• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

CorvoSol

Trinity Soul 11

Aika suddenly comes down with Nymphomania, but her friends decide that she and she alone is not allowed to have sex, and Vanilla Coke will dump her if she does. Some yuri teasing goes down, and then Aika gets gang raped by four guys and Kenneth blames her for it.

She barfs sparkles and then we watched the ending to Eva 2.22.

Uggh, stupid PQ's M rating, that means I won't even be able to look up/download it from the eShop because of Nintendo's fuckin stupid 18+ rule. This is the same fuckin reason I haven't been able to download SMT IV or Soul Hackers when they're on sale. And I doubt I will find a niche title like Persona on the stores of Mexico where I live. Ughh I'm really mad.
Arc Revo qualifiers for Ultimax character count:
5: Yu
4: Yosuke, Teddie
3: Mitsuru, Aigis
2. Shadow Mitsuru, Akihiko
1: Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Shadow Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth, Yukari, Junpei, Minazuki
0: Labrys, Shadow Labrys, Sho
I like how all the Arena characters are the most lowest. lol
8 months later and I'm finally a member!

(>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<)
Congrats!
Hey look it's that girl from Trinity Soul. What is she doing in Mariesona 4: The Golden Goddess Girl: The Animation?
To be fair, that gif is from the original Animation.

Squire

Banned
Uggh, stupid PQ's M rating, that means I won't even be able to look up/download it from the eShop because of Nintendo's fuckin stupid 18+ rule. This is the same fuckin reason I haven't been able to download SMT IV or Soul Hackers when they're on sale. And I doubt I will find a niche title like Persona on the stores of Mexico where I live. Ughh I'm really mad.

You didn't lie about your age.

Wow.

Dantis

No, for you see, in A Link to the Past, whenever Link entered the Dark World prior to obraining the magic mirror, he would turn into a bunny. Since Link = bunny, a Link suit = a bunny suit. Therefore, Dantis has, in fact, drawn Naoto in a bunny suit.

YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND.

I thought Naoto week ended on Thursday…

Still surprised the one Chie was STD and not Kirisame, rip.

Shadow power too weak~

Nope. Buddha wants to run the art weeks for a fortnight, so it's ends this coming Thursday.

Acid08

Banned
Trinity Soul 11

Aika suddenly comes down with Nymphomania, but her friends decide that she and she alone is not allowed to have sex, and Vanilla Coke will dump her if she does. Some yuri teasing goes down, and then Aika gets gang raped by four guys and Kenneth blames her for it.

hey corvo are you going crazy?

Trinity Soul 11

Wow. Just when I thought I couldn't be less motivated to watch it...

Trinity Soul Ep 12:

And-now.jpg

1-2-chronicles-most-boring-book-of-the-bible.png

PK Gaming

Trinity Soul 11

Aika is by far the best character on this show.

Her addiction to sex is goofy, but also kind of compelling in way. It certainly beats whatever the fuck the rest of the characters have.

I think Trinity Souls would have been half decent if it focused exclusively on shadow pulling and teenagers coping with their intense sexual urges. Because that stuff's legitimately intriguing (even if the execution is mostly laughable)

Squire

Banned
Aika is by far the best character on this show.

Her addiction to sex is goofy, but also kind of compelling in way. It certainly beats whatever the fuck the rest of the characters have.

I think Trinity Souls would have been half decent if it focused exclusively on shadow pulling and teenagers coping with their intense sexual urges. Because that stuff's legitimately intriguing (even if the execution is mostly laughable)

WHAT? Man, what the fuck is up with this show?

Sophia

So is Trinity Soul "good bad" or "bad bad"?

It's one part "So bad it's good" and one part "How did they screw up such an awesome premise?"

The concept behind the show is legit awesome: Persona users fighting evil Persona users who go around killing everyone by extracting their Personas and turning them inside out. But the execution is awful.

Daimaou

I've never managed to make it through the series. I wouldn't recommend watching it at all.

I also feel like PK, Buddha, and Corvo are misrepresenting it as being some sort of crazy allegory for drug/sex addiction, when it's really not. I'm not going to deny some parallels, but I think they're reading a bit too far into it for the sake of humor.

PK Gaming

WHAT? Man, what the fuck is up with this show?

There's this thing called Shadow Extraction, where teenagers try to extract each other's Personas(?). Supposedly, people derive a great deal of pleasure from doing it, to a point where some characters get addicted to it. Aika becomes so addicted to doing it that she ends up going to these Shadow Extraction circles* to get her dose When she tries to quit, she ends up going through an intense bout of withdrawal. (It's a painful process)

Could have been great, but the writers are super out of touch with reality, so it's kind of dumb.

*Like a dozen or so guys Shadow Extract with her. The implication is unpleasant.

CorvoSol

I've never managed to make it through the series. I wouldn't recommend watching it at all.

