watching NicoB's walktrough and I enjoy reading your comments.
guys I was thinking of a new avatar, maybe this :

BvQxJyJCUAEOVqQ.jpg:large

What do you guys think? Should I keep my deal with it cheese labrys?
Use Maaaaya!
So once you set up NNID, you can't do the thing where you say your age when you enter the eShop anymore?

Daaaaaaamn. That sucks, man. You can't just order it online?
Nope, not anymore.

I don't think there's any store around here in Mexico where I can order PQ. I remember me and my dad searched crazy for Fire Emblem Awakening in my birthday (that I think it was the game's launch date too? haha) but we couldn't find it, so we had to buy it in the eShop (he doesn't really like that because he fears that I will lose my 3DS and the game with it or that one day I will want to sell it) I haven't found the game in any stores so far.. Anyways, I'm really wary about the whole region-lock thing from the 3DS, I don't want to order the game from USA or other place and then find out I can't play it in my 3DS. It was similar with Arena too, I was telling my dad "Could you ask the guy where's the guy from?..." but luckily I could play it in my PS3 after all. I doubt I can find a guy selling it online from Mexico on launch day, though.

Sophia

Erm, no. The lobbies are per region, so unfortunately we can't really all just group up in one arcade as we can't reserve one or anything… unless there are empty ones at the time. And there will be more lag than usual, esp if we play with people from all different regions. We'd be better off making player match rooms.

Probably.

We can totally just steal some obscure room and use it for PersonaGAF awesomeness. >_>

Zareka

Uggh, stupid PQ's M rating, that means I won't even be able to look up/download it from the eShop because of Nintendo's fuckin stupid 18+ rule. This is the same fuckin reason I haven't been able to download SMT IV or Soul Hackers when they're on sale. And I doubt I will find a niche title like Persona on the stores of Mexico where I live. Ughh I'm really mad

I'm gonna have a spare NTSC copy of PQ sometime up to a month after release, so if you can't get a hold of the game by then I'd gladly get that to you if there was any way I could. I live in the UK though, so shipping times etc.

So I'm stuck at a hotel in the boonies, so I have a lot of time to think. And I was wondering, what features do you think would be cool to be in P5?

Doesn't have to be realistic if you don't want, but the more possible they are, the better.

For example, optional party members a la Ff7. Missable characters with their own plot and backstory that contribute if you attain them but it's not necessary.

New fighting type, shadow tamer. Party member that has no persona but is able to tame and use one shadow to attack with.

Story element. Party member heel turn, and you can either fight them and eliminate them or convince them to turn good again. Either way, the story continues and your choice matters.

What stuff like this can you come up with?

Dantis

Probably.

This actually sounds kinda shitty.

Can multiple games be going on in normal lobbies now too? Or is that restricted to this mode?

Marche90

I was right! Haha. Currently I'm watching NicoB's walktrough and I enjoy reading your comments.

Use Maaaaya!

Nope, not anymore.

I don't think there's any store around here in Mexico where I can order PQ. I remember me and my dad searched crazy for Fire Emblem Awakening in my birthday (that I think it was the game's launch date too? haha) but we couldn't find it, so we had to buy it in the eShop (he doesn't really like that because he fears that I will lose my 3DS and the game with it or that one day I will want to sell it) I haven't found the game in any stores so far.. Anyways, I'm really wary about the whole region-lock thing from the 3DS, I don't want to order the game from USA or other place and then find out I can't play it in my 3DS. It was similar with Arena too, I was telling my dad "Could you ask the guy where's the guy from?..." but luckily I could play it in my PS3 after all. I doubt I can find a guy selling it online from Mexico on launch day, though.

Is Play-Asia an option to be sure you'll have the game? And about the Region Lock: 5 regions: The Americas, Europe, Japan, Korea and China. No more, no less, meaning that any game carrying an ESRB logo will be compatible with your device.

Most likely I'll try my luck around the release date in finding PQ physical. Pretty sure some stores will have the game (I have seen at least one GamePlanet still stocked with STMIV, the normal edition, plus the random Gamers with copies of Devil Survivor Overclocked).

*sigh* Speaking of preorders, what I'm pretty sure stores here won't take preorders of is Project Diva F 2nd. I was supposedly going to ask today, and indeed went to the mall... but since I went there for a different matter I forgot to go into the store and ask if they were taking preorders of that game xD

Mdesilva

This actually sounds kinda shitty.

Can multiple games be going on in normal lobbies now too? Or is that restricted to this mode?
Yeah, they can (almost definitely).

It's not that the lobbies are RESTRICTED to each region, per say, but it's not optimal. If you're going to play a specific person, there's no reason to go to the arcade to do it. It's more for just looking for a match.

Now, if the lag isn't /too/ strong, then I guess arcade lobbies would be okay for big gatherings…

Xenoflare

Yeah, they can (almost definitely).

It's not that the lobbies are RESTRICTED to each region, per say, but it's not optimal. If you're going to play a specific person, there's no reason to go to the arcade to do it. It's more for just looking for a match.

Now, if the lag isn't /too/ strong, then I guess arcade lobbies would be okay for big gatherings…

Does this mean that I can't do the training mode waiting the system to match up with another player for matches? Sorry if this is a silly question.

Mdesilva

Does this mean that I can't do the training mode waiting the system to match up with another player for matches? Sorry if this is a silly question.
In the cool arcade lobby? It wasn't in BBCP, so unless it's a new feature, then no.

In player rooms or ranked matches, probably. In BBCP, which they're pulling a lot of these new online features from, they even made it possible to be in (almost) any offline mode while waiting for a Ranked Match, in addition to an Online Training/Sparring mode.

Xenoflare

In the cool arcade lobby? It wasn't in BBCP, so unless it's a new feature, then no.

In player rooms or ranked matches, probably. In BBCP, which they're pulling a lot of these new online features from, they even made it possible to be in (almost) any offline mode while waiting for a Ranked Match, in addition to an Online Training/Sparring mode.

Awesome, thanks!

Lie on all that stuff, man. When I was 11-12 (once I started to really have internet access) I always dialed the year I was born back by ten years.
Learnt the lesson haha. Screw the truth, Persona 4 didn't teach me anything!
I'm gonna have a spare NTSC copy of PQ sometime up to a month after release, so if you can't get a hold of the game by then I'd gladly get that to you if there was any way I could. I live in the UK though, so shipping times etc.
That would be pretty awesome, thanks, but I dunno if I could get it to work in my 3DS.
Is Play-Asia an option to be sure you'll have the game? And about the Region Lock: 5 regions: The Americas, Europe, Japan, Korea and China. No more, no less, meaning that any game carrying an ESRB logo will be compatible with your device.

Most likely I'll try my luck around the release date in finding PQ physical. Pretty sure some stores will have the game (I have seen at least one GamePlanet still stocked with STMIV, the normal edition, plus the random Gamers with copies of Devil Survivor Overclocked).
Hmm? What's Play-Asia? Ah, I see about region-locking, so I can play an US game just fine? A Gameplanet that is in a different city does have a lot of games, but I don't think I've seen SMT IV or any other niche game aside from FE:A and Etrian Odyssey (I think I found Arena in another store, but it was after I ordered the game lol). Are you from Mexico too?

Jintor

It's summer so idk. Had a few heavy showers. Lotta really short lightning storms actually... L like, clouds all day and then ten minutes of ridiculously heavy rain.

No mist yet. Inaba having mist during summer is really ridiculous how that I think about it. Unless it was like a smog haze

Golden playthrough:
I love the whole Teddie going to school and Hanako stalking him little arc lol It makes the "I like the Prince of Junes" thing more sense.
Also, (P4 spoilers)
Namatame watching out for the people he "rescued" at the Junes concert and later mentioning it when he confronts the IT, that's a really nice addition. I love those kinds of details.
Doesn't Amazon ship to Mexico?

Remember, if it's ESRB, it'll work. So it'll be fine.
I should investigate more about ordering online. And gotcha.

Marche90

Learnt the lesson haha. Screw the truth, Persona 4 didn't teach me anything!

That would be pretty awesome, thanks, but I dunno if I could get it to work in my 3DS.

Hmm? What's Play-Asia? Ah, I see about region-locking, so I can play an US game just fine? A Gameplanet that is in a different city does have a lot of games, but I don't think I've seen SMT IV or any other niche game aside from FE:A and Etrian Odyssey (I think I found Arena in another store, but it was after I ordered the game lol). Are you from Mexico too?

Play-Asia is an online store that specializes in imports, however they sell North American software too. As for the other point, I have found a pretty decent selection... sometimes. They are massively hit or miss :lol. And yeah, I'm from Mexico xD.

Doesn't Amazon ship to Mexico?

Remember, if it's ESRB, it'll work. So it'll be fine.

Sometimes. Depends on what you buy.

Top Bottom