I also feel like PK, Buddha, and Corvo are misrepresenting it as being some sort of crazy allegory for drug/sex addiction, when it's really not. I'm not going to deny some parallels, but I think they're reading a bit too far into it for the sake of humor.

I think Shadow Extraction is a pretty blatant metaphor for teenaged sex and drugs. I mean they're not subtle about that particular point at all.

But the show itself isn't just about that. 99% of the time it's either paaaaaaaaainfully dull Police investigations that don't connect back to anything or the main dude's little brother being creepy and ominous.

Outside of Shadow Extractions the only interest one can actual get out of this show is that it serves as a sort of "What If" scenario in which the "What If" involved was "What If Persona 4 sucked?"

Seriously guys, don't watch Trinity Soul alone.

Squire

Banned
There's this thing called Shadow Extraction, where teenagers try to extract each other's Personas(?). Supposedly, people derive a great deal of pleasure from doing it, to a point where some characters get addicted to it. Aika becomes so addicted to doing it that she ends up going to these Shadow Extraction circles* to get her dose When she tries to quit, she ends up going through an intense bout of withdrawal. (It's a painful process)

Could have been great, but the writers are super out of touch with reality, so it's kind of dumb.

*Like a dozen or so guys Shadow Extract with her. The implication is unpleasant.

Oh wow. I love the idea of that, but it's the kind of thing you're either going to do wonderfully or horribly.

Definitely sounds like a huge allegory to a multitude of addictions. Fascinating.

Sophia

Oh wow. I love the idea of that, but it's the kind of thing you're either going to do wonderfully or horribly.

Definitely sounds like a huge allegory to a multitude of addictions. Fascinating.

For what it's worth, Shadow Pulling and everything related to it is basically one of three redeeming plot-lines in Trinity Soul. Out of the 400 that the show has. :p

CorvoSol

Now you're making it sound like The Ring. If you watch Trinity Soul alone a mysterious man will come out of your TV and take you to a land of perpetual boredom and unsubtle Freudian imagery.

Nah it's just that in a group it's fun because you can make fun of it together. Alone you can't. There isn't any special secret to it.

Dantis

I think you guys are being incredibly misleading with your descriptions of Trinity Soul.

You're making it sound much less silly and much more interesting than it actually is.

Literally screencapped this post.

I'm kidding.

As Arena showed us, the only person that Naoto really has the hots for is Mitsuru.

Xenoflare

Currently replaying golden for the 7281st time, and I'm experiencing something weird.

Yukiko is not showing up on her bike day. What could be causing this? 9/18 sun.

I did Naoto's dungeon crawl the day before....

Currently replaying golden for the 7281st time, and I'm experiencing something weird.

Yukiko is not showing up on her bike day. What could be causing this? 9/18 sun.

I did Naoto's dungeon crawl the day before....
Aren't the party members usually not available until the rescued person gets better?

Meia

I'm going through Very Hard for the first time, and it's sad my guesses were correct about it. Just more grindy to wind up slightly under leveled to where you normally are(just saved Yukiko clocking in at 10 hours @ lv 16, usually takes 9 hours @ lv18), and if you know what you're doing with persona building it doesn't amount to much changed in terms of difficulty. Guessing grinding levels is something you probably don't even really need to do if you grind stat cards from shuffle too. Blah.

kewlmyc

Im probably the only nutjob that really enjoyed the stage play. I thought it was awesome. [/IMG]

I mean ridiculous in a good way. Looks like good dumb fun. Also [redacted] can wield a katana like a boss and take on 7 people at once.

I think Shadow Extraction is a pretty blatant metaphor for teenaged sex and drugs. I mean they're not subtle about that particular point at all.

But the show itself isn't just about that. 99% of the time it's either paaaaaaaaainfully dull Police investigations that don't connect back to anything or the main dude's little brother being creepy and ominous.

Outside of Shadow Extractions the only interest one can actual get out of this show is that it serves as a sort of "What If" scenario in which the "What If" involved was "What If Persona 4 sucked?"

Seriously guys, don't watch Trinity Soul alone.

Makes me wish I joined you guys, but self-torture seems not pleasant even with others.

From my side, thanks Daria!

And heck I kind of don't even remember Trinity Soul that well, but it will be regarded for me as my first experience with Persona so I don't hate it. I remember being in Portugal on a vacation, it was a rainy day and the plans that I had with my childhood friends from there to go to the beach didn't come through. I was browsing through GAF, wasn't a user back then, and came upon a P3P thread and the game got me curious ("hell, kids shooting themselves in the head???") so I made a bit of research and came upon the anime. I decided to give it a watch, thinking that it would be similar in terms of themes and such to the games. I remember really enjoying it, and binge watching the whole thing in 2 days or something. As soon as I came back to Canada, I went to EB and bought a brand new copy of P3P, and so began my Persona journey. :p

Top Bottom